News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Playing Thread

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-14, 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-07-08, 19:14:53
Do you wanna tell us what they're like, Stevie ?

Not too sure exactly where you heading on this one, so two answers - pick whichever one is closest:  :)

If you mean 'what are those two Primus albums like?' then they're typical Primus, Punchbowl being one of my faves along with 'Animals should not try to act like people".

If you mean 'what are Primus like?' then I can't really help as they aren't like other bands.  There might be a little of the Beefheart or Zappa spirit in the thinking behind the music, but not really in the music itself.  They're whacky or oddball, but that won't help.  Sorry, but I can't do much better than that.  It's significant to note that one of the pieces of mp3 software you can get (not sure which, Windows Media Player, iTunes, whatever) has 'Primus' as a genre, alongside 'Rock', 'Pop', 'Metal', etc.
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-07-08, 20:03:19
That is such a marvellous album. One of the best i've heard this year.
It's typical Pineapple but i never get the feeling 'hey, i've heard this before'.  8)

Yes, and I think it's worth noting that there isn't really anything 'in-yer-face' on there for immediate impact.  It's just high quality ideas, composition and execution.  A real grower.  *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Dr. Feelgood - Sneakin' Suspicion
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Dragonforce:  Inhuman Rampage

Wonder where I got that idea, Tom  ::)

Quite refreshing to get one's brain cells battered like that  ;D

I was pleasantly surprised to see words like angel, soul, destiny, heaven in the lyrics  :)

On their last song Trail Of Broken Hearts they slow down to a surprisingly civilised pace and get real melodic, and that suits them  *horns*

Just noticed that Clive Nolan is credited with backing vocals  ??? ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Deenfan

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2008-06-24, 22:07:59
NP: Marillion - This Town / The Rakes Progress / 100 Nights

It's been a while since I played that, but it's still bloody good!

Tom

It is absolutely brilliant, and yes, "This town" was better in it's preproduction version that we got a live rendition of on "From Stoke Row to Ipanema", as pointed out by a very wise man! ;)

Iggy

Future Shock Ian Gillan

Steve Jones

Mike Rutherford - Smallcreep's Day.

I've not played this one for about a zillion years!
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

NP: Sieges Even - Eyes Wide Open

What a great track!! Amazing chorus! 8)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-07-08, 22:04:20
Dragonforce:  Inhuman Rampage

Wonder where I got that idea, Tom  ::)

Once again, I have no clue! :D ;)

Quite refreshing to get one's brain cells battered like that  ;D

Yeah it can be refreshing from time to time I guess. But when I listen to 2 Dragonforce-songs back to back I'm exhausted!

Tom

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2008-07-09, 08:01:02
Once again, I have no clue! :D ;)

Yeah it can be refreshing from time to time I guess. But when I listen to 2 Dragonforce-songs back to back I'm exhausted!

Tom

I went to see them live (with my ear plugs) and me and my mate were the only people allowed to buy alcohol.

Great fun but very loud.

Iggy

Discovery by Mike Oldfield

Bupie

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2008-07-08, 22:35:36
It is absolutely brilliant, and yes, "This town" was better in it's preproduction version that we got a live rendition of on "From Stoke Row to Ipanema", as pointed out by a very wise man! ;)

I think you can also find this version on the double CD remastered edition of HiE which I absolutely recommend  *horns*

NP Dream Theater - Waking up the World Tour '95   Last listen of this excellent bootleg  :'( since I just sold it back on the internet ...

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2008-07-09, 10:57:45
NP Dream Theater - Waking up the World Tour '95   Last listen of this excellent bootleg  :'( since I just sold it back on the internet ...

Why did you sell it!? :o And why not to me!? :o

;)

NP: Opeth - To Rid The Disease

Tom

Deenfan

WinterStrain - Shifting sands

Iggy

ELP Live in Montreux on Sky +

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Bupie

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2008-07-09, 11:28:52
Why did you sell it!? :o And why not to me!? :o

;)

Because I don't really need it since I already have their entire legal discography including many live albums ... and I got a fair price.  Of course, I am sure that you already have it  ;)

NP Dream Theater - Repentance  :-[    ;D

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2008-07-09, 12:14:43
Because I don't really need it since I already have their entire legal discography including many live albums ... and I got a fair price.  Of course, I am sure that you already have it  ;)

Okay fair enough. It's a bootleg I don't have. Is it an official one? If so, can you tell something about it? Since I'm a real sucker for the Official Bootleg-series and this one is one of the few that is still on my list.

NP: Dream Theater - The Great Debate (yeah you inspired me to play some DT)

Tom

Bupie

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2008-07-09, 12:52:16
Okay fair enough. It's a bootleg I don't have. Is it an official one? If so, can you tell something about it? Since I'm a real sucker for the Official Bootleg-series and this one is one of the few that is still on my list.

No it's not an official one but it has a very good sound, though. All the infos here http://bootopia.yourmajesty.net/index.php?title=Soundboard_Master_Series_vol.III_-_Waking_Up_The_World_Tour_%2795 ; You will notice that it includes some songs (6:00, Caught in a Web, Metropolis Part 1 ...) that don't appear on the OB of this same tour plus some unplugged songs (with similar versions to those who figure on the FYIALT DVD, if I don't mistake). Unfortunately, James often struggles ...

NP Dream Theater - 6:00  Groovy Funky Jazzy prog metal  *horns*

Teunis

Caamora - She

Scene 3 (Judgement)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Steve Jones

Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings.
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

listening to morow on t'internet.

Currently playing rendezvous 6.02 by UK from Dangermoney

maddox

Amaseffer - Slaves For Life

Track: [02] Slaves For Life

*horns* *horns* *horns*

This is f*****g brilliant.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling.

I seem to be having a bit of a Genesis spin-off week.  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Today I played a bit of Dream Theater.
"Scenes From A Memory" and "Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" were the lucky ones.

-Paco