News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Playing Thread

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-14, 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2008-07-05, 17:59:07
Always been one of my fave TFKs, that one, along with Unfold the Future.  Something for everyone in the TFK back-catalogue.  *horns*

Funny, Unfold The Future never did much for me. Sure it has it's highlights like The Truth for instance or Silent Inferno. Even Devil's Playground is good but overall it's too jazzy to my taste. Maybe it's me.

No if i'm looking for an essential Flower Kings release then i pick Stardust We Are or Flower Power. Both excellent albums and with the title track of Stardust they hold, in my opinion, the title of 'The Mother Of All Epics' to me.

Each to his own of course.  ;)

NP> Equilibrio - A Rock Opera

Tonight i went to the concert in Utrecht and my gosh let me tell you: if you like Symphonic metal with classical moments ehm let me refrase that: Lots of classical moments that this is an album you should really buy or at least check it out.

Stunning! And that for a Dutch band called Xystus combined with a Dutch Orchestra. Yep, a real orchestra. 

It reminds me of Caamora in many ways though it's far more 'metal' than Caamora.

Highly recommended!!!  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Appelmoes??

AC/DC live *horns*

Good ol' fashioned Rock 'n Roll baby!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Steve Jones

Glass Hammer - Culture of Ascent
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Steve Jones

Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age of Wireless

Anyone remember Magnus Pyke in the video for 'She Blinded Me With Science'? Hell, anyone even remember Magnus Pyke?  ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Queen - Queen.

Sometimes it seems that Queen have always been there. Like Floyd, or Yes.  Yet when I play the first album it reminds me of when they were new and fresh, the excitement of discovering a new band and new music to hear.  Thankfully I still get the same rush from new discoveries today, possibly more so in fact.

I'll stop when the air guitar seems too heavy to lift.  *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2008-07-06, 10:08:58
Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age of Wireless

Anyone remember Magnus Pyke in the video for 'She Blinded Me With Science'? Hell, anyone even remember Magnus Pyke?  ;D

Yep he was the nutty scientist wasn't he? Used to wave his arms about alot.

Iggy

Now playing Spock's Beard V

This was the first Cd I got of their's

Iggy

maddox

Equilibrio - A Rock Opera

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2008-07-06, 12:52:10
Np Ritual Live

I really must get some more Ritual.  *horns*

NP: Boo Hewerdine - Ignorance.  He's an acoustic-ish singer-songwriter, for anyone wondering.
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-07-06, 13:00:08
Equilibrio - A Rock Opera

I tried to look it up and amazon doesn't have it. I love symphonic rock is it really really good?

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2008-07-06, 13:02:37
I really must get some more Ritual.  *horns*

NP: Boo Hewerdine - Ignorance.  He's an acoustic-ish singer-songwriter, for anyone wondering.

I only have one at the moment but I like what I'm hearing.

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2008-07-06, 13:18:15
I tried to look it up and amazon doesn't have it. I love symphonic rock is it really really good?

Yes, it is.  :)

It's a project of a Dutch band called Xystus and USconcert (US stands for Utrechtse Studenten which roughly translated means Utrechtse ( a dutch town) Students Orchestra) and one of the guest appearances is from Simone Simmons of Epica and also know for her duets with Kahn in Kamelot. If you like Symphonic Metal with lots of classical moments than it surely is one project you should listen too.

However like i already said it's Dutch so that probably explains why you couldn't find it on Amazon. I have some links i can post here but they're all in Dutch so that isn't useful to you i guess.
There is a Dutch mail-order company who sells it through internet but again: That's in Dutch.

I'll try to look for something in English for you. 

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-07-06, 13:45:30
Yes, it is.  :)

It's a project of a Dutch band called Xystus and USconcert (US stands for Utrechtse Studenten which roughly translated means Utrechtse ( a dutch town) Students Orchestra) and one of the guest appearances is from Simone Simmons of Epica and also know for her duets with Kahn in Kamelot. If you like Symphonic Metal with lots of classical moments than it surely is one project you should listen too.

However like i already said it's Dutch so that probably explains why you couldn't find it on Amazon. I have some links i can post here but they're all in Dutch so that isn't useful to you i guess.
There is a Dutch mail-order company who sells it through internet but again: That's in Dutch.

I'll try to look for something in English for you. 

Thanks Simone was on 01011001 as well wasn't she? As I may have said before I saw Epica support Symphony X and enjoyed them even though I hadn't heard any Epica before. Symphony X were brilliant as well.   ;D

Iggy

Np Amused to death by Roger waters

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2008-07-06, 15:25:02
Np Amused to death by Roger waters

8)

NP> Demians - Building An Empire

Also  8)

Iggy

Nicky007

Riverside:  Rapid Eye Movement   *horns* *horns* *horns*

If you can accept the funny English, this is one of the best prog groups around, kinda Floyd meets Porcupine Tree, which oughtta ring a coupl'o bells  ;D  (for the bells, not the English)

And they seem to be getting the attention they merit (a lot).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Proglady

NP: Osada Vida - The Body Parts Party

Iggy

Quote from: Proglady on Sun, 2008-07-06, 17:59:59
NP: Osada Vida - The Body Parts Party

Hi Proglady

Never heard of them what are they like?

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2008-07-05, 18:41:21
Quidam Alone together

And what are they like ?   ;D

Nicky.

And what is he like ?   ;D ;D
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-07-06, 18:05:06
And what are they like ?   ;D

Nicky.

And what is he like ?   ;D ;D

Bought Quidam recently only listened once so far so can I reserve judgement?

???

Proglady

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2008-07-06, 18:04:06
Hi Proglady

Never heard of them what are they like?

Osada Vda are from Poland and they play differnt music styles, like: Progressive Rock, Metal, Jazz, Ambient, Alternativ Rock
There are some Soundsamples on their MySpace Site http://www.myspace.com/osadavida

Iggy

Quote from: Proglady on Sun, 2008-07-06, 18:26:12
Osada Vda are from Poland and they play differnt music styles, like: Progressive Rock, Metal, Jazz, Ambient, Alternativ Rock
There are some Soundsamples on their MySpace Site http://www.myspace.com/osadavida

Thanks

Sorry should have added Poland seems to be producing really, really good bands at the moment

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-07-06, 00:33:04
... if i'm looking for an essential Flower Kings release then i pick Stardust We Are or Flower Power. Both excellent albums and with the title track of Stardust they hold, in my opinion, the title of 'The Mother Of All Epics' to me.

I spun Paradox Hotel a coupl'o times, and it didnt really grip me. But I could hear that the guys are excellent musicians and serious and all that, so I'm willing to try'm out some more. Stardust seems to be an album to get.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can