News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Kino

Started by Moonloop, Thu, 2005-01-27, 09:18:50

Previous topic - Next topic

sammi

why yes please,i guess it will be the normal you sleep while everyone else is awake.

johninblack

Yep, quite likely.

johninblack

Sorry Sammi, Matt won't be there so it's 160 miles there, see gig (no beer for me  :( ) 160 miles back..........still, it'll be worth it.

sammi

lol u won't need the beer to enjoy yaself you can stick with me and drink coke.

johninblack

Quote from: sammi on Wed, 2006-02-01, 00:28:05
lol u won't need the beer to enjoy yaself you can stick with me and drink coke.

Quite right too! Any one else from here joining me and Sammi for a coke in Rotherham?

Smegal

maybe but i'd much prefere if you gave me a lift so i can have a beer or two
MY PRECIOUS

Moonloop

Has anyone got the Kino "out-takes" CD..?? Is it worth it..??
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

JJ II

Yep, and it'really worth it: not a proper album, but fun outtakes and live-recordings. There's some very beatles-y work and great yes-sy track on it...

PH

I think you should buy it! It's great, especially "Throw it away" "Won't fall down" "Say you will" and the ghosttrack (secret 10th track) which is an instrumental piece (the piece WITH vocals will be on the next CD).

PH

There's been a lot of rumours going around that talk about Kino splitting up.
But fortunately this isn't the case.

Because John Mitchell won't register to this website (yet(?)) I can quote him from the Kino forum:

Quote from: John Mitchell, Kinomusic.comYeah, can everyone stop speculating please!

We ARE doing Calprog and we ARE doing a CRS Christmas gig. Martin very kindly invited us back recently and it seems like a nice way to end the year!

Pete is very busy writing with Marillion at the moment and JB and myself have been doing a bit of writing.

And that's all I can really report right now.

John xxx

The fact that he and John Beck are writing is... just... well... ehh... good!
Nothing to worry about!

(Why am I posting this...)

The Voyager

Kino isn't prog. It's rather usual AOR stuff. IMO.

maddox

Quote from: The Voyager on Sun, 2006-04-30, 08:00:58

Maybe it isn't, though i think it's prog-lite  ;), but that isn't the question here. Kino is Arena related and if we discuss projects of John JoWit for instance, it's only fair and obvious that we do the same thing with John Mitchel.

Beside that, i personaly think that Kino makes great music.  :)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: The Voyager on Sun, 2006-04-30, 08:00:58

Well, I think they're progressive somehow. Progressive PopRock if you wish! ;D

It's my favourite of 2005.
But I'm glad they're making a second album!

The Voyager

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-04-30, 14:41:19
Well, I think they're progressive somehow. Progressive PopRock if you wish! ;D

Try to read some information at Progressive Ears website. I have doubt that guys will make one more studio release.  :(

PH

Quote from: The Voyager on Sun, 2006-04-30, 15:01:38
Try to read some information at Progressive Ears website. I have doubt that guys will make one more studio release.  :(

I've read the things on Progressive Ears, but I'm not sure.
John Mitchell tells us he's writing with John Beck now. And if he does what he says, he'll be writing with John Beck now.

Advise from me: just wait and see. ;D

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-04-30, 15:54:12
I've read the things on Progressive Ears, but I'm not sure.
John Mitchell tells us he's writing with John Beck now. And if he does what he says, he'll be writing with John Beck now.

Advise from me: just wait and see. ;D

I personally think that that's a good advice.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Voyager

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-04-30, 15:54:12

just wait and see. ;D

Time will show what we don't know.  ;)

johninblack

Wait and see...Good advice PH

As far as I am concerned you have a post on the Kino forum (as PH's post above) indicating that they are not splitting up, there is also on the same forum a post from Martin Hudson saying-

QuoteKino/ CRS Christmas Party
Kino plus Touchstone
Oakwood Centre, Rotherham
Saturday 2nd December 2006
Tickets will be on sale next week.
£15 to non CRS members and £12 to members
01709 702575
Come on get behind the guys and give yourself an early Christmas present!
Thanks for all the constructive comments. All taken on board!

The only problem with the Kino board is anyone can post any comment they like useing ANY name they choose. I however belive these  to be genuine.

This from progessive ears -

QuoteThis is what Lee from Galahad posted just 2 days ago on the Spocks Beard boards:

"Mike, just to say, I noticed a few people on the Kino forum are doubting your "source" (who-ever that may be? ), but it still doesn't change the fact that I heard it from John M himself - Kino are splitting after Calprog.

Shit, he has also said as much on that fourm (we will goout with a bang at Calprog!) but they all seem to be in denial over there!

Galahad were offered the support for that Christmas gig they are talking about and I asked John if that would be OK for us to support them and he said "Sorry mate, but Kino aren't doing anymore gigs"

So someone is spouting bollocks.

Just hope Kino don't split.

PH

Ahh good one Johninblack!

Wether they split or not, I just hope they come to the Netherlands at least once more.

Cyborg-Frask

Hmmmm It would really shock me if they would split up....

They have just released 1.5 albums... ;) (2nd one aint really an album)
It would be very soon to split afther just that...

But all these rumours concern me tho... and of course the fact that they wanted to have selled more CD's by now also concerns me...

but indeed time will tell the true story

Crownie

Quote:Just hope Kino don't split.

Saw Kino play for Martin Hudson's CRS and they were brilliant.  Earlier comments reference another gig.  This has been posted to the latest CRS magazine.  I will be there, in Rotherham UK, on 2nd December.  I shall treat it as an early Christmas prezzie.

PH

Well, I hope we're through the whole splitting up rumour now.

Something else.

On my keyboard I was trying to play the tenth track of the CD; Picture.
It isn't really that hard but when the "Mighty arcs of sound" comes in I get confused, how am I suposed to play that?
Can any musician with good ears set it on paper? I need a piano tab now...

PH

First problem (see post above) is solved. Can play it now! ;D But I need three hands... :D

Ok next problem:

I need the lyrics for the Cutting Room Floor songs. I can't hear what is being said, maybe someone else can.
It's about these songs:
- Throw It Away (demo)
- All You See (demo)
- Won't Fall Down (demo)
- Say You Will (demo)
- Parade

Note: the lyrics of the demo version of All You See isn't the same as on the album version.

Unicorn

Could somebody tell me what album of Kino I should check out first?
Is it AOR stylewise? Or softprog?

johninblack

Quote from: Unicorn on Wed, 2006-10-18, 23:54:30
Could somebody tell me what album of Kino I should check out first?
Is it AOR stylewise? Or softprog?

Picture - it is a fantastic album, I guess you would call it Prog/Rock/ with the odd Pop infuence.