News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Professor King Chronicles

Started by erik, Sun, 2018-05-13, 16:59:44

Previous topic - Next topic

erik

Ambitious as always, Clive intends to turn his musicals Alchemy and King's Ransom into movies! A new website has been launched for this new project, The Professor King Chronicles: https://www.professorkingchronicles.com. You can support this project by investing, with an amount that fits your purse.

QuoteClive: "At the end of last year, I signed a major contract with a film production company, with a view to turning both 'Alchemy' and 'King's Ransom' into full theatrical-release feature films.

This is a very exciting development in the ongoing journey of these musicals. As with any film project it is now all about raising the budget. Since both stories share some characters and locations, we plan to shoot the movies back to back. This will dramatically lower the overall production cost.

This is not a fundraising exercise where people very kindly donate money. This is a significant investment opportunity in a large-scale project, with a real chance of making a profit.

We already have many extremely talented cast members, but we will also be recruiting named actors, singers and musical theatre stars to give the films solid commercial appeal. Naturally our budget level is a determining factor in which stars we can attract.

We have produced a detailed investment prospectus available to anyone interested in joining us. Simply private message me and I'll send you the information.

As a taster, here is a SHORT VIDEO outlining our plans.

Is this an ambitious plan? Certainly.
But it is costed, realistic and achievable. Why not join us and become part of something truly special?"

And meanwhile Clive has also been doing writing in the tourbus on another musical, Dark Fables, he revealed in a Facebook post. It is an idea that already exists for some time. This one will be outside the Professor King universe and will adapt exisiting material from Clive's career (i.e. Shadowland, Arena etc) into a musical.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

PH

Cool! I'll definitely look into that!

I also remember that Clive has written a novel some time ago. I was wondering whether anything has come out of that already? Last I heard is that everything was written and that he was looking for a deal, a company to put it out, or something.

erik

I haven't heard any news/updates about the novel, I think that is still the status. The title is "Mephisto Bridge" and I think the description was "a detective story with a supernatural twist". Interesting to note is that the new musical after Alchemy was initially announced by Clive as Mephisto Bridge, with the tagline "Some bonds can never be broken". I don't know if that was a working title that morphed into King's Ransom, or a whole different idea/story (based on the novel?) that was shelved and replaced by the King's Ransom idea. And then there's the Shadowland song with the same title of course..
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..