News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

2008-04-04 Arena @ CC De Mortel, Ittervoort, Netherlands

Started by erik, Mon, 2007-09-24, 16:41:13

Previous topic - Next topic

erik

On the 4th of April 2008, Arena will give an exclusive concert at CC de Mortel in Ittervoort, NL, between Weert en Roermond, near Münchengladbach (DE), Aachen (DE), Maaseik (BE) and Hasselt (BE).

More info at www.fanfareconcordia.nl/arena.html (in Dutch) or mail to rockittervoort (at) yahoo.com
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Nicky007

Would be great to be there. I've never been at an Arena concert. They'd prob also have stuff from their coming album. Also an opportunity to meet some roomies.

How about bed and breakfast? (Roomies need their rooms.)

Are Arena taking The Butterfly Man, and all their lions and vampires along? Because if so, I might prefer to take a night train somewhere else  ;D

Rob could scare me too if he popped through the window in the dark of night   :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

JJ II

QuoteThey'd prob also have stuff from their coming album.

I really, really would hope so, even if it would be just an acoustic version, but I think it would draw a bigger crowd if people would know that some (2,3) new songs were played. IQ always does this and I think it's an extra treat for the fans.

Nicky007

JJ, I think that love of Arena music is very much an either/or thing. There are some thousands of true fans worldwide (mainly in Britain and Netherlands, it seems) for whom Arena make their day, as Jeff put it, and then there are the many people who haven't yet discovered how fabulous Arena are. It takes some effort, obviously. However, once the Arena bug hits you, you go full hog.

Coming to the point now: I think that the true fans, as I call them, will go to an Arena gathering no matter what, even if Clive spent an hour expounding Hegel's Dialectics, the only hindrances being practical, i.e. distance to gig, finances, family etc.

Of course, one could consider doing something special for roomies and/or members of the coming fan club .........

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2007-09-25, 08:07:54
hmmm, 400km trip... we'll see :)
Well... how about a car pool ("Fahrgemeinschaft")?  :)

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

wagner

La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

cabo

We want setlists,images,  merchandise pics etc.  *horns*

bluepony

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2008-04-04, 20:03:40
Hope you guys have lot's of fun!

(And miss me ;D)

We did ;D - and we did!
Where were you?!

Quote from: wagner on Sat, 2008-04-05, 08:39:19
How was the concert last night.... any news???
It was GREAT!!  *horns*
Thanks to Arena for the great gig, and thanks to Domien for organising the whole thing - and very special thanks to him for saving me from starvation!  :-*

bluepony

Quote from: cabo on Sat, 2008-04-05, 09:08:33
We want setlists,images,  merchandise pics etc.  *horns*
Er... setlist... well, I hope JJ can help me out with this... maybe if we throw our brains together... ;)

I remember "Welcome To The Cage", "Double Vision" and "Midas Vision", as well as "Don't Forget To Breathe" and "The Hanging Tree"; then there was "Witch Hunt", "This Way Madness Lies", "Riding The Tide", "Skin Game", "Friday's Dream", "Moviedrome", one of the very last performances of "Solomon", "Bedlam Fayre", "Smoke And Mirrors" and the 'inevitable' "Crying For Help"-encore... did I forget something?! (And did I get the order right? Certainly not!)

I'm also hoping to receive some pics. As soon as I get them, I'll post them here.
(Note to self: D'oh! Goldfish... Must remember to take camera to the next gig!!)

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Sun, 2008-04-06, 16:21:40
Er... setlist... well, I hope JJ can help me out with this...

Typical woman  ::)

You know, Bluey, JJ has already helped you out with this. He has posted a full setlist in chronological order (and not a "I think, maybe" setlist)  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

Quote from: bluepony on Sun, 2008-04-06, 16:21:40
(Note to self: D'oh! Goldfish... Must remember to take camera to the next gig!!)
If you drive past Enschede, I'll bring my camera

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sun, 2008-04-06, 21:33:24If you drive past Enschede, I'll bring my camera

And make a stop at Amersfoort to pick me (and my camera) up!

:D

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-04-06, 17:47:55
Typical woman  ::)

You know, Bluey, JJ has already helped you out with this. He has posted a full setlist in chronological order (and not a "I think, maybe" setlist)  ;D

Nicky.
:P

bluepony

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sun, 2008-04-06, 21:33:24
If you drive past Enschede, I'll bring my camera
Sure... that would mean another - don't know - 50 km? I'm not a bus company! ::)  ;)

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2008-04-06, 23:14:07
And make a stop at Amersfoort to pick me (and my camera) up!

:D

-Paco
Well, as my car is a two-seater, that could get a bit uncomfortable, Paco! (Unless you're smaller than 1.50 m or would like to squeeze yourself into the trunk.)

And before Nicky reminds me - yes, I know that there's something like multi-quoting, but I'm too tired right now and just can't be bothered with that!

Appelmoes??

Pft! I took Nicky 3 months before he mastered tha skillz of multi quoting ;D

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-07-13, 15:54:43
You guyz are soooooo fanny  ;D

Nicky.
Like your new 'accent', Nicky - where d'you get it? Or did you turn black?!  :o