News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Newbie question: Which album should I buy first?

Started by Biscuit, Fri, 2007-01-05, 16:07:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Biscuit

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2007-01-29, 15:52:20
Edits?

Nah, it's nothing special. If you wanna hear the Edits, just buy Pride.
Seriously.

OK, thanks.  :)

erik

Quote from: Biscuit on Sat, 2007-01-13, 20:41:35
Is the Max likely to be released?

Errr... Yes. Someday.  ;D

Quote from: Biscuit on Sat, 2007-01-13, 20:41:35
Once my EPs arrive, will I be able to see the correct (full Max) track listing from the sleeve notes? I read somewhere that to see the details, you need to run the CD in a computer?  :P Following a terrible experience with a Sony music CD where I had to reformat my pc, I have never put an audio CD in my computer since (& never again bought anything from Sony).  :-\

I wrote down the so-called 'master tracklist' for the Cage magazine and site, so here it goes:

Witch Hunt
An Angel Falls
Painted Man
On The Edge Of Despair
Vanishing Act
The Hour Glass
This Way Madness Lies
Spectre At The Feast
Never Ending Night
Skin Game
March Of Time
Salamander
On The Box
Contagious
Tsunami
Bitter Harvest
The City Of Lanterns
Riding The Tide
Mea Culpa
I Spy
Confrontation
Cutting The Cards
Ascension
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Herben

Pride is much better than Edits,
Maybe the singalong song, is interesting for to sing yourself. Join the Arena idols
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

BRUNILLION

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2007-01-12, 18:15:12
I made my own Contagion Max by putting the songs in the right order. You can find the correct order on one of the two disc's when you put it in your pc. My advice is to buy those two aswell to fully appreciate Contagion.

Can you post the correct order?

thanx

Brunillion

BRUNILLION

ok.. my .02 worth:

the first Arena album I listened to was The Visitor... and I absolutly loved it! but it has a Marillionish sound to it, so according to your original post, that's not what you want. Maybe the best way to get to know a band its to go in order from their roots so that you can sense their evolution.

Biscuit

Quote from: BRUNILLION on Mon, 2007-04-09, 18:05:33
ok.. my .02 worth:

the first Arena album I listened to was The Visitor... and I absolutly loved it! but it has a Marillionish sound to it, so according to your original post, that's not what you want. Maybe the best way to get to know a band its to go in order from their roots so that you can sense their evolution.

Thanks, I now have every album, except for Edits.

Herben

In fact what I do, I buy the worst album and then when I don't like it I don't care for the rest as well, You know the worst album is always very cheap....
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Nicky007

If Lion's Cage or Pride had been my first acquaintance with Arena, I probably wouldn't have gone on, and I'd have been real unlucky being oblivious to the fantastic Arena World.

Hardly anybody in Denmark knows Arena, and I only got to know them through foreign friends.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-07-11, 00:08:42
If Lion's Cage or Pride had been my first acquaintance with Arena, I probably wouldn't have gone on, and I'd have been real unlucky being oblivious to the fantastic Arena World.

If Lion's Cage or Pride  never existed i would never know Arena at all.  :o

I actually bought Lion's Cage because of the black sticker on it saying it was the band of Clive Nolan and a relatively unknown dude called Mick Pointer.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Smegal

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-01-13, 19:37:42
Whoops... except for me... I still don't have Contagion and the EP's legally...

Oi PH   

MAYBE IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU ACTUALLY BOUGHT ARENA MUSIC LEGIT THEY MAY BE ABLE TO TOUR MORE OFTEN!!!

EVER THOUGHT OF THAT?

no affence and all

Smeagal the Merch
MY PRECIOUS

PH

Hey Smegal!

Take a look at my listenings profile! ;)

When The Max is released I'll buy it the day it comes out!
Promise!

Nicky007

You'll be waiting a looooooong time, PH. Doesn't look like anybody's doing anything in that direction.

I made my own Max using the three albums. I got it just under 80 minutes leaving out two songs that I didn't like that much.

By the way, there are even hotter renditions of Witch Hunt and other Contagion pieces on Live And Life.

PH, how can you survive without Contagion? Beats me.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-07-18, 10:42:12You'll be waiting a looooooong time, PH. Doesn't look like anybody's doing anything in that direction.

I made my own Max using the three albums. I got it just under 80 minutes leaving out two songs that I didn't like that much.
Which two songs?

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-07-18, 10:42:12PH, how can you survive without Contagion? Beats me.
Having them as MP3s on my harddisk, I'll survive. The problem is, I want to buy the album, but actually I'd prefer The Max instead of three seperate discs. Something in me says "Wait" and then something else in me says "It will take ages, buy the three discs".
But after buying the three discs The Max will be released and I'll have to buy it again, leaving me with two times the exactly the same music.
I'm not really that much of a collector...

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2007-07-18, 11:26:39
Which two songs?

You make your choice, kiddo. I aint your psychologist.  ;D

> Having them as MP3s on my harddisk, I'll survive.

I'll tattle to Clive, PH.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2007-07-18, 11:26:39
Which two songs?
The remixes?

I just made a double album, so I have all the songs on it. Sicne it's story, I don't like skipping songs, even if I don't like em to much. I will skip the remixes though :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-07-18, 11:37:35You make your choice, kiddo. I aint your psychologist.  ;D
I was asking which ones you left out smartass...

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2007-07-18, 12:34:23
I was asking which ones you left out smartass...

Hey, you young marsh monsters have learnt some English words that you shouldn't have.  ;D

I had to keep the compilation under 80 min to get it onto one CD. So I had to make some unpleasant choices. I don't want to insult the Arena guys, so I wont tell you which songs I left out.

I listen to a lot of different music, some of it whacks my brains pretty badly, so every so often I put on my Contagion Max for pure enjoyment and recreation. Not the worst choice, huh?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can