News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

bluepony

'Songs From The Sparkle Lounge' by Def Leppard and Nightwish's 'Dark Passion Play' (special edition with DVD).

I didn't get a chance to listen to Lep, but Nightwish rock!  *horns*

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Steve Jones

Threshold - Critical Energy DVD/CD set.

Only my 4th Threshold purchase.  I'll try to do better in the future.  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Bupie

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2008-07-04, 10:09:57

Hmm, Steve, could you tell us how many CDs you own approximatively ? No, wait, it's probably better if you don't tell me ...  :'(

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2008-07-04, 10:09:57
Threshold - Critical Energy DVD/CD set.

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2008-07-04, 10:46:20
Hmm, Steve, could you tell us how many CDs you own approximatively ? No, wait, it's probably better if you don't tell me ...  :'(

I know I said this before but I'm really amazed by the amount of cd's/dvd's you buy every week Steve!! :o

Tom

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Iggy

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2008-07-04, 11:00:25
I know I said this before but I'm really amazed by the amount of cd's/dvd's you buy every week Steve!! :o

Tom

maybe cd's are the only items that are cheaper in the UK.

As Steve said earlier there are loads of CD's that we can pick up for 4 or 5 pounds and trust me 4 or 5 pounds isn't worth much over here can't buy 20 cigs or a gallon of petrol

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2008-07-04, 10:46:20

Not enough!*

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2008-07-04, 11:00:25

Well, you're only on this planet once* so I reckon you should make the most of it.

* My other half, if asked, may give a slightly different answer.  This should be discounted.
* Although I do try to keep an open mind on the subject of reincarnation.  There's always a chance I might get to come back as Kate Beckinsale's bicycle seat.
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Fish 13th Star has just arrived.

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2008-07-04, 12:19:57
There's always a chance I might get to come back as Kate Beckinsale's bicycle seat.

You'd be in diapers when she's a granny, so I think you'd regret it, Steve.

Btw what's so special bout her ?  Never saw a movie with her. Are they any good (the movies, Bups) ?  Just curious  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-07-04, 13:31:22
Btw what's so special bout her ?

Nothing really, although I did like her outfit in Van Helsing.*

Never saw a movie with her.

Keep it that way.  She fidgets and talks all the way through - I much prefer to go on my own.  ;)

Are they any good (the movies, Bups) ?

Nothing must-have that I can think of.  I found Van Helsing decidedly average.

* I've been trying to get one in my size ever since.
Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Btw what's so special bout her ?  Never saw a movie with her. Are they any good (the movies, Bups) ?  Just curious  :D

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2008-07-04, 13:40:13Nothing must-have that I can think of.  I found Van Helsing decidedly average.

She is the most beautiful vampire I've ever seen. I love her but I think that every heterosexual male who has seen Underworld loves her too !

I enjoyed both Underworld I & II but to be honest, if Celine Dion had played Kate's role, I don't think I would have watched till the end  ;D  The very beginning of Underworld II is very well made, though.

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2008-07-04, 15:30:10
I enjoyed both Underworld I & II but to be honest, if Celine Dion had played Kate's role, I don't think I would have watched till the end  ;D  The very beginning of Underworld II is very well made, though.

There are a lot of suggestive insinuations there, Bups   ;D

She is the most beautiful vampire I've ever seen. I love her ...

Watch out when you kiss her, Bupsie  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

She is the most beautiful vampire I've ever seen. I love her but I think that every heterosexual male who has seen Underworld loves her too !

Celine playing Selene would have been just toooooo confusing.  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-07-04, 15:37:11
Watch out when you kiss her, Bupsie  ;D

He'd be lucky to catch a glimpse of her bupsie, yet alone kiss it!  :P
Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-07-04, 15:37:11
There are a lot of suggestive insinuations there, Bups   ;D

Ok, from now I will replace Wicky Nicky by Dirty Nicky, it suits you better  ;D

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2008-07-04, 15:43:01
Celine playing Selene would have been just toooooo confusing.  ;)

:D

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2008-07-04, 16:06:45
He'd be lucky to catch a glimpse of her bupsie, yet alone kiss it!  :P

As a good citizen, I am used to give my blood for the community. In this special case, I am OK to give up to 5 liters ... as long as she takes it slowly.

Iggy

Gillan Glory Road and Future Shock.

I've been waiting for these for a while. I saw Gillan several times with the amazing Bernie Torme on guitar and Colin Towns on keyboards.

Thank god I'm back at work on Monday it might curtail my spending for a while.   :o

(can't believe I said that)

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Just in from progrock.co.uk:

Tinyfish - Tinyfish
Sylvan - Encounters
Beardfish - The Sane Day

And a couple of 'under three quid DVDs' from Amazon:
Do Not Adjust Your Set
Judge Dredd

I'm looking forward to seeing 'Do Not Adjust Your Set' again as it's a comedy series I recall watching as a child in the 1960s.  Featuring an all-star cast (before they were all stars) it'll be interesting to see if it makes me laugh now I'm pushing fifty!  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2008-07-12, 10:26:01
Just in from progrock.co.uk:

Tinyfish - Tinyfish
Sylvan - Encounters
Beardfish - The Sane Day

And a couple of 'under three quid DVDs' from Amazon:
Do Not Adjust Your Set
Judge Dredd

I'm looking forward to seeing 'Do Not Adjust Your Set' again as it's a comedy series I recall watching as a child in the 1960s.  Featuring an all-star cast (before they were all stars) it'll be interesting to see if it makes me laugh now I'm pushing fifty!  8)

I will be interested to know as well.

As you say the cast was unbelievable.

Nicky007

Got a good bargain at Malmö SH again:

Caamora She   *horns* *horns* *horns*
Queens Of The Stone Age:  Rated R  (one of my fave groups)  (Tom  8) )
Mike Oldfield:  Five Miles Out  (one of my faves 25 years ago, Mount Teidi swept me away, let's see what it does today)
Magnum:  On A Storyteller's Night  (to stay friends with Deenie  ;D  no, actually looking forward to delve into it)   *horns*

and got a few pennies for my three Dragonforce cd's  ::)  (superficial showmanship), Secret Sphere (spaghetti thrash that didnt do it for me), and Coldplay X&Y (sooo uninspired).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

I bought the Genesis - When In Rome DVD today. My first ever Genesis purchase. That's one I look forward to watch tomorrow! 8)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-07-12, 12:50:08
Queens Of The Stone Age:  Rated R  (one of my fave groups)  (Tom  8) )

*horns*

Tom

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2008-07-12, 11:14:36
I will be interested to know as well.
As you say the cast was unbelievable.

Well, it shows it's age in that it's in black and white and has production values from the dawn of television.  It was a show aimed at children, although some of the stuff is clearly above such heads.  It's not Monty Python.  But...

There's an awful lot of Python in there and enough good sketches to make it a worthwhile purchase.  Palin/Idle/Jones already have all the mannerisms and methods we knew later in Python.  I've watched all of disc one and, although I've not laughed out loud in a 'ranks as high as any in Rome' kind of way, I've grinned a lot.  One sketch that would have worked very well in Python concerns the French contingent visiting the British to see 'how are you getting on with Concorde?'  Reply, in a vey Python voice, was 'HMS Concorde, yes..." - turned out the brits had got the deck-chairs done so far.  :)

For any fan of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah band, who do a number in each episode and appear in sketches as well, the asking price of 2.97 UK pounds for Do Not Adjust Your Set will probably be a no-brainer. 8)

But don't hang about...
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2008-07-13, 09:17:09
Well, it shows it's age in that it's in black and white and has production values from the dawn of television.  It was a show aimed at children, although some of the stuff is clearly above such heads.  It's not Monty Python.  But...

There's an awful lot of Python in there and enough good sketches to make it a worthwhile purchase.  Palin/Idle/Jones already have all the mannerisms and methods we knew later in Python.  I've watched all of disc one and, although I've not laughed out loud in a 'ranks as high as any in Rome' kind of way, I've grinned a lot.  One sketch that would have worked very well in Python concerns the French contingent visiting the British to see 'how are you getting on with Concorde?'  Reply, in a vey Python voice, was 'HMS Concorde, yes..." - turned out the brits had got the deck-chairs done so far.  :)

For any fan of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah band, who do a number in each episode and appear in sketches as well, the asking price of 2.97 UK pounds for Do Not Adjust Your Set will probably be a no-brainer. 8)

But don't hang about...

Ah if it's got the bonzo's in it's a must.

Hooray more stuff on the way.   :D

The Butterfly Man

Today I bought:

- Riverside - Schizophrenic Prayer (Single)
- Sieges Even - Paramount

Especially Paramount is excellent!

Tom