News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-08-26, 14:03:43
I went to Kleve, Germany last Friday and that was not good for my bank account.  :-\

On the way to Kleve we were spotted by a strange vehicle in the verge of the road and suddenly we saw a familiar flash through the window screen ( ::) >:().
When we arrived in Kleve we discovered that a lot had changed since the last time we visited the place. The parking place was very unknown to us ( yes, it's been a long time since we've been there ).

Went to a shop called Saturn which is actually almost the same as the Media-markt over here in Holland so i had a great time there ( ;D):

Bought:

Knight Area - Under A New Sign
Circus Maximus - Isolate
Queensryche - Mindcrime At The Moore
Kaipa - Angling Feelings

We had a delicious dinner over there with a Jagerschnitzel for my wife and daughter (the meat is so big, a whole kindergarden could eat from it) and a Schnitzel Phantasia for me.  ;D

But...

ehm...

On our way back, just before we would cross the border...

I had a flat tyre. Result: €150,- for two new tyres.  :-\

Overall...It was quite expensive.  :'(

But nevertheless fun.  :D

First off, Mediamarkt is also a German shop.
Second, where is the Saturn in Kleve?
Third, InsideOut (the distribution of prog in Europe) is in Kleve, have you seen it? I've seen the old building there, couldn't find the new one. ;)

I go to Kleve very often actually. It's a very nice city.

Oh, and Angling Feelings is wonderful!

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2007-08-26, 23:49:41
First off, Mediamarkt is also a German shop.

I know.  ;)

Quote from: PHSecond, where is the Saturn in Kleve?

When you go up to the main street (pass Woolworth on the left and a bit further the big kaufhaus on the right) you find a fountain. Just behind the fountain across the street there is a big new shopping mall where you find Saturn. It's on the second floor.  ;)

Quote from: PHThird, InsideOut (the distribution of prog in Europe) is in Kleve, have you seen it? I've seen the old building there, couldn't find the new one. ;)

No, i haven't. Thought about going to search for it but since i wasn't alone and we were getting pretty hungry i decided not to.
Maybe next time.

Quote from: PHI go to Kleve very often actually. It's a very nice city.

It indeed is.

Quote from: PHOh, and Angling Feelings is wonderful!

You're absolutely right.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2007-08-26, 23:49:41

Second, where is the Saturn in Kleve?

Hmmm...

QuoteI go to Kleve very often actually. It's a very nice city.

Which reminds me PH, why ask this question if you are a regular visitor of Kleve? You must have known then.  ;)

PH

Wow that took a while before it landed. ;) :D

Well let's clear that up.
I was in Koblenz two weeks ago and saw a Saturn shop there. But first I thought it was a shop for only washing machines and such, but when I got in I saw it was like Mediamarkt.
I didn't know the Saturn was in Kleve because I wasn't aware of it being the shop that it is. I must have came across it, but didn't take notion of it at that time.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2007-08-27, 20:42:52
Wow that took a while before it landed. ;) :D

Not as long as you think.  ;)

maddox

Just ordered the pre-order of the first season, and no it has nothing to do with music whatsoever  ;D, of Heroes.  8)

CompanyCroydon

Just ordered, (don't tell the wife), Fish 13th Star, Manning Ansers Tree, Two tickets for Fish at The Brook, CRS Membership, Hokum Cd, Two Alex  Body cd's, Around £115, Thats all my spending gone in one day , for the month  ;D

maddox

I ordered this beauty:

and this one:

*horns* *horns* *horns*

Nicky007

How about if you invite us all over for a DT-fest some fine day, Maddox?

I'd even teach you some English spelling then  ;D

I'll take the bus from the station to your place, with all your speeding tickets :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

mdread666

Recent purchases include:-
Draconian - Where Lovers Mourn
Heaven and Hell - Live at the Radio City Music Hall
As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us
Amorphis - Silent Waters

In post:-
Iced Earth - Framing Armageddon

On order:-
Fish - 13th Star
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

To order
Him - Venus Doom
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

bluepony

Quote from: mdread666 on Tue, 2007-09-11, 10:24:51
Him - Venus Doom
Uuuhhh, Ville and his guys - that's certainly worth checking out!  :)

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-09-11, 09:55:27
How about if you invite us all over for a DT-fest some fine day, Maddox?

Good idea!  :)

Unfortunately it stays with a good idea.  ;D

CompanyCroydon

Fish 13th Star, A cracking album, Now on it's second play, Believe the Hype ;D

Fish is for life!

Teunis

John Wetton & Geoffrey Downes - Icon II (Rubicon)

With John Mitchell on lead guitar  *horns* 8)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Recently ordered: Fish - 13th Star & The Flower Kings - Sum Of No Evil special edition.

What a year!  :D

funkster

Received today from Amazon

Savatage - hall of the mountain king
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
Porcupine tree - Signify

A bit of metal and a bit of prog - lovely  :D

bellanova

Rubicon isnt bad at all.

I recently got Solar (Robs project) The Mitchell influence on that is so apparent. Some of the guitar parts are reminiscent of Neon and Glitter by The Urbane!!!

PH

Quote from: bellanova on Tue, 2007-09-18, 16:34:55
Rubicon isnt bad at all.

I recently got Solar (Robs project) The Mitchell influence on that is so apparent. Some of the guitar parts are reminiscent of Neon and Glitter by The Urbane!!!

Yeah, Solar is a very nice band. But unfortunately it's all there is, and I'm hopelessly waiting for some more of Robert Sebastian, but probably he's too busy with his family, which is a good excuse!

-Paco

CompanyCroydon

Just Ordered, MANNING The Ragged Curtain and The View From My Window, I will slowly get the back catalogue, That's now Three down and one Ordered...lol,  ;D

PH

Today I bought the following:

- Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte (2005 Remaster)
- Marillion - Script From A Jester's Tear (24 bit digitally remaster 2 CD)
- Spock's Beard - V

Wonderful!

-Paco

maddox

Just ordered: Sieges Even - Paramount

Have i mentioned the fact that this is a very expensive prog year?  :'(  :D ;D  *horns* *horns* *horns*

mdread666

Credo - Rhetoric (excellent stuff)
Neo - Broadcast (again excellent, although not that keen on stuff by IQ !)

Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle - special edition (thought I'd try them out - never heard anything by them before - perhaps it's just me but I find this rather silly - I couldn't even make it to the end of disc 1 let alone try out disc 2 - this'll be heading onto ebay soon !!)

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play - (just dropped through letter box - will listen to shortly - currently playing Credo again !)
mdread666

erik

Quote from: mdread666 on Mon, 2007-10-01, 10:59:17
Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle - special edition (thought I'd try them out - never heard anything by them before - perhaps it's just me but I find this rather silly - I couldn't even make it to the end of disc 1 let alone try out disc 2 - this'll be heading onto ebay soon !!)
:o  ??? Best Dutch prog album in my opinion. But everyone's a critic of course! Doesn't sound like there's any chance of convincing you of the merits of this album, too bad! :-\
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

mdread666

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2007-10-01, 11:38:14
:o  ??? Best Dutch prog album in my opinion.

Really !?!? - Well I must be missing something as it just didn't do it for me !

Perhaps it's just a case that it really wasn't what I was expecting to hear - try as we might to listen to something new with a completely open mind, I think we all have preconceived ideas of what we expect or hope to hear and that makes the impact of falling short of those expectations even harder.

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2007-10-01, 11:38:14
Doesn't sound like there's any chance of convincing you of the merits of this album, too bad! :-\

Now I know what it's like perhaps I'll give it another try in a couple of days - just can't stop playing Credo at the moment though  :)
mdread666

erik

Quote from: mdread666 on Mon, 2007-10-01, 11:50:51
Perhaps it's just a case that it really wasn't what I was expecting to hear - try as we might to listen to something new with a completely open mind, I think we all have preconceived ideas of what we expect or hope to hear and that makes the impact of falling short of those expectations even harder.
Agree with you on that, especially impossible with bands/artists you really like and that have done great albums.

QuoteNow I know what it's like perhaps I'll give it another try in a couple of days - just can't stop playing Credo at the moment though  :)
Ok, let us know if you happen to change your mind! ;)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..