News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third

A nice addition to my collection, really. Very laid back, still quite complex, superb Music, Vocals, Arrangement and production.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

willowroolz

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2006-05-03, 16:09:58
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third

A nice addition to my collection, really. Very laid back, still quite complex, superb Music, Vocals, Arrangement and production.
I'm glad you like it, Peter  ;D

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-05-02, 17:44:15
Good choice!
It's one of the best CDs in my personal CD-collection.
And (I think) it's the best DT album so far.

I'll agree with that.

I still have a major soft spot for Images And Words, though... :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

PH

Today I bought Testimony (Special Edition) and Testimony Live DVD.
But I have a problem... The first disc of Testimony Live is corrupt... It doesn't play.
The second disc has no problems by the way.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-05-03, 15:49:57
So maybe you can give me a 'where-to-start' for Pink Floyd? My dad had their whole discography once.
He gave them to my uncle a lot of years ago but much to his regret now. My uncle gave my dad a DVD full of Pink Floyd's discography in mp3 (two weeks ago), so he was very thankful. And so am I. Well, that is, if YOU can tell me which album to listen to and which can be unlistened.

I think your father would perfectly know where to start but i'll give you some 'advices' anyway:

The Wall, The Final Cut, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side Of The Moon and Animals for instance. Note that these albums are the Waters-era albums. After 1983 when Roger Waters left the group, David Gilmour became the 'frontman' and i remember an interview in which Nick Mason ( the drummer ) explained that that was a role that didn't suited him, sadly enough. That explains why after Roger Waters' ehm...departure Pink Floyd only released two (!) studio albums in almost 12 years! :o :'(
These albums are probably the best they've ever done.
There's also a Syd Barret-era, but these albums, no mather how good they were, had nothing to do with the albums they released after that. But that is something a true PF fan wouldn't care.  8)

Quote from: PHLOL, you'd almost forgot. ;)

Now playing... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!! You almost got me there mate! This ain't the Now Playing Thread! :D :D :D

Nooooo indeed.
This is the what did you buy topic!
Yessss.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ps. why would someone give the entire collection of Pink Floyd away? Was he in need of some money?  ??? ???

pps. Sorry for the late respons.  :-[
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Cyborg-Frask

Yesterday i bought the dual disk version of Stream Of Passion - Embrace the Storm.. I'm REALLY happy with it.  *horns*

One thing that did suprise me (in a good way of course) was that the CD and the DVD are on one (dual) disk.
One side has the DVD written on it and the other side is a CD....man technology is improving  :P

bellanova

My latest dvd purchase was Greg Lake in Concert. The concert footage was filmed in November at a gig i was at. Excellent evening! Last cd was Foreigner-The definative.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2006-05-06, 20:52:23Ps. why would someone give the entire collection of Pink Floyd away? Was he in need of some money?  ??? ???

Well, no. He gave it away, he didn't sell it. I think it maybe had something to do with religion. I'm not sure though. Almost every christian comes to a certain point in life where he/she critisizes him-/herself. Maybe he could have thought it was 'bad music', you know.
I mean, I had something like that with playing GTA. GTA is that racing game with a lot of bad things in it. Theft of course, but also abusive talk, sextalk, swearing, murdering. Etc etc. Also getting points for running over some people.

I just had to quit that, I think it's not a good game. It's a decision I made. I also don't play WarCraft anymore. With the demons and curses and undeads and everything, you know. Sometimes it's hard, 'cause the idea behind the games are often very cool. I love driving in a car and seeing the car from birdsview. I also loved the fantasy game and the forests and elven and the orcs were funny. Not to mention the beautiful cutscenes of WarCraft.

Ahem... a whole story up here... ::)
I hope you respect my point of view.

Sooooo to get back to where I started:
My dad gave away those CD's (LP's) because he thought it may collide with his faith. But that's not always the case. Now he's enjoying it again.

BACK ON TOPIC: Does someone here have the Testimony Live DVD (Neal Morse)? If so, did you have problems with it? :(
I already saw the second disc with the tour documentary, which was great. I hope the first disc is great too, I'll see for myself as soon as it gets Tuesday. :P

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-05-07, 18:46:43
[...]Ahem... a whole story up here... ::)
I hope you respect my point of view.

I most certainly do. I can understand both you and your father. It's a brave thing to do and a shows the strength of your character. At least, that's my opinion.  ;)

<<<ps- how wicked.  ;D

PH

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2006-05-06, 18:01:03Today I bought Testimony (Special Edition) and Testimony Live DVD.
But I have a problem... The first disc of Testimony Live is corrupt... It doesn't play.
The second disc has no problems by the way.

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-05-07, 18:46:43Does someone here have the Testimony Live DVD (Neal Morse)? If so, did you have problems with it? :(
I already saw the second disc with the tour documentary, which was great. I hope the first disc is great too, I'll see for myself as soon as it gets Tuesday. :P

Well... Today I got another copy of the Neal Morse DVD. And guess what? Exactly the same problem. I can't believe it... WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?! Is there anyone out there who also had the Neal Morse DVD?
Man, I'm not in a good mood today... >:(

Appelmoes??

Wrong Region or something like that?
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2006-05-09, 22:06:43
Wrong Region or something like that?

Yeah, in that case the second disc won't work either. but that's not the case.
By the way, the packaging says "region free". And it's PAL (which is Europe if I'm not mistaken).
The fact is that the second disc works and the first disc doesn't. So something else is happening here...

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-05-07, 18:46:43
...Maybe he could have thought it was 'bad music', you know.

Bad music???  How can Pink Floyd possibly be "bad music"?  That's so absurd I can't believe it! :o
I mean, Pink Floyd.

It's sacred stuff, that is! 8)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Cyborg-Frask

Well... Today I got another copy of the Neal Morse DVD. And guess what? Exactly the same problem. I can't believe it... WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?! Is there anyone out there who also had the Neal Morse DVD?
Man, I'm not in a good mood today...  >:(

??? ??? ??? HUH, that's weird. Hmm i'm starting to think that your DVD player needs to support "region free" instead of just PAL/NTSC support.

man... you always have bad luck   :(

QuoteSo something else is happening here...
Yeah.... sounds a bit scary.... that DVD isn't just a DVD if you ask me  :P

willowroolz

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-05-09, 22:57:17
The fact is that the second disc works and the first disc doesn't. So something else is happening here...
Have you tried pressing a chapter number, rather than trying to get the menu up or pressing "play"? I only ask because I had a similar problem with the Transatlantic Live in Europe dvd disc 1 (disc 2 was fine, of course  ::) ) - the menu wouldn't work, the disc wouldn't play, but I pressed "2" on the remote and chapter 2 started playing  ???

PH

Quote from: willowroolz on Wed, 2006-05-10, 09:45:47
Have you tried pressing a chapter number, rather than trying to get the menu up or pressing "play"? I only ask because I had a similar problem with the Transatlantic Live in Europe dvd disc 1 (disc 2 was fine, of course  ::) ) - the menu wouldn't work, the disc wouldn't play, but I pressed "2" on the remote and chapter 2 started playing  ???

I don't know, I'll try it out soon.
You brought it back? Or did you learn to live with it?

willowroolz

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-05-10, 10:57:12
You brought it back? Or did you learn to live with it?
I returned one copy, but when the replacement was exactly the same I decided to live with it. It plays, I just don't get a menu, so if I want to change soundtrack/song etc I have to use the audio and chapter buttons on the remote.

I hope you manage to sort yours out  :)

maddox

To all the Transatlantic-live in Europe owners, i think i have an answer for you.

When i bought the DVD of Transatlantic, i had the same problem as you. By chance i stumbled into the site of Radiant records, and there i discovered an explanation about the DVD menu error. They also mentioned that there was a chance to get yourself a replacement disk, which i immediately ordered. Free of charge that is. Now, i hear you think "what's the catch??".

Well, here it is: While reading your messages, i visited the site again and started searching for it. There is a section which contains the replacement disc, but i can't figure out how to order it.  :( :-\

There may be a solution, but the only thing i can think of is to Email them yourselfs. Maybe the replacement disc are still available and, just like mine copy, are still free of charge.

The url is: www.radiantrecords.com

(Click on 'bands', then 'Transatlantic', and then second option 'Transatlantic 'Live in Europe' Replacement Disc 1 (DVD)')

I hope this is any good for you.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2006-05-10, 21:52:47The url is: www.radiantrecords.com

(Click on 'bands', then 'Transatlantic', and then second option 'Transatlantic 'Live in Europe' Replacement Disc 1 (DVD)')

I hope this is any good for you.

I hope it also works with the Neal Morse Live DVD...

maddox

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2006-05-11, 08:32:50
I hope it also works with the Neal Morse Live DVD...

I wouldn't know :-\. I don't have any problem with that DVD.

PH

I brought my Neal Morse DVD back (again) and I got my money back. So instead of the DVD I bought the following:

Dream Theater - Awake
OSI - Office Of Strategic Influence (Special Edition)

Sorry Morse, but I think this is a far better deal!
By the way, I saw most of the DVD of Neal Morse anyway except the first song. It was cool, but I prefer 2 CD's + 1 BonusCD of music over 2 DVDs of videomaterial.

Teunis

Yesterday at the Pendragon gig I bought two albums:

Arena - Breakfast in Biarritz
Nolan & Wakeman - The Hound of the Baskervilles

I'm playing the latter one right now, and I like what I hear  8).

Funny story: I had the Nolan & Wakeman cd in my hand, the girl who was selling the stuff said: "If you like Ayreon, you will like this one too, do you like Ayreon?"
Then she saw my Star One/Ayreon t-shirt and she laughed, saying "I bet that you will like it". She convinced me and I don't regret it!!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2006-05-14, 14:10:48
Yesterday at the Pendragon gig I bought two albums:

Arena - Breakfast in Biarritz
Nolan & Wakeman - The Hound of the Baskervilles

I'm playing the latter one right now, and I like what I hear  8).

Funny story: I had the Nolan & Wakeman cd in my hand, the girl who was selling the stuff said: "If you like Ayreon, you will like this one too, do you like Ayreon?"
Then she saw my Star One/Ayreon t-shirt and she laughed, saying "I bet that you will like it". She convinced me and I don't regret it!!

Hehehe good one! ;)

I need to buy The Hound Of The Baskervilles quickly... It's sooo good! How does Inside/Out online work? Can you buy it from there? And do you need to have a creditcard?

By the way, I saw that Inside/Out has his distribution-office in Kleve in Germany, that's not too far from where I live :P. can you buy stuff straight from there? Anyone who knows?

maddox

Peter, i took your advice:

And my gosh, even after the first spin (i received it today) i have to say: this is soo good.  *horns* 8) :'(

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2006-05-24, 22:33:08
Peter, i took your advice:

And my gosh, even after the first spin (i received it today) i have to say: this is soo good.  *horns* 8) :'(

Glad you like it :)
Do you have "X-Rayed" and "Aritificial Paradise", too?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....