News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Webcomics

Started by PH, Tue, 2011-03-15, 21:23:58

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Anyone into them?

I don't see myself as a real webcomic reader, but for about half a year or so, some interesting and clever comics came to my attention...

Here are a few I think you should check out (and which I check out once their RSS feed pops up in my reader):

Jump Leads by Pen Paddon (Writer) and JjAR (Artist)

A great sci-fi story. But if you don't like sci-fi, you should still check this out!
They are currently in their 10th issue and it's still great.
Too bad it hasn't been updated for two months...

This one is for you when you're into things like "Doctor Who", "Red Dwarf" and "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy".
It's sometimes very funny and often funny, but always fun.

It's about two blokes who have just joined the multiversal police force. On their first training mission, however, something went terribly wrong. From that moment on they're doomed to travel with their 'spaceship' between multiple (and parallel) universes.

The Meek by Der-shing Helmer

This is an extremely well written comic. It amazes me that this is not made into a popular well-known comic.
Currently halfway chapter 3. Can't tell you what it's about, since there are at least three different storylines which have yet to be woven into one big storyline. There are three main characters: a girl with strange 'powers' who's in search for her grandfather (chapter 1); an emperor who is entangled in a war (chapter 2); a woman who looks a bit like a man (chapter 3).
Dunno much to say about the third chapter at the moment. Chapter 2 is the best so far, very interesting, very BIG.

This one goes with a warning though... The first chapter contains nudity. Not really the 'sexy' kind, and not in an offensive way, but still had to say it in case you want to click that link while you're at work or something. ;)

Ratfist by Doug TenNapel

Doug has earned his spurs with the creation of the Earthworm Jim video game character.
This comic is about another superhero named Ratfist. Like Spiderman, Ricky got bitten by a radioactive animal: a rat. Also very funny. Updates daily!

Escape From Planet Nowhere by Otis Frampton

Just discovered this one. Can't tell you what it is about, but it looks promising. The art is really cool. And the catchphrase ("They distroyed his world. They have him surrounded. They don't have a chance.") sounded promising. ;)

Well... I'd say, check them out! And if you stumble upon other nice (web)comics let me know.

--Paco

PH

Well, it seems that I am the only one who can appreciate this kind of art...

Just wanted to say that th webcomic Ratfist has ended. It was highly enjoyable!

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2011-08-17, 20:22:40
Well, it seems that I am the only one who can appreciate this kind of art...
No, you're not! ^^
I started reading some of those you posted before going on vacation, and I appreciated the graphic style and humor of Escape from planet Nowhere, and was interested by The Meek; I just had time to read the first issue of each of those, but I'm willing to keep on reading the next few days.
Let your conscience decide !

PH

Quote from: Draco chimera on Mon, 2011-08-29, 14:39:08
No, you're not! ^^
I started reading some of those you posted before going on vacation, and I appreciated the graphic style and humor of Escape from planet Nowhere, and was interested by The Meek; I just had time to read the first issue of each of those, but I'm willing to keep on reading the next few days.

Ah great! Escape From Planet Nowhere was on a big hiatus, but will be back next sunday! The Meek's first chapter is very interesting, but trust me, it gets even better!

Now, Ratfist was also very good. It's something of a superman story, but weirder and much more fun! Doug TenNapel who's the writer, illustrator and mastermind behind Ratfist, is also all of that behind the Earthworm Jim video-game character. After Ratfist, he started writing another webcomic:

Bigfoot For Hire

http://bigfootforhire.com/

It starts in three weeks.

Before that, be sure to read Jump Leads. It's as if the writers of Doctor Who and Monty Python teamed up to do this one.