News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Where do you fit into history ?

Started by funkster, Tue, 2011-11-01, 17:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

PH

When I was born, I was the 5,070,243,562nd person alive on Earth.
And I was the 80,012,583,966th person to have lived since history began.

Well, good to know!

I think...

Iggy

3,096,073,250th person alive
76,800,642,224th since history began
and I have 27 years left to live apparently

:o

maddox

Why have I never see this?  ???

2011: 7,000,000,000

When you were born, you were the: 3,793,867,637th person alive on Earth.

77,991,533,550th person to have lived since history began.

A: how do they know this!?

B: Iggy, how did you found out that you still have 27 years yet to live? Don't answer, I already found out.
It basically means that I still haven't reach the mid center of my lifespan.

Lucky me!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

johninblack

This was up on twitter a couple of weeks ago.

When you were born, you were the 3,234,140,232nd person alive on Earth
77,060,260,483rd person to have lived since history began

johninblack

QuoteWhat's next? The global population will continue to increase during your lifetime and beyond, reaching 10 billion by 2083. However, the rate of growth is expected to slow. Little of the current growth is happening in developed countries like yours.

Longer lives: Working-age people like you will be supporting increasing numbers of older people during the next decades. By 2050, there will be just 2.2 people of working age supporting every person aged 65 or older in the developed world. In Europe, this will drop to just two.

Battle for resources: It is estimated that your group of the richest countries consumes double the resources used by the rest of the world. The UN estimates that if current population and consumption trends continue, by the 2030s we will need the equivalent of two Earths to support us.

Did you know? The average family size globally has declined by half since 1950 - from five children to the current 2.5.

610 people

the amount the population has grown while you've been on this site

Do these facts bother anyone else? How can these rates of population increase be sustainable?

Nicky007

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2011-11-13, 13:23:49
Do these facts bother anyone else? How can these rates of population increase be sustainable?

Again, if people became vegetarians, travelled less with airplanes and cars, and purchased and used less technology, we could easily be many more humans on Earth without using up the natural resources and destroying the biosphere. But as long as people are so egoistic  :(

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2011-11-13, 01:22:34
A: How do they know this!?

Easy, they don't, it's just an artifice, they'v made some guesses. But it always seems more convincing when you use detailed numbers  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me