News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboardistmatt

Lucky Number Slevin
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Teunis

In my DVD player: Gazpacho - Night Of The Demon. Yesterday evening most of it and in a moment the rest. Beautiful music, but you have to be in the right mood for it :).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Teunis

Riverside - Reality Dream  *horns*

PH

Fates Warning - "Theories Of Flight" (on Spotify)

And

Redemption - "The Art Of Loss"

I like both albums!

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2016-07-16, 16:20:01
Fates Warning - "Theories Of Flight" (on Spotify)

And

Redemption - "The Art Of Loss"

I like both albums!
Wrong thread I suppose or are you watching those albums? ;)

Teunis

Have been watching 'Stage' by IQ. One of my most beautiful music DVD's I'd say. Especially the Nearfest footage (DVD 1) is excellent and the (5.1) sound is beautiful!

maddox

Heaven and Hell ~ Live from Radio City Hall New York 2007

With the Lord of Heavy Metal: Ronny James Dio
Basically it's Black Sabbath with RJD but due to legal stuff they couldn't perform as Black Sabbath so they changed it to Heaven and Hell.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Finished Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Voyager.
Already in second season of Enterprise. Probably finish just in time for Star Trek: Discovery in January!

Teunis

Have been watching the 'Alive Again' DVD from The Neal Morse Band. A really cool performance by a band at its top *horns*. But again I experience troubles with the disc. The title track, which is about 34 minutes, has track number 10 and 11. By the change from 10 to 11 both sound and images go back for about a minute. And in track 11 after about 2 minutes another hickup :-(. One of you who noticed this or am I unlucky (once again)? Not the first NM(B) DVD with problems ... To keep a whole gig synch also seems to be very difficult :-\. Fortunately I may exchange the disc, but the last time I did this the new disc had the same problems. Curious ::).

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2016-08-25, 10:42:04
Have been watching the 'Alive Again' DVD from The Neal Morse Band. A really cool performance by a band at its top *horns*. But again I experience troubles with the disc. The title track, which is about 34 minutes, has track number 10 and 11. By the change from 10 to 11 both sound and images go back for about a minute. And in track 11 after about 2 minutes another hickup :-(. One of you who noticed this or am I unlucky (once again)? Not the first NM(B) DVD with problems ... To keep a whole gig synch also seems to be very difficult :-\. Fortunately I may exchange the disc, but the last time I did this the new disc had the same problems. Curious ::).

Hmm bummer! I don't have this cd/dvd/blu-ray (yet!). Was wondering whether I should buy this or not. I have a lot of NM(B) releases and "Alive Again" is very aptly titled. ::) I haven't bought "? Live" or "So Many Roads Live In Europe" because it's only audio and I'm not really a live collector as you might know. I'll probably end up buying this new live dvd/cd anyway. But I was assuming MorseFest 2015 would also get a release ("?" and "Sola Scriptura" live! Should be awesome!). Anyone know something about it?

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2016-08-25, 10:42:04

Haven't watched the dvd yet but undoubtedly it will be the same with the disc that I have.
It's not what I expect from Radiant/Neal Morse. Usually it's in good shape.
Must add that I'm a bit disappointed with the artwork/slipcase that comes with it.
It looks pretty basic to me.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2016-08-25, 12:07:09
Was wondering whether I should buy this or not. I have a lot of NM(B) releases and "Alive Again" is very aptly titled. ::) I haven't bought "? Live" or "So Many Roads Live In Europe" because it's only audio and I'm not really a live collector as you might know. I'll probably end up buying this new live dvd/cd anyway. But I was assuming MorseFest 2015 would also get a release ("?" and "Sola Scriptura" live! Should be awesome!). Anyone know something about it?
It's a great DVD, the Neal Morse Band is on fire. Didn't regret buying it but the hiccups in immages/sound at the track 'Alive Again' is very disturbing. Got a new one from my record store yesterday, but unfortunately with exactly the same errors :-(. And regarding MorseFest 2015: I've read it will be released indeed, don't know when though. And I own the 'Sola Scriptura Live' DVD, which is awesome indeed *horns*.

Teunis

I have been neglecting Pendragon lately. Made it up with the DVD 'Out Of Order Comes Chaos' *horns*.

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2016-09-03, 20:39:46
It's a great DVD, the Neal Morse Band is on fire. Didn't regret buying it but the hiccups in immages/sound at the track 'Alive Again' is very disturbing. Got a new one from my record store yesterday, but unfortunately with exactly the same errors :-(.

That seems to be the case with all DVDs. Check the YouTube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIb8BBKJt2w

It has that glitch. After 15:47 minutes it goes back two minutes. So it seems to be a bad edit. Shame shame...
I wonder if the Blu-Ray has the same error. If not, I'll go for that.
Strange thing that there is no official word about it.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2016-09-12, 23:25:21
That seems to be the case with all DVDs. Check the YouTube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIb8BBKJt2w
It has that glitch. After 15:47 minutes it goes back two minutes. So it seems to be a bad edit. Shame shame...
Bummer ... indeed a shame. Such a great song *horns*.

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2016-09-12, 23:25:21
I wonder if the Blu-Ray has the same error. If not, I'll go for that.
Strange thing that there is no official word about it.
And I wonder if reviewers watch the whole DVD. I've read several reviews. They mention the track and the fact the musicians exchange instruments, but no word about the error. Maybe they don't know the original and don't even notice it ::).

Teunis

Have been watching the Toto DVD 'Live At Montreux 1991' yesterday. Awesome stuff! So nice to watch drummer Jeff Porcaro play tracks from the Kingdom Of Desire album like 'Jake To The Bone' and the title track. Sadly he died before the release of the album, but they played this gig before the release. And what a drummer he was ...

Teunis

Yesterday evening: Fischer Z - Full Concert - Harmonie Bonn - 09.03.2016 - WDR Rockpalast. Really nice to relive the memories ...  8).

PH

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2016-08-11, 11:55:59
Finished Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Voyager.
Already in second season of Enterprise. Probably finish just in time for Star Trek: Discovery in January!

Now I also finished Star Trek: Enterprise. Too bad they canceled this series after the fourth season. Really liked it.

Star Trek: Discovery is postponed to May 2017.

I was trying to watch the new Star Trek movies, but found it very difficult. I saw the first movie (just Star Trek apparently) and didn't have that Star Trek feeling I had with the series or the older movies. It felt more like a parody. Actually I thought it was pretty bad. If I want to see Capt. Kirk and crew again, I'd rather watch The Original Series. These guys are not the same people. And I'm obviously not talking about the actors, but the characters. The second Star Trek movie, Star Trek: Into Darkness I stopped watching halfway, because I felt so bored. I can't believe they call this Star Trek... Anyone here who has seen these new movies?

Another one came out this year: Star Trek: Beyond...

maddox

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2016-11-09, 17:06:10
Now I also finished Star Trek: Enterprise. Too bad they canceled this series after the fourth season. Really liked it.

I really liked T'pol.  :-* :-* :-*

QuoteStar Trek: Discovery is postponed to May 2017.

Hope they will broadcast it in the Flatlands.

QuoteI was trying to watch the new Star Trek movies, but found it very difficult. I saw the first movie (just Star Trek apparently) and didn't have that Star Trek feeling I had with the series or the older movies. It felt more like a parody. Actually I thought it was pretty bad. If I want to see Capt. Kirk and crew again, I'd rather watch The Original Series. These guys are not the same people. And I'm obviously not talking about the actors, but the characters. The second Star Trek movie, Star Trek: Into Darkness I stopped watching halfway, because I felt so bored. I can't believe they call this Star Trek... Anyone here who has seen these new movies?

Another one came out this year: Star Trek: Beyond...

They are okay, I guess.
Lot more action and a bit naughty as well, but a contrast to everything before these three films.
Babylon 5 is a bit more harder than the rest, but still old-school compared to the new cast.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2016-11-11, 16:45:03
I really liked T'pol.  :-* :-* :-*

She was alright. ;D

Hope they will broadcast it in the Flatlands.

Netflix!

They are okay, I guess.
Lot more action and a bit naughty as well, but a contrast to everything before these three films.

Yes, it's an action movie. I must admit that I find the other (older) Star Trek movies pretty cheesy sometimes. They try to be funny to the point it gets embarassing, but at least they were loyal to the history of the series. The new Star Trek movies are throwing everything overboard. Spock and Uhura are lovers? Really? ::) Totally unbelievable.

Babylon 5 is a bit more harder than the rest, but still old-school compared to the new cast.

Babylon 5? I don't understand.

funkster

taboo - a new BBC production starring Tom Hardy and produced by Ridley Scott

Most enjoyable first episode  *horns*

maddox

During the last few days of being a bit ill, netflix came to the rescue.
Watched the first season of Designated Survivor, first season of Homeland (again, already have it dvd but still), a few episodes of ST Voyager (again, already have it on dvd) and a few episodes of Luke Cage (Marvel Superhero).

PH

I'm watching Star Trek: The Animated Series on Netflix.
I skipped this when watching the whole of Star Trek because it's not considered canon.

Also watching Prison Break. Season 3 now. It's pretty good. Some of my colleagues are very enthusiastic about it. If I have to believe them it will change my life. But that's not really the case. Still good though.

Teunis

Have been watching the 'XX' live DVD from Arena. In the beginning the images are terrible, especially when red and/or blue lights are used. Later on it gets better. The music is *horns* though. Funny that John Mitchell is standing on stage with bare feet :).

Teunis

Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium. Classic ...  *horns*.