News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-09-21, 13:25:08
Pink Floyd ~ Live at Pompeii

On youtube, in its entirety.  8)

Interesting!
I will watch that when I have the time!

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-09-21, 13:25:08
Pink Floyd ~ Live at Pompeii

On youtube, in its entirety.  8)

Magnificent  *horns*

Thanx for gettin me onto it again, Mad  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Gazpacho - Live @ Loreley
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

I finally watched the little 'making of' of "Vicitim's Of A Modern Age".
It's was much fun to watch, as is always the case with Arjen.

I'll mention one thing:

First you see a cool vid of Joost van den Broek doing a nice keyboard solo. After that, we see Arjen who's talking about the keyboard solos that Joost just did. And he says "Great sound, great playing, very virtuoso, great melodies. Just too bad that he's a real 'lul'."

Man, that came totally unexpected, I could only burst into laughter. Loved Arjen's face when he said that. Then he said it another time: "Joost is een lul!"

Immediately after that, we see another vid of Joost playing this amazing sounds. And the lettering says: 'Joost 'LUL' van den Broek'.

Very random, but very funny! I liked it! ;D

funkster

MASH - the film not the series.

Nicky007

Watched:  The Man From Earth

Fascinating mind-boggling film  *horns*

Thanx, Draco  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2011-10-12, 15:10:58
Watched:  The Man From Earth

I've seen it too. And I'm not sure. It's interesting in a way, but I simply found it boring, and the characters not really convincing. When you take away all that, there's left the story which started alright, but it most of all was a 'vision' of the writer. And that vision is something that I've heard a lot already. It's again one way (a very refined one I must say) to tackle Christianity.
I can see why non-christians like it, because it strengthens them in their thoughts. Since I am a christian, I don't agree with these thoughts and it left me with just a boring film in my opinion.

Ah well... you can't have 'm all. ;)

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2011-10-12, 19:44:55
I've seen it too. And I'm not sure. It's interesting in a way, but I simply found it boring, and the characters not really convincing. When you take away all that, there's left the story which started alright, but it most of all was a 'vision' of the writer. And that vision is something that I've heard a lot already. It's again one way (a very refined one I must say) to tackle Christianity.
I can see why non-christians like it, because it strengthens them in their thoughts. Since I am a christian, I don't agree with these thoughts and it left me with just a boring film in my opinion.

Ah well... you can't have 'm all. ;)

I do not think the main purpose of the movie was to tackle Christianity, and I believe christian people may like this movie. Can't say more about it without spoiling the movie...
Glad you liked it Nicky  ;)
Let your conscience decide !

Nicky007

Quote from: Draco chimera on Thu, 2011-10-13, 14:33:28
I do not think the main purpose of the movie was to tackle Christianity

Neither do I.

I believe Christian people may like this movie

Yes, I think so too. I, for one.

What I found most gripping were the soul issues:  What's it like to be so completely different from all other humans ? - to live with such a secret that you can't share with other people ? - to have to leave close friends totally after ten years ? - to know sooo many people intimately thru all those years ? - to have personally experienced the things that others learn about second-hand from history books ? - the loneliness, the inability to share completely your life with your partner ?

And when you have shared the secret with a few select friends, the unfathomable distance between you and them ? - the resentment at you surviving them ? How will knowing that you exist somewhere on earth affect their further lives ?

So many questions  :o

The witty take on the life of Jesus Christ was intriguing, but it can't shake the foundations of my faith, as my faith has a different focus  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

Elbow live from Manchester cathedral on BBC3 - glorious

funkster

Game of thrones

Along with the Wire best tv show ever - i am hooked !

PH

In February I watched a science fiction tv series called "Outcasts", about colonists populating a new planet. A few months ago I watched "Falling Skies", an American science fiction tv series about the aftermath of an alien invasion. And now I'm following "Terra Nova".

Who knows this television programme? I found it very similar to "Outcasts" but this one is better I think. A few more interesting ingredients.

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2011-11-22, 21:35:53
In February I watched a science fiction tv series called "Outcasts", about colonists populating a new planet. A few months ago I watched "Falling Skies", an American science fiction tv series about the aftermath of an alien invasion. And now I'm following "Terra Nova".

Who knows this television programme? I found it very similar to "Outcasts" but this one is better I think. A few more interesting ingredients.
I just heard from Terra Nova, but my father watched both Outcasts and Falling Skies. He said he was kinda disappointed by Outcasts. I was planning to watch Falling Skies, but I just couldn't find enough time.

PH

Quote from: Draco chimera on Tue, 2011-11-22, 21:49:11
I just heard from Terra Nova, but my father watched both Outcasts and Falling Skies. He said he was kinda disappointed by Outcasts.

Yeah, me too actually...

Quote from: Draco chimera on Tue, 2011-11-22, 21:49:11
I was planning to watch Falling Skies, but I just couldn't find enough time.

I heard that lots of people didn't like "Falling Skies", but I thought it was OK. Far better than "Outcasts". It had exciting moments and I always wanted to know what the next episode was going to be. Although, there were also a few things that were a bit 'meh', or 'rrrrrrright...'
I really liked it! And "Terra Nova", I like it as well. Like I said, it's similar to "Outcasts" (right to the point of plagiarizing!), but where "Outcasts" failed, "Terra Nova" didn't. Beautiful scenes too. Add a few dinosaurs here, a group of rebels there and you have a great tv show.

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2011-11-22, 22:44:09
Yeah, me too actually...

I heard that lots of people didn't like "Falling Skies", but I thought it was OK. Far better than "Outcasts". It had exciting moments and I always wanted to know what the next episode was going to be. Although, there were also a few things that were a bit 'meh', or 'rrrrrrright...'
I really liked it! And "Terra Nova", I like it as well. Like I said, it's similar to "Outcasts" (right to the point of plagiarizing!), but where "Outcasts" failed, "Terra Nova" didn't. Beautiful scenes too. Add a few dinosaurs here, a group of rebels there and you have a great tv show.

I've been watching this as well but am a few episodes behind.

Does anyone watch Fringe? It is one of my favourite series.

PH

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2011-11-22, 22:55:14

And what's that about then?

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2011-11-22, 22:55:14

I did watched it a few episodes, and I really liked it but unfortunately that didn't made me watch more of it.

Lack of time...
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2011-11-22, 23:08:47
And what's that about then?

It is about a division of the FBI that investigates strange events. It is a bit like the X files but better in my opinion.

I think we are in series 4 and every series apart from a bit of series 2 has been very enjoyable.

Draco chimera

Same thing: no time! My father watches it. Sounds promising.

maddox

Just watched an episode of Criminal Minds and an episode of Flashpoint.

Criminal Minds was, as ever, great and the Flashpoint episode was standard, yet enjoyable.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

funkster

The final of Masterchef the proffesionals which i have loved.

Final of Strictly come dancing tomorrow which should get me in the mood for Xmas

PH

I'm catching up on some Merlin episodes.

Teunis

Sylvan - Posthumous Silence - The Show

Teunis

Pallas - Moment To Moment  8)

Draco chimera

Started watching Terra Nova a few days ago, I'm at episode 5. I expected more from it, but it's good though. I was quite skeptical after seeing TV spots, but it turns out they show part of the series in a way that makes it sound like the worst show in the universe. I'm glad it's not. CGI effects just look awesome.