News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Hogweed's daft site

Started by Constable Hogweed, Fri, 2005-02-18, 02:25:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Constable Hogweed

ok this is a blatant plug for my.....errrm pointless site. Please come aboard  :'(
http://groups.msn.com/Hogweedssweatarsemarmitejar

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Xanxtuary

OK, well here's another plug, because I also ... erm ... create stuff for Hogweed's site and am his partner and co-manager of the site.  I'm the one who did the daft restaurant adverts and the one for Geddy Lee's electrical repair service!!

I hear more sighs coming on ...
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Simtere

The "Last Page on the Internet" gave me a chuckle ...... it also has a certain ring of truth to it ;)   Nice one!!!!

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: Simtere on Tue, 2005-02-22, 12:12:22
The "Last Page on the Internet" gave me a chuckle ...... it also has a certain ring of truth to it ;)   Nice one!!!!

;D ;)

gelert

Cheers for the link, Hogweed...loved the jokes, especially the "watch for falling rocks"...LOLOL  :D
Thought that you might enjoy this...

We've all heard that cliché about giving more than 100%, but we all thought that up to now, mathematically, it was impossible.....However, whilst working on a sequel to Hamlet, an infinite number of monkeys have stumbled across a simple formula that can work out how to achieve more than 100% :-

First, number the letters of the alphabet from 1 to 26:

A   B  C   D  E   F  G   H   I    J    K   L   M   N   O   P   Q    R   S    T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z
1    2   3   4   5   6   7    8   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26

Then, applying some basic mathematics using elements that one would imagine would be required to achieve success, add up the value of each letter in the word:

D  E  D  I  C  A  T  I  O  N
4   5   4  9  3  1  20 9 15 14    =    84 %

B   R   I   L   L   I   A   N   C   E
2  18   9 12  12  9   1   14   3   5    =    85 %

K  N  O W  L  E  D  G  E
11 14 15 23 12 5   4  7   5     =    96 %

H  A  R  D  W  O  R  K
8   1  18  4  23 15 18 11    =    98 %

A   T   T   I   T   U   D   E
1   20  20 9  20  21   4   5    =    100 %

This proves that neither dedication nor brilliance is enough, but that knowledge and hard work will get you close and attitude will get you there. However when one considers a number of other elements that could be used, one gets a more truthful answer about working at more than 100%:

B   U   L   L   S   H   I   T
2   21 12  12 19   8   9  20    =    103 %

A   R   S   E   K   I   S   S   I   N   G
1   18  19  5  11  9  19  19  9  14   7      =     131 %

So the next time you hear someone trotting out the old cliché, remember that 100% is as good as it can get…!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Constable Hogweed

Thats brilliant Gelert.   ;D
Mmmmm feel a Marmite page coming on.  ;)

Xanxtuary

I've seen something similar to Gelert's mathematical theorems before, can't think where.  No doubt our beloved and esteemed Chancellor Hogweed will make good use of the information!  8)
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed