News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena in the UK ?

Started by Fruitbat63, Thu, 2007-02-01, 15:49:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruitbat63

Its great to see that Arena are playing a few gigs in May & June.
But I notice that there are no gigs listed for the UK.
So it looks like it is going to be a 240 mile drive to Dover, a cross channel ferry, a further 70 mile drive to Brugge and then a 2 and a half hour train journey to Verviers.
It would be a LOT easier if there was to be a gig in good old blighty.
Any chance Clive ??

niggly69

Hi,I see some dates on the website for 2007 in Europe.I am assuming that the band will be playing in the UK during this tour.Can I recommend / suggest that you play The Point in Cardiff,South Wales ( www.thepointcardiffbay.com ).It really is a great venue,Mostly Autumn,Asia and Fish have played there and this will save me from my annual trip somewhere else in the UK to see the band.Totally selfish,I know,but if you don't ask,you don't get !!!

bellanova

I agree that they have to play over here. They had a really great audience in London so PLEEEEEZE Clive!! ;D

ironcow2103

Quote from: niggly69 on Thu, 2007-02-01, 16:18:39
suggest that you play The Point in Cardiff,South Wales ( www.thepointcardiffbay.com ).It really is a great venue

...apart from the fact I can't take my son (really pee'd off we couldn't see Asia) - last time we had to drive from Bristol to Sheffield to see Arena, hopefully somewhere a bit nearer the SW with a reasonable attitude to fans of all ages.

Steve

niggly69

Steve,been to The Point many times for various bands and seen loads of young people there every time so I'm suprised you couldn't take your son.Don't think there is any age limit - kids of 10 - 16 every time I've been,give them a ring for confirmation.
C'mon Arena,how about it ???

maddox

Well, considering the fact that Arena is a British band, i'm sure there will be more dates available soon. Just a matter of time i guess.  ;)

I could be totally wrong of course.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

ironcow2103

Quote from: niggly69 on Thu, 2007-02-01, 22:06:54
Don't think there is any age limit - kids of 10 - 16 every time I've been,give them a ring for confirmation.

I did for Asia, but who knows they might have changed their policy (or I ended up with some muppet on the phone who didn't know...). If Saul can get in, I second the Cardiff date (even if I have to pay to get across the bridge!!!) :-)

creme anglais

RIFF's BAR

*ola**ola**ola*

PLEASE????     ;)

johninblack

One in England so far....

Sunday      27th May      England     Sheffield       The Boardwalk

The Boardwalk is a really great venue. This is a Classic Rock Society gig.

creme anglais

Anyone headin up to Sheffield for this???

Crownie

40 minutes walk away, so I'll be there.  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johninblack

Quote from: Crownie on Sat, 2007-05-26, 12:01:28
40 minutes walk away, so I'll be there.  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You lucky, lucky ........... Last time I was at the Boardwalk (Pendragon last year) they had some rather tasty real ale, Moonshine i think it was called and since I wasn't driving I felt obliged to sample a few!
I'm 150 miles away so a skinfull of beer is not on the cards, but it will still be a fantastic night!

bellanova

Im travelling up there from London. 4 hours on the coach!! I went to the last Arena gig at the Boardwalk and it is a nice venue. Luckily I am staying overnight at the Travel Lodge next door so i can have a beer or two!!