News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jones

By coincidence, given the mentions in this thread...

The Verve - Forth.

I've not heard it yet (it's literally just turned up) but they're a band I'm fond of and I've got all of their earlier stuff.  Despite also appealing to a somewhat juvenile indie fanboy audience (see some of the silly online squabbling being passed off as reviews on Amazon and the like) there's plenty to entertain the normal (non-prog) rock fan.  On a day when I'm in the right sort of mood, I can believe the sublime 'Reprise' from 'A Northern Soul' is one of the finest pieces of music ever written.  8)

On other days, I prefer prog!  ;D *horns* ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2008-09-05, 08:27:36
By coincidence, given the mentions in this thread...

The Verve - Forth.

I've not heard it yet (it's literally just turned up) but they're a band I'm fond of and I've got all of their earlier stuff.  Despite also appealing to a somewhat juvenile indie fanboy audience (see some of the silly online squabbling being passed off as reviews on Amazon and the like) there's plenty to entertain the normal (non-prog) rock fan.  On a day when I'm in the right sort of mood, I can believe the sublime 'Reprise' from 'A Northern Soul' is one of the finest pieces of music ever written.  8)

On other days, I prefer prog!  ;D *horns* ;D

Well, the last track, Appalachian Springs, is prog(gy) in my book... Have fun listening, I think it's as good as the previous album.

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Steve Jones

Ian Gillan - Glory Road.
Ian Gillan - Future Shock.
Regards, Steve Jones

Deenfan

Cinderella - Night songs

(I think it's the fourth time I buy this, and it was originally my first cd.)

Steve Jones

Anathema - Hindsight.
Styx - Cyclorama.
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

Just pre-ordered It Bites' The Tall Ships and I can't wait to get it ... late October  :(

Also ordered Lou Reed's The Blue Mask to reach the free shipping amount but it's a fairly decent album worth buying (if I remember correctly from my vinyl years  ::))

Iggy

Legacy Shadow gallery
Greenslade Bedside manners are extra.

Deenfan

White Lion - Big game

Had this on cassette, and never tired much of it, so...

Bupie

For the total amount of 21,82 euros :

* Porcupine Tree - FOABP

So far, I have three PT albums : Signify (that I don't like at the exception of Dark Matter), Deadwing (that I don't like neither at the exception of Lazarus) and In Absentia (that I like moderately). So, in regard to all those ( ), I was not too warm on buying another of their albums ... but after listening to Anesthetize, and considering the amount of rave reviews, I fell for an Amazon offer at 6,99 euros

* Scorpions - Lovedrive (remasterized)

We already talked about this one with Steve in another thread. Even if you are not a metal fan, Worth buying for the two greats ballads, Always Somewhere and Holiday (IMHO waaaaaaay better than Still Lovin' You or Winds of Change). 6,99 euros too.

* Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Could be an option to share music with my non prog girlfriend but she doesn't like Matt Bellamy's voice  :-X  Didn't I mention that life sometimes sucks in another thread ?  :P   :D  Anyway, I like what I heard from it and it got me to the 20 euros free shipping mark since it's sold for 7,99 euros.

But my banker is going to take away my credit card one day ...  :(

Iggy

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2008-09-17, 12:48:50
For the total amount of 21,82 euros :

* Porcupine Tree - FOABP

So far, I have three PT albums : Signify (that I don't like at the exception of Dark Matter), Deadwing (that I don't like neither at the exception of Lazarus) and In Absentia (that I like moderately). So, in regard to all those ( ), I was not too warm on buying another of their albums ... but after listening to Anesthetize, and considering the amount of rave reviews, I fell for an Amazon offer at 6,99 euros

* Scorpions - Lovedrive (remasterized)

We already talked about this one with Steve in another thread. Even if you are not a metal fan, Worth buying for the two greats ballads, Always Somewhere and Holiday (IMHO waaaaaaay better than Still Lovin' You or Winds of Change). 6,99 euros too.

* Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Could be an option to share music with my non prog girlfriend but she doesn't like Matt Bellamy's voice  :-X  Didn't I mention that life sometimes sucks in another thread ?  :P   :D  Anyway, I like what I heard from it and it got me to the 20 euros free shipping mark since it's sold for 7,99 euros.

But my banker is going to take away my credit card one day ...  :(

I didn'tlLike Porcupine Tree much at the beginning. I hope you'll continue to listen to deadwing it definitely grows on you as does the band.

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2008-09-17, 21:22:34
I didn'tlLike Porcupine Tree much at the beginning. I hope you'll continue to listen to deadwing it definitely grows on you as does the band.

With that i do agree.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

funkster

Dream Theater - systematic chaos
Sabbat - history of a time to come
Sabbat - dreamweaver

Bupie

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2008-09-17, 21:22:34

I certainly will. I am planning a PT evening where I will play back-to-back all the albums at my disposal. I also have the Arriving Somewhere DVD that I do enjoy a lot  :)

Steve Jones

Marillion - Made Again.

For some reason, I always thought this was a best-of and so had never bought it.  I felt a total arse when someone pointed out my error, so ordered it from the Marillion site immediately.  :-[
Regards, Steve Jones

Deenfan

But then you're a lucky guy today!?

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Marillion - Marbles on the Road DVD.
Marillion - Colours and Sound DVD.

Whilst others are prophesizing the end of the world because Marillion have released the free download version of their album, it's certainly fired up my interest of late.  I've spent over 100 UK pounds in Marillion online shop in the last week.  They must be doing something right in the marketing department! ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

funkster

Sex and the city on DVD for my wife

Arn't i sweet  ;)

Bupie

King's X - Gretchen Goes to Nebraska

Don't know anything about this band (apart from the fact that the vocalist appears on DT's Lines in the Sand  *horns*) but I read so many rave reviews that I wanted to give them a try. We'll see ...

funkster

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2008-09-23, 10:37:51
King's X - Gretchen Goes to Nebraska

Don't know anything about this band (apart from the fact that the vocalist appears on DT's Lines in the Sand  *horns*) but I read so many rave reviews that I wanted to give them a try. We'll see ...

It is a good album from what i can remember 20 years ago  :-[  That and out of the silent planet were good and i ahve lost touch with them since - enjoy.

The bassist/singer , Doug Pinnick , is a black gay christian who likes to indulge in a spot of weed. Rock and roll eh  :D

PH

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2008-09-23, 12:57:34The bassist/singer , Doug Pinnick , is a black gay christian who likes to indulge in a spot of weed. Rock and roll eh  :D

Serious??

Oh man...

Bupie

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2008-09-23, 12:57:34
It is a good album from what i can remember 20 years ago  :-[  That and out of the silent planet were good and i ahve lost touch with them since - enjoy.

The bassist/singer , Doug Pinnick , is a black gay christian who likes to indulge in a spot of weed. Rock and roll eh  :D

Thanks for the comment. I mean, about the album  ;D

I'll let you know what I think of it ... I mean, of the album  :D

Steve Jones

The Godfathers - Hit by Hit (2008 reissue with extra disk)
Groundhogs - Black Diamond/Crosscut Saw (2 LPs on 1 CD)
Scorpions - Lovedrive.

Lovedrive proved elusive in this country so I ended up ordering from Germany.  Ironically it turned up in exactly the same time as the other two that I'd ordered from the UK.

Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Shadow Gallery Legacy and Tyranny