News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2008-08-25, 11:40:24
Oh yes, and it won't be long before I get 3 & 4.  8)  Classic series, the humour hasn't aged at all.

Didn't take you long to fill a terabyte, did it.  ;D  Must be all those Yes bootlegs.  ;)

Indeed

maddox

The Tangent - The World We Drive Through Special Edition - already have the regular version but this one was pretty cheap so what the heck.  ;)

30 Seconds To Mars - S/T - First album of this band with actor Jaret Leto. Already had the regular version too but it was pretty old and due to the fact that it was parked inside my car for about a decade or so ( ::)) it won't play properly anymore.

And it was cheap too.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Ozric Tentacles - Sunrise Festival.

Live CD and live DVD for the price of just a CD.  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

I bought Radiohead - The Bends today. Great album, and now I finally have it on cd! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Steve Jones

<Snipped!>  :-[
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2008-08-28, 15:12:13
Ozric Tentacles - Sunrise Festival.

Only playing this for the second time, but already giving it the *horns*

Ehm.....wrong topic? ;)

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

PH

We need an admin to do that sort of things for us...

Oh wait a minute! We DO have an admin! :D

Well, ok, yeah... before I get too much off topic about it...

Today I finally bought the Sola Scriptura And Beyond DVD from Neal Morse.
Man, it's soooo good and I've just seen the first two (three) songs: "The Creation" (beautiful!) and "The Good Don't Last/Open Wide The Flood Gates".
Tomorrow I'll try to watch the rest of the DVD, but I doubt that I will succed since it's almost 6 hours of material!!!
Amazing! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Oh I almost forgot:
I also bought a little harddisk drive of 500 GB, and I'll install it tomorrow.
Hopefully it won't take almost 6 hours...

-Paco

Iggy

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2008-08-28, 23:21:09
Vasectomy?

Eek!  Don't even say the V word!!!  :o

Just arrived: Extreme - Extreme.  Technically I've already got this one, but as the person who borrowed it has shown no sign of giving it back for some years I thought I'd avail myself of a brand new copy for four quid.  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2008-08-28, 23:20:18
Today I finally bought the Sola Scriptura And Beyond DVD from Neal Morse.
Man, it's soooo good and I've just seen the first two (three) songs: "The Creation" (beautiful!) and "The Good Don't Last/Open Wide The Flood Gates".
Tomorrow I'll try to watch the rest of the DVD, but I doubt that I will succed since it's almost 6 hours of material!!!
Amazing! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Then you're in for a treat! I'm curious what you think about it after hearing the guitarsolo at the end of The Door! :o

*horns* *horns* *horns*

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2008-08-29, 11:54:32

I'm curious what you think about it after hearing the guitarsolo at the end of The Door! :o

I thought it was kinda weak.  :-\

;)

PH

Well, I've seen another part of the Sola Scriptura And Beyond DVD (I have to watch it in parts... :'() and, man oh man, am I amazed!
I've just finished watching The Door and The Conflict/The Conclusion and there were moments that my eyes were filled with tears. Only Neal can do that to me. (Or maybe Someone behind him?)
I feel so touched by his music, and live he is just as good.
He truly believes in what he sings and he's singing with such devotion, it's coming right from his heart. So honest.

But beside all this, there are magnificent musicians and everyone is having much fun. It's so much fun to watch this DVD. It really is.
Paul Bielatowicz is indeed a gifted guitarist, and his facial expressions are really cool. ;) The 'Paul' solo at the end of The Door has been done justice by the other Paul. It sounded really good. And it looked pretty cool too.
Neal's next: 'Lifeline', will have both Pauls on it. So I'm curious... Perhaps a little guitar duel?

I'm looking forward to see the Question Mark Medley and the Testimedley, as well as the remaining Transatlantic and Spock's songs.
And don't forget the bonus material...

-Paco

Bupie

Just pre-ordered the Chaos in Motion 2 DVD + 3 CD special edition. Couldn't resist to the "reasonable" price : 24,98 € shipping included   :-[

Steve Jones

Sylvan - Leaving Backstage. (At last!)
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2008-09-01, 17:00:29
Just pre-ordered the Chaos in Motion 2 DVD + 3 CD special edition. Couldn't resist to the "reasonable" price : 24,98 € shipping included   :-[

What? Where?  ???

PH

maddox

Steve Jones

Kim Mitchell - Ain't Life Amazing.
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

I bought The Verve - Forth yesterday.

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-09-02, 14:24:58
Paco, you're the man!  *horns*

Guess what i just ordered???  ;D

Although it's tempting to order the DT-cd/dvd package, I just want to have it on (or even better before) the releasedate and my experience with on-line ordering is that they can't always deliver on time. Besides, the shops normally tend to sell cd's/dvd's a couple of days prior to their official releasedate anyway.

Tom

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2008-09-03, 07:45:01I bought The Verve - Forth yesterday.

What the [insert random word] is that?

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-09-03, 22:54:49
What the [insert random word] is that?

That's the band that had a massive hit in, I think it was, 1997 with the song Bittersweet Symphony. I'm sure you'll recognise it when you hear it. http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3m4e45bTo

Now Forth is their latest album. It has beautiful artwork and the music isn't too bad either! ;)

Tom

PH

Strange video clip. ;D
The violin-thing they're repeating all the time sounds good.

-Paco

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2008-09-04, 14:22:22
Strange video clip. ;D
The violin-thing they're repeating all the time sounds good.

You didn't already know the song? Wow! :o You should head over to http://www.myspace.com/theverve and maybe you'll like them! :)

Today I bought the following:

Anathema - Hindsight
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Saybia - Eyes On The Highway

Tom