News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Credo - Field Of Vision

AND

Credo - Rhetoric

And

Kino - Picture (Special Edition with DVD)

I spent a few quid Saturday night!

PH

Ok... you name Credo and Kino in one post. I have never heard Credo but I absolutely love Kino.
If you name them both in one post, it has to mean that they're both good. Tell me more about Credo! Is it something like Kino? Or better?

Proglady

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-04-19, 19:11:50
Ok... you name Credo and Kino in one post. I have never heard Credo but I absolutely love Kino.
If you name them both in one post, it has to mean that they're both good. Tell me more about Credo! Is it something like Kino? Or better?

Credo - Rhetoric is great,I love this CD very much  :-*

johninblack

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-04-19, 19:11:50

More Arena/Marillion but mostly Credo!

debsss

Latest cd's  Arena - Live & Life
                Arena - Pepper's Ghost

Latest DVD   The Dark Crystal - Jim Henson

joost

Latest CDs: Arena - Breakfast in Biarritz
                Arena - Pepper's Ghost
Latest DVD: Arena - Smoke and Mirror's (I LIKE IT, mr mailman brought me it today)

willowroolz

Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel and Russell Allen - Atomic Soul  :)

maddox

Yesterday evening i bought the new The Gathering album called Home.

In one word: Marvelous!!! :) *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

keyboardistmatt

I have some money now, so I can buy things again... (I still have to save for a Nord Lead 3 & a Kurzweil PC2, though! ;D )

Recent CD/DVD purchases, then...

TOOL 'Schism' on DVD

TRACEY CHAPMAN - 'Tracey Chapman' on CD

TYPE O NEGATIVE - 'Symphony For The Devil' (Live)

Still waiting for
DREAM THEATER - 'Octavarium'
*horns* *ola*
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

willowroolz

Joe Satriani - Super Colossal
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
Pendragon - Not of This World
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future

maddox

This morning i (finally) recieved the new Lacuna Coil called KarmaCode.

Haven't heard it yet, but i hope it will be awesome.  :)

willowroolz

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2006-04-25, 16:36:28
This morning i (finally) recieved the new Lacuna Coil called KarmaCode.

Haven't heard it yet, but i hope it will be awesome.  :)
I was listening to that at lunchtime, it's not bad at all. Track 2 To The Edge really stands out for me at the moment, Cristina's voice sounds amazing on it  8)

Just got:

Sieges Even - The Art of Navigating By The Stars
Sigur Ros - Takk

PH

Ahhh yes, I finally bought a cd again.
2 in fact.

- Neal Morse - ?
- Neal Morse - One (Special Edition)

Too bad there's no special edition of '?'. I like special editions. ;D

EDIT: Oh men... I totally forgot to buy Ayreon - The Human Equation for Cyborg-Frask... :( I'll do that next time! ;)

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-04-25, 16:43:48

Too bad there's no special edition of '?'. I like special editions. ;D

I know what you mean. I was suprised after the release that it only was a single cd and no extra's.
That was probably the only thing of the new cd that i wasn't happy about. I also like the specials.  :-\

marcello

Smoke and Mirrors DVD, still ain't come yet  :'(

cant wait though  ;D
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

keyboardistmatt

Recieved this morning:
DREAM THEATER - 'Octavarium' *horns*

I like this!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

Last week i've got a conformation mail about the order of this baby:

Can't wait;D :) ;D 8)

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Fri, 2006-04-28, 20:15:37
Recieved this morning:
DREAM THEATER - 'Octavarium' *horns*

I like this!

Good choice!
It's one of the best CDs in my personal CD-collection.
And (I think) it's the best DT album so far.

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2006-04-28, 20:50:32
Last week i've got a conformation mail about the order of this baby:

Can't wait;D :) ;D 8)
Wait a minute... Those are bootlegs... What about the quality of these bootlegs? I'm very interested in a Dark Side Of The Moon album from Dream Theater, but if the quality is bad, I think I'm not buying it.

I am going to mail my favourite CD-store to ask if they have Neal Morse - Testimony (Special Edition or regular edition) and if they have the Neal Morse DVD. If they DO have it, I'll go with Cyborg-Frask and buy it (Cyborg-Frask is gonna buy The Human Equation and some more, right Frank? ;D). If they DON'T have it... I'm gonna order it. And in the meantime I'll buy some more stuff.
Today I worked 8 hours (From 7 AM till 3 PM), so money is on the way. ;D

funkster

Quote from: willowroolz on Tue, 2006-04-25, 09:33:23
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome

Bout time  ;)

What do you think of it mate ? I personally think it is a stormer - the Steven gerrard of the prog metal midfield if you will 

johninblack

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-05-02, 17:44:15
I'm very interested in a Dark Side Of The Moon album from Dream Theater, but if the quality is bad, I think I'm not buying it.

Quality is shit hot, lots of work gone into it production wise, get it!

PH

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2006-05-03, 12:02:27

Quality is shit hot, lots of work gone into it production wise, get it!

You got it already?

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-05-02, 17:44:15
Wait a minute... Those are bootlegs... What about the quality of these bootlegs? I'm very interested in a Dark Side Of The Moon album from Dream Theater, but if the quality is bad, I think I'm not buying it.

Well, i also have the Cover-series of them (Metallica-Master Of Puppets Cover and Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast) and i must say that the quality of these two well, err...suck. Those are genuine bootlegs like in the old days.
Dark Side... however, heard a few tracks and i really like what i hear. Much better than the previous ones and getting close to a 'real' live-albums. Also they will release a DVD of that concert, which was by the way in London, sadly enough not were i was in Amsterdam.  :( But that beside the point.  ;)

On their site www.ytsejamrecords.com you can find all the details and also the other series, which are the Demo series (red), Live series (purple), Studio series (green) and finally the already mentioned Cover series (blue)

Greetz,

M.

Oehe and ehm, by the way:

NP> The Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel

Track: The Unorthodox Dancinglesson

;D

willowroolz

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2006-05-02, 20:26:06
Bout time  ;)

What do you think of it mate ? I personally think it is a stormer - the Steven gerrard of the prog metal midfield if you will 
I think it's excellent  ;D

Reminds me a lot of Porcupine Tree, which is a damn good thing, imo  8)

Excellent musicians, and I think his voice is great, too  :)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2006-05-03, 13:05:29Well, i also have the Cover-series of them (Metallica-Master Of Puppets Cover and Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast) and i must say that the quality of these two well, err...suck. Those are genuine bootlegs like in the old days.
Dark Side... however, heard a few tracks and i really like what i hear. Much better than the previous ones and getting close to a 'real' live-albums. Also they will release a DVD of that concert, which was by the way in London, sadly enough not were i was in Amsterdam.  :( But that beside the point.  ;)

On their site www.ytsejamrecords.com you can find all the details and also the other series, which are the Demo series (red), Live series (purple), Studio series (green) and finally the already mentioned Cover series (blue)

Greetz,

M.

Hmm that sounds cool. I'm lightly interested, but I think this is more some sort of collector's item. I'm not really a fan of Pink Floyd and I'm not sure if I can call myself a Dream Theater fan either. But I LOVE Octavarium by the way. (I give it a spin once in a while, and my dad liked it too!  :))
My dad on the other hand, LOVES Pink Floyd.

So maybe you can give me a 'where-to-start' for Pink Floyd? My dad had their whole discography once.
He gave them to my uncle a lot of years ago but much to his regret now. My uncle gave my dad a DVD full of Pink Floyd's discography in mp3 (two weeks ago), so he was very thankful. And so am I. Well, that is, if YOU can tell me which album to listen to and which can be unlistened.

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2006-05-03, 13:05:29Oehe and ehm, by the way:

NP> The Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel

Track: The Unorthodox Dancinglesson

;D
LOL, you'd almost forgot. ;)

Now playing... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!! You almost got me there mate! This ain't the Now Playing Thread! :D :D :D

Nooooo indeed.
This is the what did you buy topic!
Yessss.

I just got an e-mail (a few minutes ago) from my favourite alternative music store. They still got 'Testimony (Limited Edition)' and 'Testimony Live' DVD!!! But one big problem... together it costs 56,90 euros... Ohhh men... And last week I already bought 'One' and '?', which costed me around 40 euros...
Which means THAT (when I'm gonna buy this (and I will)) I ALREADY SPEND MY SALARY!!!

Men.... I'll be very very dizzy when I give away so much money... I'm not even sure my debit card can handle it... I could use some donations, you can PM me if you're interested.

Ahhh well.

Quote from: willowroolz on Wed, 2006-05-03, 15:35:10I think it's excellent  ;D

Reminds me a lot of Porcupine Tree, which is a damn good thing, imo  8)

Excellent musicians, and I think his voice is great, too  :)

Ahh yes, Riverside. Sounds like Opeth. They're both good! But I think Opeth has more grunts. So I'll like Riverside better. ;)
But Second Life Syndrome is a good one! I hope you'll enoy it! ;)

willowroolz

PH, I don't know what the quality of the cd/dvd is like yet (mine are on the way) but I can tell you that, having been at the gig at Hammersmith Odeon, DT's version of DSotM was absolutely awesome   :o

I actually thought the Cover Series release of Number of the Beast was excellent, so if Mad says this one is better then it should be great  :)