News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Drinking/Eating Thread

Started by PH, Sat, 2005-10-08, 19:49:59

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

I'm enjoying a Magnum Classic right now. Why does everything that is bad for you taste so good? :D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-04-15, 19:45:01
I'm enjoying a Magnum Classic right now. Why does everything that is bad for you taste so good? :D

Tom

For a moment I thought you were referring to "On A Storyteller's Night". ;D

PH

I just had a coffee (with the necessary additions) and one of those little chocolate eggs.

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2009-04-15, 19:57:30
For a moment I thought you were referring to "On A Storyteller's Night". ;D

;D ;D ;D

Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Steve Jones

Ugh!  Yorkshire tea! :(

Having run out of my preferred Twinings it looks like I shall have to put up with something that tastes like it's been filtered through a rugby league player's jock-strap, at least until some shopping can be done later.

Could be worse, I suppose.  It could be Earl Grey :o
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Steve Jones

At last!  A decent cup of Twinings English Breakfast Tea, with a plateful of ham and salad cream sandwiches to go with it.

A few more cups should take away the lingering after-taste of that Yorkshire stuff from this morning...
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-04-17, 09:12:32
Could be worse, I suppose.  It could be Earl Grey :o

Alright I admit.
I often drink Earl Grey.

Can you give me the reasons for the yuck-ness?

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2009-04-17, 16:34:23
Alright I admit. I often drink Earl Grey.

I think that's because it's normally thrown into Boston harbour and left to soak for an hour before being pulled out again.  Dead fish and larger excreta are then filtered off before it's lightly perfumed to disguise the almost total lack of similarity to tea.  I'm told it's quite popular in the Americas, but then so is Bud ;D

Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2009-04-17, 16:34:23
Alright I admit.
I often drink Earl Grey.

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-04-17, 16:43:24
I think that's because it's normally thrown into Boston harbour and left to soak for an hour before being pulled out again.  Dead fish and larger excreta are then filtered off before it's lightly perfumed to disguise the almost total lack of similarity to tea.  I'm told it's quite popular in the Americas, but then so is Bud ;D

I believe this reaction was triggered when the esteemed-but-somewhat-overprotective-of-his-national-treasures Mr. Jones found out that Earl Grey was often consumed by certain green aquatic mammals in the rebellious colonies.
I do feel compelled to point out that colonial aquatic mammals of the proggish variety feel the same way about Bud as demonstrated above.   :P

On topic: Drinking the last of the orange juice and noticing that's I've become involuntarily vegetarian until I go shopping.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Fri, 2009-04-17, 22:29:21
On topic: Drinking the last of the orange juice and noticing that's I've become involuntarily vegetarian until I go shopping.

Surely that would be fruitatarian? ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-04-17, 22:39:51
Surely that would be fruitatarian? ;)

Alas, no snappy reply comes to mind, but after the OJ, I'm also out of fruit, although I do have some vegetable matter in the freezer, which I've heard described by some as "food'.

Steve Jones

My first cup of 'national treasure' of the day *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Toasted & buttered rolls.  Tea with no milk as we've run out >:(
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

It should go without saying, since I'm up and conversing with you folks at this hour (still no sign of the accursed sun, fortunately), but I'm having a pint of Guinness.   *horns*

Steve Jones

Perhaps I should convert to GMT?  (Guinness-Manatee Time)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2009-04-19, 10:33:49
Perhaps I should convert to GMT?  (Guinness-Manatee Time)

I'd welcome that, but unless you're self-employed, it could cause you some difficulties with work.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-04-19, 10:36:11
I'd welcome that, but unless you're self-employed, it could cause you some difficulties with work.

The main difficulty is that I couldn't even be bothered to go down to the shop this morning to get milk, and I'm equally out of beer :'(
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2009-04-19, 10:39:49
The main difficulty is that I couldn't even be bothered to go down to the shop this morning to get milk, and I'm equally out of beer :'(

The only reason I'm armed with Guinness is that I was out of both alcohol AND food (not counting random things that may or may not still be edible).  Armed with those dual motivations and buoyed by afternoon victories by both the Mets and the Rangers (hockey), I sallied forth.  I recently saw an old comedy special by the comedienne Rita Rudner in which she states that single men don't really live like people, they live like bears with furniture.  Sadly, she's even more correct than she thought.   :-[

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-04-19, 10:45:23
The only reason I'm armed with Guinness is that I was out of both alcohol AND food (not counting random things that may or may not still be edible).  Armed with those dual motivations and buoyed by afternoon victories by both the Mets and the Rangers (hockey), I sallied forth.  I recently saw an old comedy special by the comedienne Rita Rudner in which she states that single men don't really live like people, they live like bears with furniture.  Sadly, she's even more correct than she thought.   :-[

Ah, but on the up sode you can do whatever you want whenever you want to do it.

Nicky007

Ms and I had an excellent supper at Vegegården, a 100% veggie Chinese restaurant in Malmö. They make copies of meat staples using soya, seitan and other well-known substances, and they have great spicy sauces.

The restaurant is run by a Buddhist family from a part of Shanghai that has upheld these traditions for generations. Interesting !

I definitely recommend Vegegården, if you pass by Malmö  *horns*

Arriving home, I had a Guinness while we watched Aki Kaurismäki's The Man Without Memory, a Finnish movie. Finns sure are special  ::) ;D

Now I'm going on NYT to find out what to make of it ...

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me