News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

FROST

Started by PH, Fri, 2005-09-30, 08:29:59

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2009-02-05, 21:26:51
;D Let's leave that up to Jem, I'm sure that he has found a great drummer for the tour.

Apparently Alex (what's in a name  ;D) Thomas is a good friend of Andy Edwards.
It seems that he searched and found his own replacement.

By the looks of it he's good.

But anyone who can play drums and does that better than me, usually is.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2009-02-05, 21:40:10
anyone who can play drums and does that better than me, usually is.

Hey, I can play drums, as long as it's in 4/4. Does that make me a good drummer? ;) ;D

Seriously though, I think the new guy is a very good drummer! Indeed a bit jazzy, just like Andy Edwards. I hope he fits in well in the madness that is Frost*!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Funny.

Both you Tom and you Paco talk about Jazzy drummer but when i listen to either Milliontown or EIMA i can't hear any jazz in the drum-work.

How odd.  :-\

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-02-06, 20:07:11
Funny.

Both you Tom and you Paco talk about Jazzy drummer but when i listen to either Milliontown or EIMA i can't hear any jazz in the drum-work.

No, but Andy IS a jazzy drummer. Take a look at his weblog for example.

johninblack

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-02-06, 20:07:11
Funny.

Andy himself would tell you that he is much more at home as a jazz drummer. The fact you can't hear that in his playing is an indication of how good he is.

The Butterfly Man

Head over to http://www.myspace.com/planetfrost, there is a new song to be heard!!! It's called 'The Forget You Song' and it's a leftover from the EIMA-sessions I believe!

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sat, 2009-05-09, 22:48:29
Head over to http://www.myspace.com/planetfrost, there is a new song to be heard!!! It's called 'The Forget You Song' and it's a leftover from the EIMA-sessions I believe!

Tom

Yep, you're right.
I've read that this song and a few other songs will be released on an EP later this year.
Don't know if the rumour is true or not.

The Butterfly Man

Head over to http://www.myspace.com/planetfrost, there is a great live-version of Pocket Sun to be heard, recorded last week at RoSFest!!!

Tom

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-05-11, 17:31:51
Head over to http://www.myspace.com/planetfrost, there is a great live-version of Pocket Sun to be heard, recorded last week at RoSFest!!!

Tom

You probably mean Wonderland!

What an excellent version!

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-05-11, 17:49:32
You probably mean Wonderland!

Ha, funny! I was listening to Pocket Sun on my iPod while I was typing that post, so that got me a bit confused I guess. Of course I meant Wonderland! :D

It's quite good, isn't it? 8)

Tom

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-05-11, 17:58:51
Ha, funny! I was listening to Pocket Sun on my iPod while I was typing that post, so that got me a bit confused I guess. Of course I meant Wonderland! :D

It's quite good, isn't it? 8)

Tom

Yes! It's wonderlandful!

The Butterfly Man

A large chunk of Black Light Machine live from RoSFest is up as well on www.myspace.com/planetfrost

And this is what Jem said on the Frost*-forum about a live-album release...

Well, the live album is about 50% finished and sounding jolly good I must say considering it's my first attempt at a live album. There's about 1 hour 45 of material -

Intro
Hyperventilate
The Forget You Song
Falling Down
EIMA
Black Light Machine
Milliontown
Saline
No Me No You
Snowman
The Other Me
Pocket Sun
Wonderland
Dear Dead Days

Obviously only so much of this will fit on a CD so there'll be a limited edition CD for sale at the Dream Theater gigs much like we did with Spock's last year that will have the tracks that don't get on the main live album plus hopefully a couple of other goodies if there's time.

The main CD will also have a 45 minute Frost report on an accompanying DVD. There'll also be 4, possibly 5 extra Frost B-sides like The Forget You Song, 1976, New World and so on and will be available from Inside Out and all the usual places.

So all in all, it should be a properly Frosty summer! :D

Great news or what!? *horns*

Tom

PH

maddox

Oooh, blimey. That's lovely.   *horns* *horns* *horns*

PH

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2009-05-24, 22:44:18
JJ is no longer among the frosted:

http://thenewcube.blogspot.com/2009/01/change.html

:'(

I guess he couldn't stand the freezing cold and just wanted out. I can understand that, especially since he's bald...

But bad news indeed! :(

Tom

maddox

Given the fact that he's about to be busy with IQ i can't blame him.
It's a shame though.

The Butterfly Man

Here's an update of all things Frost* by Jem on his MySpace blog:

Well, here we go. Summer's done and off we go once again into the land of cold, dark, ice and frost. So it's not all bad then! Ark ark...

We're currently getting started on finishing the mixes to The Philadelphia Experiment which we hope to have ready for sale by Christmas. The CD will feature as much of the gig as we can fit into 80 minutes. The accompanying DVD will feature the full 105 minute show in WAV format so you can load it onto your i-device and enjoy the whole thing as it happened. There will also be a 42 minute documentary on the DVD that charted the course of our prep for the gig and some other wee treats. So lots of fun to be had if you pick up a copy, which if you did, it would be very lovely of you. Ta.

As of this time, we've also parted company with InsideOut. Our deal was for 2 albums and after a lot of very amicable chats we both decided that our paths lay in different directions going forwards. So as of this moment, Frost is an independent entity although we are looking into some distributions options for the live album. More news on that in due course.

Elsewhere, myself, John Mitchell, Andy Edwards and/or Nathan King are playing a small number of shows in November under the moniker of "An Esoteric Evening With Two J's And An A". We'll be trawling our back catalogues and playing a bunch of stuff that needs to be heard frankly. We're looking to head over to Cardiff and up to Birmingham to play, but the first show we can announce is at The Peel on Nov 7th 2009. Check out http://peelmuzik.webeden.co.uk for more details.

Then in 2010, I'm planning on doing a few solo gigs most likely in the form of support slots for other bands. I've got a lot of mad stuff planned for that and may well have some new faces for you to meet as well...

But what about Frost 3 I hear you saying. Well, not being signed anymore means a lot more than maybe it first appears to the casual thoughtster. The world really is our oyster now and the sky is literally the limit. First off though, I have to move house. I'm leaving East Sussex and heading to Bath, a place I've always loved. Once there, I need to set up a new studio which could take some time and indeed, the whole moving process could take anything up to a year to happen, maybe more. So there's much to be done twixt now and then.

After that though...

Tom

Iggy

Saw Frost last Friday and they were as good as ever. Well worth seeing live if you get the opportunity.

Iggy

PH

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2011-09-26, 18:33:19
http://jemgodfrey.blogspot.com/2011/09/where-were-we.html

Yay Frost* are coming back

I knew it.
I didn't believe that hiatus stuff Jem told us.

PH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5mIWv81Bw

Is it really happening? Is it really going to be? (Is it really going to last?)

This YouTube Frost Report reminded me of eagerly awaiting the release of the EIMA album.
Jem is sooooo funny. I love the little bloke.
Anyone else who cannot wait for Frost* #3?

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2012-09-22, 20:17:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5mIWv81Bw

Is it really happening? Is it really going to be? (Is it really going to last?)

This YouTube Frost Report reminded me of eagerly awaiting the release of the EIMA album.
Jem is sooooo funny. I love the little bloke.

Yeah, he's funny.

But he's also weird.
Can't make his mind up if he's going to put Frost* on ice or eternal sleep or just make music until the end of (his) time.

I'm glad that he's working on some material again, I really enjoy listening to the first two albums.

bellanova

Frost are supporting It Bites at the Scala, London in December. I have my ticket already so that will be good.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2012-09-22, 20:17:57
Yep, me 8). I remember I found 'Milliontown' so refreshing, different after hearing it at first. Love it  *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)