News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

FROST

Started by PH, Fri, 2005-09-30, 08:29:59

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Sat, 2008-02-09, 16:07:15
The forum is going strong HERE.. Jem killed himself at 998 posts but has been reincarnated and everything is more insane than ever.....

:o :o :o :o :o

I'VE BEEN BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Or lets say that somebody deleted my account.  :(
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

marcello

I think I'm slightly addicted to Frost*

I'm just insanley anticipating this new album

Black Light Machine is my most played song on iTunes!
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

marcello

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2008-02-09, 16:58:05
:o :o :o :o :o

I'VE BEEN BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Or lets say that somebody deleted my account.  :(

That is shocking  :o

Can you think of any reason why they'd ban you? Save all the confusion, just make a new account, I may register on the Frost* forum soon, but don't worry, I wont forget about you guys!
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

marcello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjF3DvbOH5c

WOWOWOW

This is some more amazing stuff from Jem, he's talking about the Black Light Machine solo... I'm pretty sure he used this exact thing on the album, although he confesses right at the end there was "just one bum note!!"

Nonetheless its flipping FANTASTICAI

maddox

Quote from: marcello on Sun, 2008-02-10, 11:28:55
That is shocking  :o

Can you think of any reason why they'd ban you? Save all the confusion, just make a new account, I may register on the Frost* forum soon, but don't worry, I wont forget about you guys!

Well, i probably weren't banned at all but someone incidentally or on purpose deleted my account when they changed to a new forum.  :-\
I already created a new account and posted some replies. See what happens.
I get the message if they have deleted me again.  :D

johninblack

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-02-10, 17:38:05
Well, i probably weren't banned at all but someone incidentally or on purpose deleted my account when they changed to a new forum.  :-\
I already created a new account and posted some replies. See what happens.
I get the message if they have deleted me again.  :D

When the forum moved everyone had to rejoin.

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2008-02-10, 17:44:54

When the forum moved everyone had to rejoin.

So that's what went wrong.
They could've send an email for that.   :-\
But having said that, it's not really a problem since i hardly ever posted there.

Thanks, John.  ;)

PH

Awesome movies on www.thenewcube.blogspot.com
Check them out!!
It's got li'l Johnny on it! ;)

-Paco

maddox

Why does it take a million years for the forum to pop up?  :-\  ???

PH

All you John Mitchell lovers (you know who you are), head over to http://thenewcube.blogspot.com/ to see some Johnny action.

Perhaps not the action you had hoped for, but it's still good!

-Paco

The Butterfly Man

I figured it's about time to bring back the life in this topic, since Experiments In Mass Appeal is on it's way and Frost* is on the road again as the support act of Spock's Beard.

Maybe some of us, at least Iggy and me, have seen (or will see) them this tour, so this is the place to post your comments. I know I enjoyed the gig immensely. The guys put on a great show. You could clearly see they were having fun on stage. But the main thing of course is the music, which was great as well. The new songs really sound superb. Some great guitarplaying by 'our' Johnny, but that's not surprising at all or is it? ;)

Also bought the new cd with a couple of 'pre-release' versions from Experiments In Mass Appeal as well as some other stuff like an acoustic version of Snowman from the previous album and some other outtakes. That'll keep me satisfied until they finally release the new album, somewhere in October. :)

You can listen to 3 new songs here as well: www.myspace.com/planetfrost

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2008-07-04, 11:20:08
I figured it's about time to bring back the life in this topic, since Experiments In Mass Appeal is on it's way and Frost* is on the road again as the support act of Spock's Beard.

Maybe some of us, at least Iggy and me, have seen (or will see) them this tour, so this is the place to post your comments. I know I enjoyed the gig immensely. The guys put on a great show. You could clearly see they were having fun on stage. But the main thing of course is the music, which was great as well. The new songs really sound superb. Some great guitarplaying by 'our' Johnny, but that's not surprising at all or is it? ;)

Also bought the new cd with a couple of 'pre-release' versions from Experiments In Mass Appeal as well as some other stuff like an acoustic version of Snowman from the previous album and some other outtakes. That'll keep me satisfied until they finally release the new album, somewhere in October. :)

You can listen to 3 new songs here as well: www.myspace.com/planetfrost

Tom

I couldn't get hold of the Cd so will have to wait.

The boys were great it's a shame they don't appeal to a wider audience.

I met John in the crowd while SB were on.

I should be in Birkenhead (centre of the known universe  ;D) around the end of September so hopefully will catch It Bites as well.

Teunis

I'll wait for the new FULL album. I hate EP's with previews from the new album and f.e. new versions of previous stuff, hoping that the 'real' fans want to buy all. Well, maybe I'm not a REAL fan, though I dig 'Milliontown'  *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

johninblack

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2008-07-05, 11:01:39
I'll wait for the new FULL album. I hate EP's with previews from the new album and f.e. new versions of previous stuff, hoping that the 'real' fans want to buy all. Well, maybe I'm not a REAL fan, though I dig 'Milliontown'  *horns*.

I get what you mean but this EP contains 3 tracks that will appear on the new album but the EP tracks are different mixes and in some cases have sections changed/removed you also get video of Snowman and Hyperventilate as done by Jem and Dec, Plus a very special  Frost* report that is probably the best yet.
Went to Islington and Leeds, both gigs were superb, Both bands gave 110% *horns*

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2008-07-13, 12:17:00
I get what you mean but this EP contains 3 tracks that will appear on the new album but the EP tracks are different mixes and in some cases have sections changed/removed you also get video of Snowman and Hyperventilate as done by Jem and Dec, Plus a very special  Frost* report that is probably the best yet.

Yeah the EP is great! Looking forward to the new album. I'm curious to find out what the differences are between the tracks on this EP and the album. If I remember correctly JM played a beautiful (lenghty) guitarsolo at the end of Experiments In Mass Appeal at the gigs that is not on the EP. Here's hoping they include it on the album...

Tom

PH

Well, it seems that Jem & Co. are releasing a Special edition with CD/DVD. On this DVD there's almost four hours of bonus material. Included are the best of the Frost* reports, the Christmas sessions Dec and Jem did and the ENTIRE ALBUM IN INSTRUMENTAL FORM!

You can read all of this (and more) on his weblog: http://www.thenewcube.blogspot.com

-Paco

The Butterfly Man

Check www.frostmusic.net guys, there's a nice preview waiting upon clicking the link.

Only a month left to wait now! *horns*

Tom

Teunis

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2008-10-24, 10:43:49
Check www.frostmusic.net guys, there's a nice preview waiting upon clicking the link.

Only a month left to wait now! *horns*

Tom
*horns* Already on my 'must buy' list. 'Milliontown' was so great  8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Yeah, the new "30 second Flash sample" is absolutely very cool! One month people, one month!

Can't wait for the four hour extras! 8)

-Paco

PH

Ok, the website is updated again!
It looks fantastic! And check the Toys section for great wallpapers and... music!!
Too bad, it's mostly mp3s we've heard already...

Anyway, great great great of course! ;D

-Paco

maddox

Hehe, i even got a PM today from a certain Jem.  :D

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-11-07, 21:16:48
Hehe, i even got a PM today from a certain Jem.  :D

Oooh, what was in it? :D

The Butterfly Man

Anyone got the new album already? I checked last Friday and Saturday but it wasn't in the stores yet. I'm so obsessed I think I'm gonna check again this afternoon. I must have it...NOW!! Grrr.

:D

Tom

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2008-11-17, 10:31:02
Anyone got the new album already? I checked last Friday and Saturday but it wasn't in the stores yet. I'm so obsessed I think I'm gonna check again this afternoon. I must have it...NOW!! Grrr.

:D

Tom

I pre-ordered it, and on the Frosties* forum they said that the CDs were sent out friday.
The official release date is today.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-11-17, 11:31:40
I pre-ordered it, and on the Frosties* forum they said that the CDs were sent out friday.
The official release date is today.

I know, but when releasedates are on monday, it's almost a certainty that the shops already have the album the friday before. This was obviously not the case this time, so I'm wondering when it'll be available.