News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Recommendations

Started by funkster, Thu, 2011-12-15, 14:55:27

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

I think i need a boost of metal or prog to blow away those winter pre Xmas blues so what should
i be spinning on Funkster's decks of death ?

The choice is yours 

PH

Whenever I feel down, I play as much A.C.T as I can. Not really metal, but quite proggy! I always jump around in the room and sing along. After that I feel always much better!

Something entirely different: Cloudkicker
You probably already heard about this (one man) band, but it's really cool music and he's released two EPs this year. These EPs are a bit more lightweight, but the heavy stuff really works well too. Not really something which makes you feel happy, but a great way to clear your mind, for sure.

Bupie

I would say Avantasia's Metal Opera Part I. It's really brilliant, uplifting and clever. And the Part II is great too with a killer 15 minutes epic entitled Seven Angels. Totally different from the "basic" metal of Edguy.

And if you search for something more prog, Angra's Temple Of Shadows or Rebirth would be my choices.

maddox

Haken's Visions.

It's beyond stunning!!  *horns*

Epic, orchestral, jazzy, metallish, proggy, symphonic are just a few keywords to discribe this band.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Funky, just play the groups on my little pantheon list  ;)

But OK, if you need somethin that kicks real ass, then once again: Keep of Kalessin !!!

After that, you'l dance around the Christmas tree the whole night, cuz your ass will be too sore for you to sit down  ;D

But if you still have a piece of unsore ass left, then Arcturus, Trivium, SyX (particularly Iconoclast), Opeth (particularly Ghost Reveries), Scar Symmetry, Protest the Hero, Emperor, and Dillinger Escape Plan can take care of that  :o

And guys, when you have a need for somethin new, then check up my pantheon list, that's what it's there for  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me