News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Twitter, anyone?

Started by maddox, Sat, 2011-04-23, 23:15:21

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Lately I've been sucked into this Social Media thingy called Twitter.
I have downloaded a few apps on my phone (twitter-clients), installed Tweetdeck on my pc, have an account at Hootsuite. ...

I'm lost!

Well, sort off. ;)

Now I'm wondering: have any of you lot in the Room a Twitter account?
Or you contribute anywhere else in the Social Media hype and just where do you share your daily business?

Or do you have any resentments towards this whole new hype?
Or plain simple: just hate it?

Now, that last thing is of course a bit tricky, because let's face it; If you hate it, then why are you a Citizen of the Room? ;)
Isn't a forum also a part of the Social Media?

Discuss!

If you want to first peek, then add, here's my (English, since of today I have two twitter accounts  :-[ :-[ :-[) twitter-page thingy: http://twitter.com/ytselex

Share your infinite wisdom with us.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2011-04-23, 23:15:21
Or you contribute anywhere else in the Social Media hype and just where do you share your daily business?

I'm on Facebook, GMail, and a handful of chatfora. I think I'l keep it at that for a while. I don't find much of interest on Facebook any longer, I use it mainly for pm's  :-\

Altho you guys drive me up the wall time and again, I seem to be returning all the time for more. There seems to be somethin of a masochist in me  ;D

One important thing, and now I'm serious: I prioritise my time sharply. I have Ms 007 and my family, and some close friendships that I nurture carefully. I'm conscious of what I can share with each of my close friends, and what I should leave out  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

I am on Facebook - so feel free to add duncan worman as a friend

Bupie

Hey, Funkster, I'll do that  ;) Which means that I am on facebook too but almost never go there (about twice a month, I would say). Last time was for the DT's new drummer buzz but at the time I had no other choice to watch the trailer.

No twitter account so far. One day, maybe  ::)

Teunis

Yeah, I'm on Twitter but only for following people/bands I find interesting. I don't tweet myself (often) ::).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Teunis

Draco chimera

I don't have a twitter account, and I'm not really into it. What scares me a bit about Twitter, is that many people use it - wel,, it's its purpose - to enter some kind of "i-say-any-thing-I-do", and most of the time I don't find it interesting. Also, it encourages quick messages, and people do not take time to think about what they're posting - which is in my opinion the difference bewteen Twitter, FB... and others and this forum. On a forum, you do interact - it's just not superficial -, and you have to take a moment and think about what you're writing.
I don't say Twitter is evil, that would be radical, but it's not my thing.
Let your conscience decide !

Teunis

In their latest tweet Arena promoted The Shattered Room. It will be very busy over here  *horns* ;).

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2011-10-22, 11:25:50
In their latest tweet Arena promoted The Shattered Room. It will be very busy over here  *horns* ;).

Great!!! Finally some noticing from 'above'. ;)

Deenfan

No twitter, no facebook.

Ahhhh..... 8)

maddox

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2012-01-24, 01:57:40
No twitter, no facebook.

Ahhhh..... 8)

Yeah, but you live in the north. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

Uhm... I thought that would make such mediums more relevant, as "virtual" people are more in abundance than "actual" people! ;D