News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Dimmu Borgir

Started by funkster, Tue, 2010-09-21, 07:25:44

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

I have never really listened to them and as they have a new album out next week i wondered if i am missing out ?

Any recommendations ?

Nicky007

I have Death Cult Armageddon and I'm struggling with it. Somehow neither the music nor the lyrics really grip me  :-\

I went out on Amazon to read reviews on the DB albums, and the more intelligent reviewers seemed to recom DCA.

It seems rather Satanic to me, so that holds me back.

Here in Scandinavia I occasionally see a DB-fan. They'r easily recognisable, as they'r entirely black except for their skin color. On their clothes they usually have "Dimmu Borgir" and the group's symbols and stuff. These kids are quite young, usually 14-24 y/o, so I take it that DB aint quite for my generation.

Honestly, Funky, I think you'r better off with Gojira, who are more for mature minds, by all means "music for the thinking wo/man."

But you might have a different take on all this .....  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

Cheers for that Nicky

I do like a bit of different stuff so maybe i can get something from them. Anything satanic just makes me giggle really as it seem so juvienille  ;)