News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Lunatic Soul

Started by Manatee, Sun, 2009-09-20, 03:35:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

I just discovered that this was the solo project of the holy man who leads Riverside, so I'm fairly sure I want to buy it.  I've noticed a couple people here have it and play it, but I can't find any discussion about it.  Would anyone care to give their impressions of the album?
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

maddox

All you ever wanted to know about Lunatic Soul but was afraid to ask.  ;)

Nah, just kiddin'.  :D

Don't expect something Riverside-ish here, Manatee.
Though there are some tiny elements in it that might be considered Riverside-ish, it's quite different.
More a bit dark ambient, with some world music-thingy's in it and even some eastern influences. I personally like it a lot.

It's mainly a solo project though the keyboard player of Riverside assists him in some tracks.
There are also guest performances of members of Indukti and Quidam.

Hope this helps a bit.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2009-09-20, 12:39:39
All you ever wanted to know about Lunatic Soul but was afraid to ask.  ;)

Nah, just kiddin'.  :D

Don't expect something Riverside-ish here, Manatee.
Though there are some tiny elements in it that might be considered Riverside-ish, it's quite different.
More a bit dark ambient, with some world music-thingy's in it and even some eastern influences. I personally like it a lot.

It's mainly a solo project though the keyboard player of Riverside assists him in some tracks.
There are also guest performances of members of Indukti and Quidam.

Hope this helps a bit.

It does, thanks, Mad!

I think I may take an English punt at this one just because I think the man is so talented, he can probably do good things with a variety of genres.  Maybe I'll get Insurgentes along with it and have the battle of the genius solo albums.  ;D
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"