News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

I went to my record shop to buy the new Subsignal album which was released today, unfortunately not available yet. It's a from a small label, have to be patient.

Instead I bought Muse - Drones. Ordered it on 22th April at WOW HD, still no sign. Fortunately I paid via PayPal, they got me the money back.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Today I got "Molok" by Gazpacho. Haven't had the time to listen to it yet. Will do in a few minutes as I go to bed. And then some more next (early) morning when I'm at work.

Also made myself happy by getting me the album collection boxset by ELO. Which has all the studio albums up to and including "Balance Of Power"! I'm looking forward to the new album that's coming out next month (more of a Jeff Lynne solo album now, I guess). And apart from "A New World Record", "Out Of The Blue" and "Time", I haven't really heard any other albums (just the odd track here and there). So I'll investigate, and probably end up buying "Zoom" (and perhaps even "Xanadu") too, just to make my collection complete. It's sad, I know.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2015-10-30, 21:40:02
Today I got "Molok" by Gazpacho. Haven't had the time to listen to it yet. Will do in a few minutes as I go to bed. And then some more next (early) morning when I'm at work.
Don't expect to like it at first listening, it's a grower. Curious what your thoughts are. Will follow the 'now playing' thread ;).

Quote from: PH
Also made myself happy by getting me the album collection boxset by ELO. Which has all the studio albums up to and including "Balance Of Power"! I'm looking forward to the new album that's coming out next month (more of a Jeff Lynne solo album now, I guess). And apart from "A New World Record", "Out Of The Blue" and "Time", I haven't really heard any other albums (just the odd track here and there). So I'll investigate, and probably end up buying "Zoom" (and perhaps even "Xanadu") too, just to make my collection complete. It's sad, I know.
I'm also an ELO fan. I have an older brother who made me a fan I guess :). 'Out Of The Blue' is still my favourite album. Looking forward to the new release too.

Teunis

Tomorrow I'll pick up the Mystery album 'Delusion Rain'. Just got a mail that it has arrived. Although I've heard it about 5 times so far by headphones and really dig it, it's always exciting to play it the first time on the stereo system 8).

maddox

Vanden Plas ~ Chronicles of the Immortals: Netherworlds prt II

Nothing has changed in this German camp and that what makes it so good.
A solid, nothing new under the sun, Vanden Plas release.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2015-11-20, 22:42:14
Vanden Plas ~ Chronicles of the Immortals: Netherworlds prt II
Heard this once on Allstreaming.com. Not bad at all indeed :).

Bought the new Agent Fresco album 'Destrier' at yesterday's gig. I had only heard it on Spotify.

PH

A few days ago I bought the new album by Subsignal. I'm listening now and so far not disappointed. Is it just me or is this album a bit heavier than the previous one?

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2015-12-26, 10:55:46
A few days ago I bought the new album by Subsignal. Is it just me or is this album a bit heavier than the previous one?
Agreed, it's definitely heavier than 'Paraiso', but the album before that one called 'Touchstones' is even heavier than the new one. 'Paraiso' is my favourite Subsignal album but like them all, great band *horns*.

PH

I must admit that after listening to "Beacons..." for a while I switched to "Paraiso" which is such a catchy album! Have only heard these two albums but really like "Paraiso" a lot. One of my favourites of 2013.

Like I said: not disappointed with the new album but I think the previous one is hard to top.

PH

Today two albums entered the house.

Steven Wilson - "4½"

Casualties Of Cool - "Casualties Of Cool"

The SW album is a so called 'interim album'. HCE was a pretty decent album, and I expect this one to be on a high level as well.
The Casualties Of Cool album is in fact a Devin Townsend album. Pretty cool stuff indeed. I've seen it described as haunted ambient country music. I cannot disagree on that. It's originally a 2014 album and was only available as import, with of course high costs. This is the 2016 reissue of the 2-disc edition and accompanied by an extra dvd with a live concert.
Cool 8)

Teunis

Just bought the Damian Wilson & Adam Wakeman album 'Weir Keeper's Tale'. I find Damian one of the best prog (metal) singers, easy choice 8).

PH

My latest purchase is:

Dream Theater - "The Astonishing"

The artwork and everything looks pretty good. Probably listen to it tonight and tomorrow.

PH

Today Beardfish entered my Prog shrine. For only a few bucks I now have most of their discography.
And yes, I also completed my Gazpacho collection. :) I can die a happy man now. ;D

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2016-02-19, 23:09:42
And yes, I also completed my Gazpacho collection. :) I can die a happy man now. ;D
8), great album. As I remember correctly there's a bonus track on the new edition. That means my collection isn't complete anymore ;). Do I miss something?

I bought 'Magnolia' from The Pineapple Thief yesterday. Impressed by this album at first listening, about time that I bought it.

And finally the Arena DVD 'XX' was available at my record shop *horns*.

PH

Well, I couldn't resist it any longer. I bought the "XX" live DVD by Arena.
Now to find the time to watch it.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2016-03-10, 22:39:18
Well, I couldn't resist it any longer. I bought the "XX" live DVD by Arena.
Now to find the time to watch it.
And, watched it yet?  ;)

Bought the Comedy Of Errors album 'Spirit' this afternoon. I already heard it and found it that good that I had to buy it 8).

Teunis

Steve Thorne - Island Of The Imbeciles was delivered today.

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2016-03-19, 21:14:35
And, watched it yet?  ;)

Yes! But not all of it. The setlist is really cool (Moviedrome YAY!), and the musicianship is very good too. I really like Paul Manzi's voice, I hope he's here to stay for a loooooooong time. He can do the Wrightson songs and the Sowden songs without problems and still sound like himself. Stage presence can be a bit cheesy though. ::) (nothing changed there... ;D)

So there's nothing wrong with the musicians and the songs, and the atmosphere seems to be really good too.
But... Camera work and lights and the whole package feels a bit unprofessional to me, which is a shame... :( In my opinion, this band deserves much much much more!

Steve Jones

Just arrived:
Blind Ego Mirror
Symphony X Underworld
Katatonia Tonight's Decision

Should keep me amused for some while...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

PH

The first two you mentioned are fantastic! Don't know the third one.

Blind Ego is gonna release their (his) third album.
But I still need to give "Numb" a proper listen.

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2016-04-08, 15:29:27
But I still need to give "Numb" a proper listen.

I'm hooked on "Numb" and am hoping "Mirror" will give me the same thrills!
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Circus Maximus - Havoc
Leprous - Coal
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Nice purchases there Steve!
I know I will get Circus Maximus one day!
But now I've bought this:

A.C.T - "Trifles And Pandemonium" DVD

I've got nothing to do this evening, so it's time to A.C.T!

Steve Jones

Enchant Live At Last - completes my Enchant collection 8)
Leaves' Eyes Symphonies of the Night - my first from this band, purchase prompted simply by the news of line-up change.
Regards, Steve Jones