News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Bargain! (Prog Shopping Channel)

Started by Steve Jones, Sat, 2008-05-17, 14:38:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-06-19, 17:10:16
I live in the wrong country.  :-\

At the moment, I want to live in a country, where the entire King Crimson catalog is on sale for 14 cents.  I definitely want to dive into the Belew waters, and I've been scanning Amazon prices for a good time to strike.  It's something else to occupy my time whilst I wait for the pound to dollar ratio to come down to something that won't make an investment in the 2-disc Racket Records version of Marbles akin to buying Manhattan real estate.   :o
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-06-19, 17:10:16
I live in the wrong country.  :-\

Don't Amazon do bargain basement deals down your way?  Being a tight b*st*ard, scouring the cheap pages has become pretty much my main hobby these days ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-06-19, 18:29:58
Don't Amazon do bargain basement deals down your way?  Being a tight b*st*ard, scouring the cheap pages has become pretty much my main hobby these days ;D

Actually, i'm sure they will.

I've never tried that. It prolly might work.
The only international bank transfer i ever make is when i pay for my membership for VoicesUK (UK Dream Theater fanclub).

I could use the credit card but i only tend to use it in case of emergency.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

Lately I've been so addicted to this Polish site, called Rocksewis.

The prices are pretty cheap and their service is quite good, though it's doesn't come very handy that the invoice is solely in Polish, as well are the prices.

On their site you can also see what the price is in Euro's (click English version) and they have a pretty decent bunch of good prog albums and classics.
And as I already mentioned: They're quite cheap!

The new Lunatic Soul album for instance.
I bought it for a 'lousy' €8.30 euro's!

And you can pay by Paypal as well.  :)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.