News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Fan Club

Started by Moonloop, Thu, 2005-02-03, 12:37:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

I used to be a Cage member but let it expire. I'm now looking to rejoin (feel the need to buy the 2 of the 4 exclusive CDs I don't have) but the site is down for 'technical reasons' and has been for a couple of weeks. Any idea when the problem's going to be resolved..?? (hurry before my wife realises I've got spare cash in my back pocket ;) )

Thanks  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

Well, the site is still up, as far as I can see. If I understand everything correctly, they're in the process of rearranging the membership modus. The shop doesn't contain the Fan Club CDs, but I'm pretty sure, they will be available through Verglas at some time.

Marcel, take over, please ;)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Moonloop

Yeah, apologies, I meant the part of the site dealing with membership  :-[

Appelmoes??

I've had a problem to with becoming a member. I mailed the site, but never got an answer back. I really wanted to join because there was some kind of offer if I remember correctly. (Getting cage-albums with a membership waheey)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

marcelthecage

Hi!

The Cage is currently working on their new site. It will contain loads of 'old' articles and interviews starting in 1995 untill the present day. Membership is now free, that's why the membership shop is closed. Fanclub albums will be sold through the special Cage Shop for members only and for a special price. At this moment we are checking which of the Cage CD's will be sold there. I know the following albums are sold out: Welcome Back To The Stage and The Visitor Revisited. I know some copies of Unlocking The Cage are still in stock. I think this will be the only album avialable in the Shop. But we will put some MP3 downloadable as well from the former CD's. So it's worth while being a member!
Sorry we didn't reply to some of you, but we got about 600 entries in our new page, so that's why we couldn't reply to you all. Hopefully the first newsletter will go out next week with the password for the new site.

All the best!
Marcel
The Cage

Peter

We want ContagionMax!  :P  ;D

Appelmoes??

You mean contagion + the songs from contagious ans contagium?

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sun, 2005-02-06, 21:32:50
You mean contagion + the songs from contagious ans contagium?
Yes, Clive did a mix of the album that contains all the additional tracks, all at their specific place in the album.

Appelmoes??

I made my own from the album and the two 'extra's' 8)

Or are there extra's on Clive's mix?

My drawings on MySpace

HeJePi

Honestly, when you like a band, you wish to have as much music as possible from that band right ?  8)

Sometimes I feel very frustrated by the 'Fan Club CDs' :(

Take the example of Dream Theater, they released FC CD since 1996, how can a fan who discovered them in 2002 can have access to these past FC releases that are of course Out of Print and extremely rare ? You can find them on eBay sometimes and can fetch a price of US$ 50, 100, 150 ? This is insane. Of course you can settle for CDr copies, but you always have the bad taste in your mouth that you didn't pay the artist for their work.

On the other side and another band like Threshold released also some FC CDs and are freely available to anybody. No need to pay to have the right to purchase. 'Decadent' also has be re-released in 2003 because it was sold out. I have them all ;D

I wish Arena will follow Threshold path concerning their FC CD, make them available to a maximum of fans possible ...

Concerning the 'Contagion - Max', who will buy a second copy of Contagion - Contagium - Contagious ? Honestly, not me, I think it is a perfect waste of money ::) I do not own a money tree !
'... And if it's hope that dies last, Why do all us hopeless still live.' eVeron - Flesh.

Appelmoes??

I'd buy on. I'll just give my old copy's away as birthday presents and hopefully make a new fan :)

My drawings on MySpace

Moonloop

Quote from: HeJePi on Tue, 2005-02-15, 06:19:33

I wish Arena will follow Threshold path concerning their FC CD, make them available to a maximum of fans possible ...

Concerning the 'Contagion - Max', who will buy a second copy of Contagion - Contagium - Contagious ? Honestly, not me, I think it is a perfect waste of money ::) I do not own a money tree !

It's certainly a tricky area, finding a band you like only to realise some of their work is unavailable - do you make do with copies..?? Pay over the odds on Ebay..?? Wait for reissues..?? There's no easy solution and it's hard to be told that "you should have discovered them earlier". On the other hand, for the people who did, it's good to have some items which are collectible.  ;D

Thinks it's personal choice with Contagion Max. I'll get it simply because although I bought the EPs, I very rarely play them and I 'd like to hear the piece as it was originally intended - anyway, maybe it'll be a slightly different mix  ;)

gelert

Quote from: HeJePi on Tue, 2005-02-15, 06:19:33
I do not own a money tree !

I can sell you one, if you want...

Cash-up-front, of course...!

;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Spad

Quote from: marcelthecage on Sun, 2005-02-06, 20:24:52
I know the following albums are sold out: Welcome Back To The Stage and The Visitor Revisited.

.... does anybody have them and want to sell them??????
I'm an old fan, since 1995.... but I get into "The Cage" just the last year.... I WANT THE FIRST TWO FC CDs !!!!!!!!!  :'( HELP ME!!!!

Spad.
Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.