News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Lorelei

Started by JJ II, Wed, 2007-07-18, 14:35:32

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

Anyone going to the Lorelei festival this weekend?

Wit Pendragon, IQ, Fish, Jethro Tull and the original line-up of Asia, there's much to enjoy!

Micha

Me! And sadly the last chance for me to see IQ with Martin Orford  :(

Michael

JJ II

Yeah, glad I have tickets...

Last time to see IQ in this line-up, firsttime to see Asia in this line-up.

It will be memorable!

Teunis

Have fun, such great bands, wish I could be there.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Smegal

I was gonna come but i'm far too busy running the pub  :'(

BOLLOX!
MY PRECIOUS

JJ II

I posted this somewhere elso on this forum, but it mightbe more in place here:

The Lorelei: Such a legendary place (I heard Genesis played there on the Trick Tour and of course Marillion's Lorelei DVDwas recorded over there, I even have recordings of young U2 playing there!). And the weather was awesome!   8)

This weekend was a great birthday-gift. I think both Asia and Fish were real treats. IQ and Pendragon were great as well, but I had seem them recently already. IQ's set was really moving as it was Martin Oford's last gig in Europe for a long, long time. He will concentrate on releasing his solo material. EspeciallyIt all Stop's Here (the first thing Martin ever wrote) was very emotional to me.
Pendragon delivered firing set (on sunday), despite lack of sleep. I once again notice how young boy Crabtree brought new life to the band. I hope a new album will have the edge that Nick, Clive and Pete create with the help of young Joe on stage.   ;D

I was anxious to see Asia, since I'd never seen them in this line-up. I'd seen Wetton many times over the years, but due to 'bad habits' his performance deteriorated over the years. But now he's back! I feared lack of vocal-range and maybe a bit sluggish couple of old men, but I was completely wrong. Man this was good. Wetton's golden voice is back with incredible power and the quartet was fully on steam. They played a great set with a combination of the first Asia album and solo stuff. What a gig!

Fish had been walking around all day on Sunday. He watched some of Pendragon's set and the majority of Jethro Tull's (though very entertaining and very original, not entirely my cup of tea, this folk-rock). His own show was very good. His daugher (with video) and German ex-wife were on the first row. It was strange to see the man talking in public on this place to his ex-wife about their marriage, this week 20 years ago.
The Clutching material was awesome (yeah, we know he lost his range, but the spirit was there) and mixed well with some of his best solo-material and the new stuff. The new '13th star' material is dark and grooving. On first hearing I find it a bit weak on the melodic side and -a as result- a bit repetitive, but it has a lot of energy. I think this will be the heaviest Fish-album ever.   *horns*

Add to that: great scenery, beer with friends (Marc, Benny, IQ-lads, Nick and Rachel and the german girls). We missed Clive, since he went down to the village directly after the show....  :'(

Nicky007

Quote from: JJ II on Mon, 2007-07-23, 11:15:41
We missed Clive, since he went down to the village directly after the show....  :'(

JJ II, I'm guessing that the dots mean something with beer.  ;D

Thanks for your very interesting report of this concert. It's always enjoyable to hear how top groups and musicians like Fish, Jethro, IQ, Pendragon and Asia are faring. Somehow all of us proggies are one big family. Maybe it's because we really experience that we are at the forefront of musical evolution, or at least supporting those who are.

Also thanks for your recom of Thirteenth Star. I've been a big Fish fan all along the way, and now I know that I have to get this album.

Yeah, and Happy Birthday to you, JJ II, from me too. Hope you got thoroughly sloshed (otherwise it's not a proper birthday party).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me