News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Most unlikely band to do a prog album

Started by Constable Hogweed, Mon, 2005-01-31, 02:05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

stick the tail on a donkey blindfolded time hee hee

Bay City Rollers
2 (7.7%)
Genesis ( Yes i am being sarky)
7 (26.9%)
Hermans Hermits
0 (0%)
The Spice girls
16 (61.5%)
The 1910 Fruitgum Company
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Constable Hogweed

Ok the fact that these bands don't exist anymore is no excuse. ;D  ;)

Moonloop

I'd have voted for Status Quo  :D

Unless of course you class their entire 40 odd year career as being a (3 chord) concept..!!

(that wasn't a p*** take btw, I do own up to a fondness for the old geezers)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Constable Hogweed

Yea they are good geezers the Quo.  :)

Three chord concept career LoL.  ;D

Draddi

Well, there are several ones that come to my mind immediately:

- Metallica: Because there is not enough money to earn in Prog and the production level in Prog is too high for them (St. Anger ? Get serious Dudes)... ;D
- Robbie Williams: Because showing your barenaked Ass is not considered stylish on a prog stage
- Eminem: Because Prog requires good ideas and covering old Martika songs is not a good idea...

The Bay City Rollers was a nice one Constable, Respect man !  ;)

Xanxtuary

Well, since Vixen Beckham is a bit lacking in direction of late, how about a Spice Girls reunion, in which the girls do an awesome triple CD concept about how difficult it is to get a new career going once they disbanded. 

Besides, they were good PR for the platform sole, a style which I adore, and which sadly has gone out of favour, just like the girls themselves!

Or ... how about the Nolan Sisters reforming?  They could do a concept about the Joyous Heights of Being whilst wearing Platforms!
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

keyboardistmatt

I voted for the Spice Girls.

Although they aren't the most unlikely band to do a prog album... It is impossible that they will do a prog album!  They have next-to-no musical savvy, so how are they going to do a prog album?  They probably don't know what a concept album IS! They probably don't even know what the word 'Concept' means!!
...And they can hardly be regarded as a band now, can they!! 

A band (in this context, NOT a rubber band/elastic band etc...) is a group of people who play instruments, If I'm not mistaken.
The Spice Girls were a group of dancers, who happened to sing... (and I have my doubts about that as well!)  Damn, they don't even write their own stuff. (That's done by Stannard/Rowe, BTW.  Credit to them, they are the ones that put pen to paper.)  The Spice Girls just danced to it! >:(

Why, oh why, did the world have to put up with that?
Because it makes us all appreciate REAL music alot more! :)

Thankyou. ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

keyboardistmatt

...Also, the Bay City Rollers are highly unlikely to do a prog album, cos they were more teeny-bop-lovey-dovey... ;D

Bouge

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2005-06-13, 12:11:42
Although they aren't the most unlikely band to do a prog album... It is impossible that they will do a prog album!  They have next-to-no musical savvy, so how are they going to do a prog album?  They probably don't know what a concept album IS! They probably don't even know what the word 'Concept' means!!
...And they can hardly be regarded as a band now, can they!! 

A band (in this context, NOT a rubber band/elastic band etc...) is a group of people who play instruments, If I'm not mistaken.
The Spice Girls were a group of dancers, who happened to sing... (and I have my doubts about that as well!)  Damn, they don't even write their own stuff. (That's done by Stannard/Rowe, BTW.  Credit to them, they are the ones that put pen to paper.)  The Spice Girls just danced to it! >:(

Well done, I think you said it all.
I'm not overly fond of that frog. A 12-Gauge Shotgun springs to mind.

Bouge

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2005-06-13, 12:11:42
I've heard the cheaky girls described as a band. I hope you agree that that's just insulting.
I'm not overly fond of that frog. A 12-Gauge Shotgun springs to mind.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Bouge on Sat, 2005-07-16, 21:49:26
I've heard the cheaky girls described as a band. I hope you agree that that's just insulting.

>:(

Herben

I voted the Spice girls, Genesis used to be progressive I heard so I didn't name that one, and I don't know the other ones, and I'm not interested in them as they are in the list. Maybe I would have voted Phil Collins he took the progressive side out of Genesis.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Teunis

Voted for Spices Girls, didn't see BZN mentioned  ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)