News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Prog Radio on the Internet

Started by johninblack, Sat, 2006-03-18, 16:25:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Bouge

Well, there are these "This is such and such, and you are listening to Morow radio things between some songs, and we just had A "Hello, I'm Clive Nolan of Arena, and you're listening to Morow Radio"!
I'm not overly fond of that frog. A 12-Gauge Shotgun springs to mind.

johninblack

There is a 128k stream and a 56k stream but they are different programs, the 56k stream has 'live365.com' ads all over the place and is poorer quality.

PH

I just realised that the playlist is not really big... I'm now listening to the same songs as yesterday...
Too bad.

EDIT: Ok I heard some interesting bands, one of them was The Watch. Very Genesis alike. There was another that got my attention. I'm not sure wether I like it or not, but maybe more radioplay can convince me: Sieges Even. It's more heavy. Maybe somewhat too heavy. And the accent is funny! ;D

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-03-20, 16:52:50
I just realised that the playlist is not really big... I'm now listening to the same songs as yesterday...
Too bad.

Yes, i discovered that too. Wonder why. Could do with a little diversity. :-\

MAD.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

Hey, that's cool!  ;D

Now playing: Arena - Double Vision.

I was wondering when they would show up.  :D

MAD. 
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Prog Paul

Whoops I'm a bit late on this one....

Try ARfm... www.arfm.co.uk

We cover (OK so I'm biased!)... all forms of rock, from thrash to punk to AOR to Prog, anything goes... we really don't care...

I do a 'Prog orientated' show every Sunday (Live) between 3-6pm at www.arfm.co.uk

BUT... Don't tune in if you want to hear classic Floyd, Genesis, ELP, etc, etc.. (I do love these bands but....), I play  TODAY's Bands.... 

Arena (of course!), IQ, The Tangent, Band of Rain, Oliver Wakeman, The Urbane, Kino, Agent Cooper, Guy Manning, etc. etc...

You can contact me with requests etc at paulbaker at arfm dot co dot uk

Hope to hear from you soon...  ;D

Sorry for the shameless self promotion!  ;)

Prog Paul  *horns*

edit: created nonspam email address

johninblack

Quote from: Prog Paul on Sat, 2006-04-01, 13:47:31
Sorry for the shameless self promotion!  ;)

Well how about you give The Shattered Room a plug on your show, just to restore the balance!

Peter

Quote from: johninblack on Sat, 2006-04-01, 17:03:23
Well how about you give The Shattered Room a plug on your show, just to restore the balance!

Heh, good idea :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2006-04-02, 21:10:59
Heh, good idea :)

He did! Several times. And if you can't find a copy of the show anywhere PM me ;). It is repeated either Thursday or Friday look up thier site here

Appelmoes??

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2006-04-03, 05:10:09

He did! Several times. And if you can't find a copy of the show anywhere PM me ;). It is repeated either Thursday or Friday look up thier site here
Don't pm, put it on the forum, I haven't been able to listen too ;)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Prog Paul

Hi All,

The Show is repeated on Thursday... Twice...

9am - 12 mid-day (UK time)

Then again..

6-9pm (UK time!)

www.arfm.co.uk

Cheers

Prog Paul  8)

PH

Quote from: Prog Paul on Mon, 2006-04-03, 12:47:479am - 12 mid-day (UK time)

I'm at school then... :(

Quote from: Prog Paul on Mon, 2006-04-03, 12:47:47Then again..

6-9pm (UK time!)

Then I'm at work!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Help me, help me, oooooooo help me!