News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Favourite song subject

Started by Herben, Fri, 2006-02-17, 22:26:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which subject in a song would You prefer?

Lovesongs
1 (12.5%)
Warsongs
1 (12.5%)
Pollution
0 (0%)
Hunger in the world
0 (0%)
Political
1 (12.5%)
Murder
0 (0%)
Religion
2 (25%)
Hystory
0 (0%)
Psychology
3 (37.5%)
Accidents
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Herben

I was wondering which subject in a song is the most interesting too listen too. A lot of artist sing about love, such as You left me and now I'm alone, a song like no one can from Marillion (for example, these songs are option 1.
The next option is about people who sing about war like the song Remembrance day of Bryan Adams or Ravage of time by Threshold for example. this is option 2.
Pollution songs are songs like under the sun of Marillion or Seasons End by Marillion, then You choose option 3.
Option 4 hunger in the world, is about people who sing about starvation like Bono does sometimes for U2
Option 5 political, used a lot by Fish the song the company and the song Vigil (in a wilderness of mirrors)
Option 6 Murder is just as Bohemian Rapsody by Queen who sings about murdering someone and the way people look at him afterwards. (just as example)
Option 7 Religion I think a really Arena theme, songs as Solomon and Jericho or Empire of a Thousand days, Medusa and so on.
Option 8 Hystory in fact a link to religion can be made there songs about the past.
Option 8 Psychology I think the cd Human Equation by Ayreon is all psychology a man who has an accident and what happens after that..... Or the cd Snow by Spocks Beard
Option 9 Accidents songs about terrible events

With this explanation I hope to make the poll more clear some options cover up another option but You find Your own nuance in choosing
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

PH

Ouch... that's a difficult question...

Most of the time there's a combination I like.

politics-religion-history (Arena, Threshold, Neal Morse)
&
murder-psychology-accidents (Dream Theater)

And those two combinations are the best.
And sometimes there's even a combination of these two combinations.

Songs about all those subjects as stand-alone are most of the time not interesting for me.

Herben

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2006-02-18, 11:43:21
And sometimes there's even a combination of these two combinations.
Songs about all those subjects as stand-alone are most of the time not interesting for me.
Than maybe pick out the main subject the most important, a lot of subjects can't stand alone
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Appelmoes??

I choose Psychology. I love songs that make you think and self-reflect. But I almost choose political, since that makes you think about stuff too (Threshold: Subsurface).
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sat, 2006-02-18, 14:55:28
I choose Psychology. I love songs that make you think and self-reflect. But I almost choose political, since that makes you think about stuff too (Threshold: Subsurface).

Oops, I posted with Appelmoes' account!

No, but seriously, I could have said exactly what you said.

keyboardistmatt

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt