News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Whats happening in your town today? anything interesting?

Started by Smegal, Fri, 2006-01-27, 03:09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2009-06-20, 15:38:56
Here in Telford I have decreed it's 'Opeth Day' although I'm not sure how good take-up will be ;)

Perhaps you could send for a busload of grumpy Swedes to drum up support?
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

PH

Apparently it's "distract-Paco-so-he-cannot-do-his-homework"-day here.
- There's a brand new pub about 200 meters away from our house, and they're having a party.
- My brother is sitting next to me and is telling me why programming in Java and C++ (and the likes) is such fun.
- You guys are too active here in the room! Stop it!

PH

Something's happening in my town today. Something interesting.

We have heavy rainfall this evening. It has been (mostly) a shiny day here, but now....
Actually, I like these kind of storms. It's better than "just rain". It's exciting.
It's interesting.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2009-08-28, 21:10:02
Something's happening in my town today. Something interesting.

We have heavy rainfall this evening. It has been (mostly) a shiny day here, but now....
Actually, I like these kind of storms. It's better than "just rain". It's exciting.
It's interesting.

Thanks.

It just opened its gates above us.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

maddox

aswas

Wet is what has been going on all month In Jax Florida. Got 2 inches today and another 2 inches expected tomorrow. We are 10 inches above normal for the year, and a tropical storm now developing. Half of downtown is flooded, and about 15 streets closed due to flooding. More time to listen to music cuz sure don't want to be driving.
don't fly... too close to the sun

Steve Jones

Some b*gg*rs've made off with the cash machine from my local bank.  This was the second nearest machine to my house, although how near it is now is anyone's guess!

Police are looking for a 50 year old male seen buying a shed-load of prog-rock CDs yesterday ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2009-09-26, 08:31:33
Some b*gg*rs've made off with the cash machine from my local bank.  This was the second nearest machine to my house, although how near it is now is anyone's guess!

Police are looking for a 50 year old male seen buying a shed-load of prog-rock CDs yesterday ;)

;D ;D ;D

I'm not a suspect since I have no motive.  I could never pass pounds here because the fact that they have actual value would be highly suspicious.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

bellanova

It Bites are in town today (London) and i will be at the gig tonight. Cant wait!!

Iggy

Quote from: bellanova on Sat, 2009-09-26, 12:57:20
It Bites are in town today (London) and i will be at the gig tonight. Cant wait!!

I'm jealous. Unfortunately I can't make it tonight.

maddox

Steve Jones

A new sculpture has been unveiled in our county town, complete with some bits to stop folk climbing on it.  Inevitably some Herbert will see this as a challenge.

This marks the 200th birthday of Charles Darwin, we're told.  I presume he was the inventor of the Slinky...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-10-02, 21:06:58
A new sculpture has been unveiled in our county town, complete with some bits to stop folk climbing on it.  Inevitably some Herbert will see this as a challenge.

This marks the 200th birthday of Charles Darwin, we're told.  I presume he was the inventor of the Slinky...

I have to say it is asking to be climbed, especially after a few drinks.

It's a bit like asking people to refrain from climbing on the lions in Trafalgar Square.