News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

this goes to allhe guys in the band

Started by thrickashesoloband, Fri, 2005-10-28, 17:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

thrickashesoloband

im kinna shy hahaha I would like to say that you guys put on a great show
the first time I ever heard your music I was in for a big supprize i'm 36 years
i been a rockin roller since I was way little... my school mates would look at me like "rick, are you okay?"  and im like  wull ya!

i just got your dvd "caught in the act" awsome!!!!!!!!  love the song "spectre at the feast" theres a few others that are just amazing...

what I like best about you guys is when you play all them songs , you can play them all without messin' up?? how do you do that??  what ever you do keep up the great talent...
I gotta eat my breakfast..

rick   :O)

kaptein

I'm a new fanclub member that joined only recently. I am very glad having been introduced to the Arena music, it is great music, something a lot of previous "symphonic rock" lovers have been waiting for. They deserve a much bigger audience than they have now, a lot of potential fans are still out there, not knowing that Arena exists ! A lot of friends, collegues, that I introduce the music to, are all enthousiastic !
Personally I love the louder as well as the calmer songs, depending on the mood. I really love "the butterfly man", mu 7 year old son even knows the text by heart ! But there are a lot of songs I like, "Opera fanatica" is fantastic as well.

I hope you all keep on making music the way you do now. I will try to spread the music as much as I can ! You deserve more recognition !

PH

So your son of 7 years old sings:
Quote'I've been here for so long
Don't even know what my purpose ever was
I don't even know where I belong
Through the years I've been waiting
Even time has lost it's meaning
Don't even know where I belong'

'Can't ever turn from this path
Don't even know what alternatives there are
Perhaps I wandered too far
I've been here for so long
Don't even hope for an end to all of this
I have no choice, but to carry on'
That's maybe the darkest lyric with maybe the darkest music of Arena they ever made!
I think it's maybe also my favourite part of maybe my favourite song of Arena.

I almost wanted to say "...maybe Arena" :D

I love to hear when people say that their little sons and daughters like to listen to Arena or whatever PorkRock.
My little brother (8 years old) says: "Put something on of Arena!!", so I put something on and then after 10 minutes he says "Enough! Listen your music in your own room!" :D :D

But there will come a time...

EDIT: I meant ProgRock... hehehehe (PorkRock...hehehehe, that would make a nice subgenre, lol)

Stuart

Well, I'm really pleased that my 10 year old son now hails Arena as his favourite band!
All those hours listening to his dad playing Arena has paid off :)

And his favourite song is also Butterfly Man - sings along too. I just don't tell him what he's singing about (as if I really knew*), but certainly one of the darker Arena songs, but also one of the best.

* Sticking my neck out here, but I always got the feeling it was about a some sadistic serial killer, with their victims kept in a dark basement for some term before the final act. Kind of brings out thoughts of all those Hannibal Lecter, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre type movies. Then maybe that's just my wierd mind  ;D

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Stuart on Sat, 2005-11-26, 02:01:17
* Sticking my neck out here, but I always got the feeling it was about a some sadistic serial killer, with their victims kept in a dark basement for some term before the final act. Kind of brings out thoughts of all those Hannibal Lecter, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre type movies. Then maybe that's just my wierd mind  ;D
Now there's a thought!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

kmorse

EDIT: I meant ProgRock... hehehehe (PorkRock...hehehehe, that would make a nice subgenre, lol)

Anybody out there old enough to remember Bloodwyn Pig??
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

PH

Quote from: kmorse on Sat, 2005-11-26, 17:53:38
QuoteEDIT: I meant ProgRock... hehehehe (PorkRock...hehehehe, that would make a nice subgenre, lol)

I'm probably not old enough but Bloodwyn Pig does ring a bell... what is it?

johninblack

Quote from: kmorse on Sat, 2005-11-26, 17:53:38

Yep...........Don't actually remember hearing anything by them, but I am old enough.

Wilford Jr.

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2005-11-26, 19:35:25

I'm probably not old enough but Bloodwyn Pig does ring a bell... what is it?

I think Blodwyn Pig is a band with Mick Abrams on guitar.  He was the guitarist on Jethro Tull's first album.  He is more of a blues guitarist.
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

kmorse

That's the one. Pork rock. They had a big ol' pig's head on their album cover. It became the mascot for a big rock statioin in St. Louis. Still is.

http://www.kshe95.com/
I'm falling.....Falling down again!