News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Kino

Started by Moonloop, Thu, 2005-01-27, 09:18:50

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

If you don't buy it: you'll miss one of the most interesting releases of the year.

If Pepper's Ghost gets out of my CD-player its for Kino and vice-versa...

The Voyager

I have some doubts about KINO. It's just unlikely that new all-star prog band will have rather long lifetime.  :-\

gelert

Quote from: The Voyager on Wed, 2005-04-06, 17:10:22
I have some doubts about KINO. It's just unlikely that new all-star prog band will have rather long lifetime.  :-\
Talking of which, what ever did happen to Transatlantic...?
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

The Voyager

An obvious question, Gelert.  ;)  Although we can recollect such super-group as UK. :(

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Sat, 2005-04-09, 12:08:03
Talking of which, what ever did happen to Transatlantic...?

They folded by default when Neal Morse quit Spock's and the (non-religious) music scene. Mike Portnoy has gone on record (whatever that counts for) as saying Transatlantic would have to be the original 4 members to record again - which is a damn shame as they did 2 stunning albums.  :-[
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

The Voyager

Whereas Transatlantic has a gentle hint at the ocean between two halfs of that band, Kino is just a far-fetched name for extraordinary prog-band. Not too clever, in my view.  :-\

Moonloop

Quote from: The Voyager on Mon, 2005-04-11, 15:29:14
  Whereas Transatlantic has a gentle hint at the ocean between two halfs of that band, Kino is just a far-fetched name for extraordinary prog-band. Not too clever, in my view.  :-\

Any ideas where they got the name "Kino" from, or what it means/refers to..??

Peter

Quote from: Moonloop on Mon, 2005-04-11, 16:02:02

I believe I stumbled over an explanation once, but I
a) forgot where it was, and
b) what it was....

I'm growing old, prolly....sorry...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Voyager

Quote from: Moonloop on Mon, 2005-04-11, 16:02:02
At first they were called THE ARM BAND, then NOT THE ARM BAND.  :o It was the InsideOut lable, which ordered to chose a more convenient name for new prog-act.  And I've read that there were a lot of disputes between four guys.  ???     

gelert

"Kino" is German for "Cinema" (er, it sez 'ere) - er, hence Picture

Try http://www.kinomusic.com/index.htm for more info...(if that's alright, Peter...?)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

The Voyager

Â Try to find some additional information at Silhobbit website(their previous news stories). 8)

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-04-11, 17:53:07
"Kino" is German for "Cinema" (er, it sez 'ere) - er, hence Picture

Ah yes....obvious isn't it  ::)

Still a good album though, however naff the name and title are  ;)

gelert

Sorry Loopy...didn't understand a word of that...

Could you type that in a "southern-poofter's" accent  please...?

;D

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-04-12, 20:07:13
Sorry Loopy...didn't understand a word of that...

Could you type that in a "southern-poofter's" accent  please...?

;D

I'm afraid you'll have to wait, the "Darn Sarf" lingo course is next on my list following on from (advanced level) in Taxi Driver dialogue  :)

gelert

NP-> Driver 67 - Car 67 
;D

Vanderwoude

I'm hoping to buy 'Picture' tomorrow, I went to look for it a week ago, but the shop I went to had to order it.

Maybe the guys from Kino can sign it for me at their gig in Zoetermeer (the netherlands) on december 10.
I already have got a ticket and I'm really looking forward to it!
''I'm a million times removed, from the socially closed world.''
I can imagine, that wouldn't be too nice.

PH

Quote from: Vanderwoude on Mon, 2005-10-03, 19:05:16
I'm hoping to buy 'Picture' tomorrow, I went to look for it a week ago, but the shop I went to had to order it.

Maybe the guys from Kino can sign it for me at their gig in Zoetermeer (the netherlands) on december 10.
I already have got a ticket and I'm really looking forward to it!

You mean, I'VE got your ticket ;D. LOL.
Yeah, I also got the album (Limited Edition, with removable stickers ( :D I really was R(olling) O(n) F(loor) L(aughing) and L(aughing) M(y) A(ss) O(ff) as some of them cleverly put it...)). Does there need to be another ")"? I'm confused...
Yup, looking forward to it. *ola*

Vanderwoude

^
I don't know this guy.  :P
He seems to know me ;D
''I'm a million times removed, from the socially closed world.''
I can imagine, that wouldn't be too nice.

PH

Quote from: Vanderwoude on Mon, 2005-10-03, 19:29:47
                    ^
I don't know this guy.  :P
He seems to know me ;D

Oh I must have mistaken you for someone else, sorry.
I'll give the tickets to a someone else then.

Sorry.

;D

PH

*BUMP*

BIG NEWS!!!

Quote from: Kinomusic.com22.11.05 - RATHER EXCITING CD NEWS
To coincide with the upcoming December tour across Europe (dates below), a very special and limited edition CD is being released, entitled 'Cutting Room Floor'. This CD is a collection of previously unheard Kino demos which include Pete Trewavas singing lead vocals, plus live versions of songs from 'Picture', and a stunning version of the Kevin Gilbert track 'Parade' which was recorded several years ago for a KG tribute album which to date hasn't seen the light of day. The full track listing is as follows:

People (live)
Throw It Away (demo)
Perfect Tense (live)
All You See (demo)
Room For Two (live)
Won't Fall Down (demo)
Picture (live)
Say You Will (demo)
Parade (Kevin Gilbert cover)
The CD will be available to buy at all Kino's live dates, plus additionally on this website. Online ordering information will be provided here as soon as we have it.

A special CD with bonus material!
Since this is finally the first band I've followed from the beginning, I'll buy this one, before it runs out!

I'm going to the gig on 10 december this year, so I'll hold some money back! ;D

Source: http://kinomusic.com

Cyborg-Frask

:o *falling from chair :o*

man that's awesome news man!!! man it looks like i have to save some cash

i'm already getting curious about those new songs :P
i can't wait until 10 dec  8)

JJ II

My review on last saturday kan be read on www.dprp.net

I hope it makes you visit one of the gigs....

maddox

Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2005-12-14, 10:24:29
My review on last saturday kan be read on www.dprp.net

I hope it makes you visit one of the gigs....

Just read it, and indeed, i wish i were there... :(

MAD.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

keyboardistmatt

I just read it.
I'm going to arrange my very own 'touring schedule'.
i.e. see Arena here... Kino there... NERE... Yes... Paradise Lost... Art Brut... and so on

Nice review, I'd be proud of that if I were in the band! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

johninblack

The CRS are now selling tickets for KINO with support from CREDO, Satuday 15th April 2006 in Rotherham.

Hey Sammi, fancy another sunday afternoon sleep on uncle Matt's sofa?