News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ever thought of coming to China ?

Started by Draddi, Sat, 2005-02-05, 02:53:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Draddi

Hi guys,

I know, this might sound unusual at first, but have you ever considered touring in some places in China ?
I am asking that, because I've been in China on a regular basis on busines trips in recent years and found that there is a rather large metal and prog community here.
I have permanently moved over to China very recently now (so there is definitely one hardcore Arena fan in China accounted for now !!) and I think, that the guys here are in need of some really good prog  ;)
Consider the possibilities, I am living in a normal sized town here, which means, approx. 5,5 Mio people !!!

I am fed up with the fact, that there are only friggin' DJ's being flown in from Berlin or London over the weekend to play some HipHop in the Clubs and not a single bit of good live prog music is being played here.

So, I mean it, have you ever considered conquering China ? I think, the crowds are ready, venues are easily found and flights are cheap  :D
Well, if you should ever consider it, I'd be glad to find out more on venues and contacts for you.

And I don't even get started on how great idea this would be for a 10th year anniversary tour venue....(Arena Live in Nanjing, Beijing, Shanghai)  :P

Greetings from Nanjing

Clive

Sounds like a great idea... :) I'd love to visit China...

Please do contact us with any suggestions of agents, venues etc.....

Draddi

Hey, that sounds good.
So I will check out some places and agents and come back to you.
But give me a little bit time. Chinese New Year starts on Monday, so noone is working here for a week (it's like X-Mas). But right after that, I will check !

HeJePi

Hell, don't go to China, come to Singapore ;D
'... And if it's hope that dies last, Why do all us hopeless still live.' eVeron - Flesh.

Deenfan

You're here, too? Want me to start a new thread in your name?? ;D

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Deenfan

Oh, sorry... Got a bit internal (?) there... :-[ It's from the fact that HeJePi is known to me from the Shadow Gallery forum, and there I managed to start a new thread with her name as a topic, when in reality I tried to reply to a post she'd written in another thread. Must have been a twist of the mouse... ;D

She didn't mind having a topic in her name, so for fun I volunteered to start one here, too... :D

HeJePi

Quote from: Deenfan on Wed, 2005-02-16, 13:37:15
You're here, too? Want me to start a new thread in your name?? ;D
Hehehehe, yup I am here too and ... I am everywhere where there is good music because I love Arena too ;D

QuoteShe didn't mind having a topic in her name, so for fun I volunteered to start one here, too...

Ahem ... sorry I am a HE, not a SHE ::)
'... And if it's hope that dies last, Why do all us hopeless still live.' eVeron - Flesh.

Deenfan

:-[
SORRY!!!!!

But I'm pretty darn sure I got it somewhere. Do you have a nack for being taken for a girl? ;D

Maybe I misread or misunderstood somewhere. It's a pity, though, 'cause you'd make a pretty cool girl!! ;D ;D
(I mean, you musical tastes...)

Again, sorry!
Deenfan, ryhmes with man.... :P

HeJePi

Quote from: Deenfan on Thu, 2005-02-24, 18:13:56But I'm pretty darn sure I got it somewhere. Do you have a nack for being taken for a girl? ;D
Hahahaha ... I never heard of that one :) I never hide myself, my user name might sound 'girlie' but it is the only an abreviation of my full name and double first name: Herman Jean-Pierre ... and you can ask anybody who speaks French Jean-Pierre (JP for short) is a male first name ;)

I got this username since ... errrrrrr ... 1984 when I enter university !

Deenfan

Wow, that took some time.... I didn't notice your reply until now!!

:-[

Pi is the shortest possible norwegian word for girl, so that might have something to do with it... Your full name reeks of man, so don't worry!!!! ;D