News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ebay - Russian Bootlegs

Started by Moonloop, Thu, 2005-06-16, 13:48:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4738158487&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Don't suppose there's much you can do about things like this but it's irritating that some people may be taken in. The ad does look genuine, with 99.9% positive feedback and bold declarations that they do not sell copies or bootlegs & that all CDs are factory direct and shrink wrapped*

The clue though is in the 3 bonus tracks which of course never appeared on the original album and which were all recorded for/during later albums..!!  ;)

Luckily, there's no bids yet with only 40 mins left, it'll be back up tomorrow though  >:( . Tossers....  >:(

*and with the ink still wet  ::)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

keyboardistmatt

That's sodding outrageous! >:(

Surely they realize that people who type ARENA into the search box, probably already **KNOW** about the band!!

"Tossers" -Oh yeah!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

JJ II

The bonus-tracks are the 3 tracks on the second disc of Biarritz, so they're live tracks.
Still, I hate these illegal things, cause the damage the band.
However I don't mind live-bootlegs, cause these are normally bought by people (like me) who already have the albums, T-shirts, etc...

Which makes me wonder, Clive (and other), would you mind people putting up some live concerts somewhere on the web, if they have any decent ones (perhapse you have some yourselves)?

ironcow2103

Quote from: JJ II on Fri, 2005-06-17, 17:46:48
Still, I hate these illegal things, cause the damage the band.

Ditto... I made the mistake of picking up Anathema's 'A Natural Disaster' on eBay not realising it was coming from Belarus and when received it smacks of a pirated copy (despite being well produced).

I'm suprised that eBay aren't taken to task over this, aside from the fact they are advertising the sale of illegal items (which we're all told "finances the international drug trade and terrorism"!) but as they take a cut of the sale they are being financed by the isale of illegal items.

Given it isn't only small bands like ARena and Anathema that suffer but also presumably bigger artists you'd think the record inductry would take an interest (as opposed to sueing 12 year old girls in Abergavenny (or whereever) over illegal downloading.

Steve

Simtere

While not defending e-bay one should perhaps remember that this site is huge and the number of items up for sale on a daily basis is enormous.  It probably is not practical for the site to check out everything.

If one has issues over items that are being sold that should perhaps not be there due to the questionable nature of the goods on offer, there is actually a process for bringing these matters to e-bats attention and on occassion they will in fact prevent the sale.

I would suggest if Arena bootlegs are offered for sale again then perhaps we should all make a complaint and see if we can get the sale stopped.  It's got to be worth a try surely, and it's better than sitting back and doing nothing.

Thanks to the original poster for pointing out this matter!

creme anglais

I made a complaint about Pendragon bootlegs......... they told me that it was nothing to do with me and only an issue for the copywrite owner......... they auction continued to its conclusion........I e-mailed both the buyer and and the seller........ no reply (surprise surprise)
E-bay do not really care about these issues, unless I guess you bring out the big guns..........

shame really......I scan e-bay 2-3 times a week for dodgey rip off's now and e-mail e-bay/uyers/vendors on ever occaision.......I expect to get banned soon! ;)