News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by Mick, Sun, 2005-05-15, 09:20:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Hi Everyone
Clive told me I really ougt to join up, so here I am! I'm really impressed to see all this Arena activity -that's great.
I've never been big on email, internet etc, but I'll do my best to stay in touch.
Well done Peter and The Ricochet for bringing this to life  :)

Mick

Peter

Hi Mick,

I'm very glad you took a heart and joined the forum ;) Welcome!

And right here goes my very first question to you:

A lot of people seem to have noticed that your drumming sounds a lot crispier and clearer on "Pepper's Ghost".
Is that impression provable? Like did you use a new setup for the snare or whatever and did you maybe use a new drumming technique in places?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

keyboardistmatt

Welcome to the forum, Mick!

It's great that you're here.
Question:-  Do you still use that Ocatagonal cymbal with your kit?
It's a strange question, but it looks pretty cool!  ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Mick

That cymbal was called a 'rocktagon' - the guys in the band always enjoyed that name. Sadly it's beyond use now, but I'll see what else turns up :)
The drums were recorded at Thin Ice. I spent ten days working with Karl Groom (which made Clive happy - he could get out of the studio for a while!). We went for a splashier, live-er sound than we've used before. It made me attack the drums differently - I was very happy with the results.

Peter

Quote from: Mick on Sun, 2005-05-15, 14:14:02
The drums were recorded at Thin Ice. I spent ten days working with Karl Groom (which made Clive happy - he could get out of the studio for a while!). We went for a splashier, live-er sound than we've used before. It made me attack the drums differently - I was very happy with the results.

So are we, Mick :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Saryna

Glad to see you here Mick.  Nice show at Rosfest!!  Are you still enjoying the 'afterglow' or did your shirt finally run out of batteries? I still don't know what  it said.

Sharon

Moonloop

Hi Mick - thanks for posting  8)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

POM

Welcome on the forum  ;D It's a pleasure to see you here, thanks for coming  ;)

JJ II

Welcome here Mick!

Good to hear from you! I loved the Aschaffenburg gig. Glad you start to appreciate our 'funny money' as well ;)

I recently saw a picture of you behind a VERY big blue drum-kit, with lots of extra toms. It must have been around '80. Do you still have that kit?

Mick

'Fraid not!
That got sold a long time ago  :)

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace