News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

2005-10-07 Arena live @ Musiktheater Rex, Lorsch (~FFM), D

Started by Peter, Sat, 2005-04-23, 20:55:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

concert
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

JJ II

What a gig! It was well worth the long ride (over 5 hours) from Holland. The Rex is a small blues-club kind of theater with small tables and stools, so people were standing and sitting as well. It was quite filled and I could notice many people enjoyed it as much as I did (eyes closed and go with the flow).

The band were much tighter than in Zoetermeer a few weeks earlier. The setlist was different as well and included Hanging Tree, Purgatory Road and Friday's Dream. This last track was stripped to its essence with just Rob and Ian on acoustic guitar. A lovely version.

Because of the small stage (even the crew had to mix with the audience) Rob wasn't able to do his full 'theatrics' and the lighting was not very extravagant, but the band and their performance, made up for that more than enough! The video-stuff was in place this time (it wasn't in Zoetermeer) and it really adds to the atmosphere of each track.

All in all: a very enjoyable night: thank you guys!!

McMueller

Hi!

The Gig in Lorsch was really great, they played some Tracks from Pepper´s Ghost, I like the Songs very much I only missed
Opera Fanatica ;-) and Moviedrome...

The night had only one depression, it was Crying VII, I really dislike this version of the Song, it is quite easy and the melody is
simple and boring, why did they play this Song as an encore? Why do they play this Song generally?

It was great to hear Medusa and the great Songs from the Contagion Album !!!

Without Crying VII, it was a great and fantastic night!

Thank you ARENA :-)