News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

13-11-2010, Zoetermeer, The Netherlands

Started by The Butterfly Man, Wed, 2010-06-09, 14:38:51

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

Finally! Arena will play their only 2010 show in The Netherlands on the 13th of November! *horns*

I wonder if we'll get to hear some new music...

Edit: I see I'm 2 days late to the party. Oh well, at least it's in the right section of the forum now... ;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2010-06-09, 14:38:51
I see I'm 2 days late to the party.

Hey, that costs a round of beer, Tom  :P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2010-06-09, 17:03:20
Hey, that costs a round of beer, Tom  :P

If you attend the show I'll buy you a beer! ;)

Tom

Teunis

Just quoting Clive on Facebook:

"so... come and see Arena in November... I believe we will be playing some new material!..;)"

8)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

erik

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2010-07-13, 19:32:58
Just quoting Clive on Facebook:

"so... come and see Arena in November... I believe we will be playing some new material!..;)"

Now we're talking!! :P
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

maddox

He believes. ... .

So he might be wrong.  :P 8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2010-07-15, 19:08:56
He believes. ... .

So he might be wrong.  :P 8)

He isn't and they did play some new stuff. Enjoy yourselves.

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2010-11-13, 01:24:54
He isn't and they did play some new stuff. Enjoy yourselves.

Will do that, thanks!!

maddox

Sitting in the car right now.
Had a great evening.

The boys were great!

Alle Jansen

The show was wonderfull.  *horns* The welkom of the new singer was awsome. He enjoy the gig as well and wonder how Holland was responding on his voice.
I have a great evening.  And most important for Arena.....They were sold out in Zoetermeer.
Next year new tour and new CD. We hear two new songs this evening and it sounds wonderfull.

Teunis

Just back, stayed the night at a hotel. It was awesome indeed, Paul Manzi's voice is excellent  8). Liked the new tracks too. If you ask me, they could have played longer (now it was nearly 2 hours). But hey, it's never enough  *horns*. Enjoyed every second of it.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Iggy

Good to hear that you guys had a good concert. Once again I ask myself how come they aren't better supported. Hopefully they will get invited to High Voltage next year and pick up a whole new bunch of fans.

Justin

JJ II

Since the 'tour' has been finished, it doesn't hurt to publish the setlist (I'd say):

The Escape
A Crack in the Ice
Eyes of Lara Moon
The Hanging Tree
A State of Grace
Blink of an Eye
(Don't Forget to) Breathe
Burning Down
Skin Game
Serenity
Bedlam Fayre
Chosen
Jericho
Witch Hunt
City of Lanterns
Riding the Tide
Cutting the Cards
Ascension
--
Solomon
--
Crying for Help VII

Quite an interesting set of songs, with two new ones and one (Lara Moon) never played before... I think Blink of an Eye has been on the shelves since The Visitor-tour in 1998 as well. Can't remember it being performed by Rob (though might be mistaken). Most of the standards were there, except for The Butterfly Man.

I'll re-listen to the new tracks before giving an opinion about them.

Niquicho

Thanks for the pix, vids en list! It was great seeing them again after such a longtime.

Niquicho

forgot to hit the space bar there: long time. Must be 'cause I'm still pretty exited!

The Butterfly Man

It was great to finally see Arena again. The new tracks are pretty aggressive and the concert itself contained an interesting selection of songs. My only 'complaint': Aren't there any other songs to finish the night with apart from Solomon and Crying For Help VII? Not that they are bad songs (far from that), but we heard them so many times already! But all in all it was great!

Tom

debsss

QuoteMy only 'complaint': Aren't there any other songs to finish the night with apart from Solomon and Crying For Help VII?

I think they finish with this song while everybody starts singing help me not once or twice but every time they leave the stage... Wanting them to finish with this song...
I've seen them 4 times now, knowing what the crowd will sing at the end ;). And suprisingly I'm not getting bored from it.
Maybe we can convince the crowd to start singing another song. Any ideas? Than we gather and start it  8)

JJ II

They played Enemy Without as an encore in 2005. I thought that was quite a jumper to finish with!  *horns*

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: debsss on Mon, 2010-11-15, 12:44:51
Maybe we can convince the crowd to start singing another song. Any ideas? Than we gather and start it  8)

Maybe something that starts like this: "Silently calling, I hear myself speak"... What do you think? ;)

Tom

debsss

QuoteMaybe something that starts like this: "Silently calling, I hear myself speak"... What do you think?

Tom

Good one!!!
In my mind I'm allready singing it!

Maybe we could start a new topic on this one  ;)
See what kind of suggestions there are and wich one will be chosen most.

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2010-11-15, 18:56:55
Maybe something that starts like this: "Silently calling, I hear myself speak"... What do you think? ;)

Tom

Too long I'm afraid. ;)
I think it was Clive who said on the live/life set that they can't imagine Arena not playing Solomon so that would be two epics in the show. Don't think that they will like that. ;)

I do of course.
Especially Sirens is a killer!!

JJ II

Quotethey can't imagine Arena not playing Solomon so that would be two epics in the show. Don't think that they will like that.

They did Moviedrome and Solomon in one set! Personally, I think Paul's voice suits Sirens.

As a closer, I think it's a bit too slow. But I'd love to hear it return in the set.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: JJ II on Tue, 2010-11-16, 08:36:00
As a closer, I think it's a bit too slow.

Yeah I think so too. But maybe they can play Sirens instead of Solomon (I thought they were gonna shelve that song after the last tour anyway) and then play Enemy Without instead of Crying VII. But that's just me...

Don't get me wrong though, I like what we got to hear last weekend and I don't want to complain too much about the setlist.

Bring on the new album and tour! *horns*

Tom

bellanova

I think i remember Clive saying in Reading that they were not going to keep playing Solomon live but im glad they did do it as its a bit of an epic and always goes down well. As for Crying for help vii.....Its tradition!!!!