News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Peter Gabriel - Scratch My Back

Started by erik, Sun, 2010-01-24, 11:49:51

Previous topic - Next topic

erik

Interesting upcoming Peter Gabriel release:

QuoteScratch My Back is the upcoming eighth studio and fourteenth album overall by the English musician Peter Gabriel, scheduled for release on 15 February 2010.[1] The album, recorded at Air Lyndhurst and Real World Studios during 2009, consists of Gabriel covering twelve songs by various artists, using orchestra and voice rather than normal rock instruments.

The idea behind the Scratch My Back project was an exchange where each artist would cover one of Gabriel's songs in return for his covering one of theirs; the other artists' renditions of Gabriel's songs will appear on a later album entitled I'll Scratch Yours.

Track listing:
1. "Heroes"   David Bowie   
2. "The Boy in the Bubble"   Paul Simon   
3. "Mirrorball"   Elbow   
4. "Flume"   Bon Iver   
5. "Listening Wind"   Talking Heads   
6. "The Power of the Heart"   Lou Reed   
7. "My Body Is a Cage"   Arcade Fire   
8. "The Book of Love"   The Magnetic Fields   
9. "I Think It's Going to Rain Today"   Randy Newman   
10. "Après moi"   Regina Spektor   
11. "Philadelphia"   Neil Young   
12. "Street Spirit (Fade Out)"   Radiohead

Podcasts in which Gabriel talks about the album and including previews of the tracks:
http://www.petergabriel.com/news/archive/2009/12/12/'Scratch_My_Back'_-first_chance_to_listen

In an interview with Rolling Stone Gabriel plays down chances of a Genesis reunion, but says they might collaborate on a possible movie based on The Lamb.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..