News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

The DVD of Kino's Picture special edition.

Still as great as the first time I watched it  *horns* I wonder if the whole gig has been filmed and will be available one day  ::). I guess the answers are respectively "yes" and "no"  :P

funkster

My son's football team win their 5th game in a row  ;D

funkster

England v Montenegro - a nil nil draw and i should have spent 90 minutes watching paint dry  >:(

Iggy

Quote from: funkster on Wed, 2010-10-13, 09:30:01
England v Montenegro - a nil nil draw and i should have spent 90 minutes watching paint dry  >:(

i decided to watch Scotland Spain which wasn't like watching paint dry  :)

maddox

I decided to watch the first half of Netherlands vs. Sweden which was quite entertaining.  ;D

And it even got beter in the second half which I had to listen to in the car since I had to drive to work.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Draco chimera

I started watching How I Met Your Mother with my sister and some friends. I was quite sceptic at first, but it is actually very funny. Barney is the most awesome character of these series.  ;D
Let your conscience decide !

PH

Just finished watching the British tv-series "Black Books".
Apart from a few minor parts, I liked it quite a lot. Extremely funny in some places. At some times I couldn't stop laughing. Which was a bit of a problem actually, 'cause I had a terrible toothache for some time.

Anyone else who's seen this series?

funkster

The hangover and jolly funny it was as well

Peter

My lady and I throw in the "Damages" series DVD every other day to watch an episode. Huge suspense... already watched 6 episodes, and we still don't know what really happened!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

Black metal meets hard rock: The KoK guys going for the top - literally !

http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/696044/

The Eurovision gig created a lotta buzz about'm, for different reasons  ;)

Unfortunately for you guys, the program is in Norwegian  :-\

Beautiful nature footage tho ... and some coooool guys  8)

What's most interesting is that this is a 1/2-hour show for the Norwegian state TV about a community that has been deliberately kept invisible up to now  :o

My guess is that Norway will be the first country where metal becomes mainstream  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

The Royle family christmas special and mighty fine it was as well  ;D

Tonight is Miss Marple

funkster

The Morecambe and Wise programme on BBC2 last night - best programme i have seen in ages.

Draco chimera

Well, OK, not really a Now Watching post...
I watched the second part of Sherlock last saturday end I'm going to watch the third part of it tomorrow.
It is basically a three-parts movie series (I missed the first one) starring a certain Sherlock Holmes and his friend Dr Watson... in the 21st century ! I must say I really enjoyed it, and the use of technology in the secnario does not take over the way Sherlock Holmes has been imagined by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

funkster

Quote from: Draco chimera on Fri, 2011-01-14, 20:47:58
Well, OK, not really a Now Watching post...
I watched the second part of Sherlock last saturday end I'm going to watch the third part of it tomorrow.
It is basically a three-parts movie series (I missed the first one) starring a certain Sherlock Holmes and his friend Dr Watson... in the 21st century ! I must say I really enjoyed it, and the use of technology in the secnario does not take over the way Sherlock Holmes has been imagined by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Good isn't it  :) Also Steven Moffat who co-wrote it is also currently in charge of Dr Who.

Iggy

Quote from: funkster on Sat, 2011-01-15, 08:41:23
Good isn't it  :) Also Steven Moffat who co-wrote it is also currently in charge of Dr Who.

I really enjoyed that as well. My current comedy favourite is Better off Ted which really hits the spot with me.

PH

Quote from: Draco chimera on Fri, 2011-01-14, 20:47:58Well, OK, not really a Now Watching post...

Ahh yes! I've seen that one too. I thought it was really cool and very funny too. ;D
Great actors also.

I was also trying to follow the BBC series 'Outcasts'. Not the greatest sci-fi series ever, but thought it was quite pleasant, although I didn't understand all of what happened. That's gotta do with language barrier and the absence of subtitles.

Anyone else seen it?

--Paco

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2011-03-14, 11:04:03
Ahh yes! I've seen that one too. I thought it was really cool and very funny too. ;D
Great actors also.

I was also trying to follow the BBC series 'Outcasts'. Not the greatest sci-fi series ever, but thought it was quite pleasant, although I didn't understand all of what happened. That's gotta do with language barrier and the absence of subtitles.

Anyone else seen it?

--Paco

Yep I watched Outcasts and it left me feeling miffed.

Bupie

Yesterday, I watched the documentary movie The story of Anvil and I found it really heart-rending.

Those really nice guys in their 50's chase their dream for 30 years or so and will never reach success, playing most of the time in front of a dozen people.

I was astonished that, without record company and with money lent by their family, they recorded recently with Chris Tsangarides who produced such albums as Thin Lizzy's Renegade or Angra's Fireworks, just to name two huge records in my book  *horns*, not to mention a more obscure album  ;D entitled Painkiller.

The bits of their music heard in the documentary really did nothing for me but their dedication really deserves respect.

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2011-03-30, 11:03:11
not to mention a more obscure album  ;D entitled Painkiller.

Yeah, yeah, Bups, I gotit  :P

Yes, that's where I know Chris Tsangarides from. Painkiller is Priest's first great prog album, with their first great prog song A Touch Of Evil, and Glenn's and K.K.'s first sweep-picking on a studio album, in the title song, which once again put Priest at the cutting edge of rock *horns*

You guys should wake up to this formidable band  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Just watched an episode of "Dad's Army".
My dad has a couple of dvds. It's very funny. ;D

maddox

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2011-03-30, 20:37:35
Just watched an episode of "Dad's Army".
My dad has a couple of dvds. It's very funny. ;D

When I was younger, I was probably the only one in the house who could laugh about that. ;D
Cheers was more in the picture but series like Allo Allo and this one were watched only by me.

On topic:

This afternoon I watched the Riverside DVD, Reality Dream.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

IQ in its most poppy and disgraceful era for many... an era and two albums that are so dear to my heart and soul  8) *horns* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqnlIR3AG7g

Paul Menel remains a great singer IMHO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1HjrxNaFcQ&feature=related

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2011-04-05, 21:13:07IQ in its most poppy and disgraceful era for many... an era and two albums that are so dear to my heart and soul  8) *horns* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqnlIR3AG7g

Sounds really bad... :-\

Just kidding! I really like it!
Reminds me of Marillion and even Kino. I think I'll just have to check this music.

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2011-04-05, 21:13:07Paul Menel remains a great singer IMHO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1HjrxNaFcQ&feature=related

Not bad at all! :)

You got me interested. He's got a new album out with John Jowitt on bass right?

NP:
Amaran's Plight - "Voice In The Light"
8. Truth And Tragedy

A really solid album!
Could easily be one of the best releases of 2007, but 'unfortunately' Neal Morse also released "Sola Scriptura", Porcupine Tree released "Fear Of A Blank Planet" and don't forget Magic Pie's "Circus Of Life".

PH

Whoops! Wrong topic. :P (great album though! I recommend it! Now listening to the ninth track, with the amazing instrumental middle section!)

Ahem...

Yesterday I watched the following:

- Nils Holgersson
- Wickie de Viking
- Sinbad de Zeeman

Thanks to revived 'Kindernet'! ;)

Oh nostalgia! ;D

Draco chimera

Wow, it's been a long time! Sorry for my sudden disappearance.
I recently watched the whole Flashforward series. It was pretty good, I'm so disappointed ABC cancelled the show! Even though the scenarists had to end it in a few episodes, I think the finale was awesome.
About the discussion that must have took place some weeks ago, I haven't seen Outcasts yet. My father may have it, he talked to me about it. I'm going to check it out soon.