News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Playing Thread

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-14, 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Sun, 2011-02-06, 10:35:40
What whelks are doing at dusk

Funky, welkin is an old word for the sky, heaven(s), or upper air, related to the German Wolken.

Well, tellya, Emperor are a great group. The main guy is Ihsahn, who's done a lotta other remarkable stuff, some of it under his own name (which of course is an artist name, as is the tradition in Norwegian black metal).

Apart from Norwegian black metal being one of the most exciting genres these days, these guys are surprisingly literate. Twenty years ago they started out with outrageous behaviour and music, murdering each other and burning churches. That's really changed, as nowadays they take degrees in stuff like history of religions, get married and have kids, and tend ordinary day jobs ... and of course make awesome music.

Maybe Roomies will eventually discover this  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

Nicky007

NP  Kamelot:  The Great Pandemonium

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Trjxuc6Q2c

Great video  *horns*

It's also cool seeing Thomas giving it his all in a guitar solo. He don't do that often  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

NP  Sparks & Faith No More:  This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d17UkOTIwyg&feature=rec-LGOUT-real_rev-rn-1r-7-HM

What a ball  *horns*

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

NP  KoK:  Kolossus

This stuff is over the top. You guys don't know what you're missin  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Teunis

Gazpacho - Bravo
Gazpacho - Missa Atropos

Went to the Gazpacho gig @ De Boerderij in Zoetermeer yesterday. Oh boy, I'm impressed  8). Awesome it was, the audience went crazy. The band was amazed, they couldn't believe it and came back for a second encore (as far as I know that was the only time during their tour). I bought their debut album 'Bravo' and got it signed by 5 of the band members. We couldn't find the keyboardist ;). What an evening  *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

funkster

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2011-02-06, 20:14:28
Gazpacho - Bravo
Gazpacho - Missa Atropos

Went to the Gazpacho gig @ De Boerderij in Zoetermeer yesterday. Oh boy, I'm impressed  8). Awesome it was, the audience went crazy. The band was amazed, they couldn't believe it and came back for a second encore (as far as I know that was the only time during their tour). I bought their debut album 'Bravo' and got it signed by 5 of the band members. We couldn't find the keyboardist ;). What an evening  *horns*.

Great story  :)

Bupie

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2011-02-05, 20:50:23
What a shame , i love the 2 Keeper albums and the last 2 or 3 Gamma Ray albums are solid slabs of metal   *horns*

I must agree with the Funkster on this one.
True, Keeper pt I isn't well produced but as a heavy metal album it sure as h*ll reaches high grounds and the same goes for Keeper pt II.
Pt I is more a Kay Hansen-Helloween album while pt II is more a Michael Weikath-Helloween album.
You might know that there is also a pt III and though it's a good album, I can't imagine a Keeper of the Seven Keys album without Michael Kiske. ;)
OK, guys, I didn't say I had given up on them. In fact, I am going to play Keeper Pt1 in a few minutes, as soon as my NP album is over.

NP Avantasia - The Metal Opera Pt1
I won't make any proselytism but Funkster and Mad, if you like so much the aforementioned albums, one day you'll end up listening to The Metal Opera Pt1 and you'll think : "OK, now I understand what Bups meant"   ;) Oh, and by the way, there are both Kiske and Hansen on it   :)

For Nicky about BG : from Tales to NIME, you can't go wrong. Before those I don't know but it's labelled as approximative speed/thrash metal ; after, I really struggle with Hansi "new" voice   :P

Teunis

Still in a Gazpacho mood so:

Gazpacho - Tick Tock
Gazpacho - Bravo

8)

funkster

Avantasia - Angel of Babylon

Liking it so far Bups  ;)  Might move onto the Metal Opera or Scarecrow later

Bupie

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2011-02-08, 14:06:29
Avantasia - Angel of Babylon
Liking it so far Bups  ;)  Might move onto the Metal Opera or Scarecrow later
Cool  8)

Funnily, Angel of Babylon is the only one that I haven't listened to yet ... but I will do that soon.

My advice for the next move is to go for Metal Opera Pt1. More power/speed metal and less hard rock than on the others but really stunning speed metal IMHO  *horns*

NP Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned

funkster

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2011-02-08, 14:22:09

Cool  8)

Funnily, Angel of Babylon is the only one that I haven't listened to yet ... but I will do that soon.

My advice for the next move is to go for Metal Opera Pt1. More power/speed metal and less hard rock than on the others but really stunning speed metal IMHO  *horns*

NP Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned

Will do

Listened to Poetry last night in fact - great minds think alike  ;)

Teunis

Gazpacho - Night
Gazpacho - Firebird

Peter

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2011-02-06, 13:29:09
NP  Kamelot:  The Great Pandemonium

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Trjxuc6Q2c

Great video  *horns*

It's also cool seeing Thomas giving it his all in a guitar solo. He don't do that often  8)

Nicky.

Yeah, really cool rocker, only to much throat again.... hope the rest of the album is not like that...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-9zH-bk-Vw&feature=related

Kamelot - House on a hill (feat Simone Simons... hmmm, lecker :) )

beautiful ballad.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Gazpacho - When Earth Lets Go
Gazpacho - Bravo

Bupie

NW The first ever Vanden Plas videoclip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCRy5yR7uo4

Sounds and looks good, although Simone won't show up this time, Peter  ;)

funkster

Avantasia - the metal opera

I was convinced it was Bruce Dickinson singing!! 

Nicky007

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2011-02-09, 16:36:59
Yeah, really cool rocker, only to much throat again.... hope the rest of the album is not like that...

You'r prepared to thro't out  :o

NP  Zero Hour:  The Towers of Avarice  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2011-02-10, 15:05:22
Avantasia - the metal opera

I was convinced it was Bruce Dickinson singing!!
Really ? I read many times that Tobias Sammet's voice is close to Dickinson's one but it doesn't strike me so much. Did you listen to Pt1 or Pt2 ? At first, I was mainly blown away by Pt1 but now I do love both : so many speed metal anthems and incredible long pieces too (Sign of The Cross, The Tower, Seven Angels) *horns* Alex Holzwarth's drumming is really uplifting !

NP Stride - Imagine
I didn't answer your question, Nick, but yes, I really like this album. A brilliant mix of prog, metal and AOR. I don't know if the band is still alive, though.

funkster

Metal Opera pt1 and Angel of Babylon by Avantasia

Both rock a big fat one  *horns*

Bupie , i salute you  :D 

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2011-02-10, 16:34:36
NP Stride - Imagine
I didn't answer your question, Nick, but yes, I really like this album. A brilliant mix of prog, metal and AOR.

8)  Bups.

NP  Zero Hour:  Dark Deceiver  *horns*

This band is very difficult to get into, as they are harsh and battering. I recommend their first album, Metamorphosis, as a good point of entry, as it's quite melodic and has a lotta lyric passages  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

A night at the opera by Blind Guardian

Hugely OTT like a mad mix of Queen and Helloween  8)

maddox

Will go to the concert of Fates Warning in Amersfoort (the Flatlands) in a bit so it's obvious what I'm playing at this very moment. ;)

Indeed!

Perfect Symmetry

How lovely!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2011-02-13, 15:21:52
Will go to the concert of Fates Warning in Amersfoort (the Flatlands) in a bit...

So, were they any good? ;)

I just got home from a lovely day with the lady. We went to see the Queen-musical We Will Rock You and afterwards had a romantic dinner in a nice and cozy restaurant.

Needless to say, Queen is blasting through my speakers at the moment! *horns*

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...