News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

"Good morning!"

Started by Steve Jones, Fri, 2009-04-10, 08:28:05

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-06-12, 22:03:06
Not a good idea, Paco.  ;)

Because when there's winter, by your standards we should work less and sleep more (or more spare time, whatever)

But the counterpart of that is that when it's Summer, we have to sleep less and work more.  ;)

Ever thought about that?  :D

You mean you want to lie in your bed when the warm sun is shining? If the answer is yes, than that's got nothing to do with tiredness but with lazyness.
In the summer we can get up a little bit earlier, to do all sorts of things. And we will be able to do so, because we slept so much in the winter! ;)

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-06-12, 22:03:06
Ever thought about that?  :D

Yes. ;)

-Paco

Teunis

Good morning, had to take out the dog and don't feel like going to bed again  ;D. It's a sunny day, let's enjoy it.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

Yeah, good morning from me too, and greets from Stockholm. We arrived yesterday afternoon and walked thru pouring rain 1 1/2 km to the youth hostel, where we're staying for two days. Visited the two sons (Ms') who share an apartment on the 21st floor with a fabulous panorama over Stockholm. Had a great veggie buffet at a Libanese restaurant.

Today's the birthday party, so lookin forward to that. Gonna see some more of the city before.

Had to sneek outta the bedroom cause Ms was still tired from a busy week, and I forgot the coffee, but I was sooo fortunate to find a pouch of cappucino in the hostel kitchen, so I'm enjoying a hot cup'o that now  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2009-06-12, 21:42:10
How about that?

Actually seriously, you got some good points there, Paxi:  Yes, I think too that we should sleep more during the winter than the summer. And considering that a formidable proportion of what's produced in this world is junk, we could cut down on that and spend more of our energy on genuine intellectual and cultural pursuits.

But how to reverse this vulgarisation  ???

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2009-06-13, 08:11:49
... the youth hostel, where we're staying for two days ...

What are you doing in a youth hostel, old man? ;D ;)

Walking through pouring rain, can be very romantic.

Hey, and you even have internet connection there! So you don't have to search for a library, or paying bills. :D

Re: my political ideas:
Yes, I actually seriously have thought about that for a while. Perhaps I should start a political party? ;D Who wants to help? ;)

Oh, and good morning! ;)

-Paco

erik

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2009-06-13, 08:26:55
Actually seriously, you got some good points there, Paxi:  Yes, I think too that we should sleep more during the winter than the summer. And considering that a formidable proportion of what's produced in this world is junk, we could cut down on that and spend more of our energy on genuine intellectual and cultural pursuits.
But how to reverse this vulgarisation  ???
Both good points! Let's found a Prog Party and write a anti-vulgarisation manifesto! Prog for President *horns*

Seriously, not an easy question, how to reverse the vulgarisation and superficiality that is commonplace. Prog is not likely to win from populism that is certainly on the rise here in Holland.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Iggy

Quote from: erik on Sat, 2009-06-13, 11:21:30
Both good points! Let's found a Prog Party and write a anti-vulgarisation manifesto! Prog for President *horns*

Seriously, not an easy question, how to reverse the vulgarisation and superficiality that is commonplace. Prog is not likely to win from populism that is certainly on the rise here in Holland.

Great idea.

and

Good morning.

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2009-06-13, 12:34:02
Great idea

and

Good Morning.

;D Iggy.

But when the world is like it is, we gotta right to dream, don't we ?

Yeah, Prog For President !!!

I'm in, guys  8)

Gotta tellya:  Yesterday eve, I was at a party with people my own age. Made me realise that I and Ms 007 are pretty old, man. (Almost all the other guys had ties on.)  ;D

After the meal, a junior family member put on some music that he considered appropriate for our generation: Some album by The Mamas And The Papas. Man, that was such a downer for me. I'd been listening to QOTSA and Queensrÿche during the afternoon. Everybody else seemed happy. After some 1/2 hour of really feeling knocked out (not even the Campari helped) I looked thru the cd-collection, and to my joy, I found a Dire Straits album. I then fought my way to the cd-player and sneaked DS on. Nobody else seemed to notice that the music had changed, but this covert operation saved my evening. I started gettin all social again, and at the end of the evening, people seemed to signal that they had enjoyed my company.

See, guys, music makes all the difference in Nixworld. Guess you guys are the same, huh ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

erik

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-06-14, 10:50:23
;D Iggy.

But when the world is like it is, we gotta right to dream, don't we ?

Yeah, Prog For President !!!

I'm in, guys  8)

Gotta tellya:  Yesterday eve, I was at a party with people my own age. Made me realise that I and Ms 007 are pretty old, man. (Almost all the other guys had ties on.)  ;D

After the meal, a junior family member put on some music that he considered appropriate for our generation: Some album by The Mamas And The Papas. Man, that was such a downer for me. I'd been listening to QOTSA and Queensrÿche during the afternoon. Everybody else seemed happy. After some 1/2 hour of really feeling knocked out (not even the Campari helped) I looked thru the cd-collection, and to my joy, I found a Dire Straits album. I then fought my way to the cd-player and sneaked DS on. Nobody else seemed to notice that the music had changed, but this covert operation saved my evening. I started gettin all social again, and at the end of the evening, people seemed to signal that they had enjoyed my company.

See, guys, music makes all the difference in Nixworld. Guess you guys are the same, huh ?

Nicky.
:D Made me laugh, but it is sad really! These kind of things makes you feel out of place and out of sync with the rest. But you cunningly improved the situation! Music does make all the difference. Many people don't really listen and to them it makes no difference what's on as long as it isn't disturbing, we proggies do listen and then a lot of music can be very disturbing and off-putting.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2009-06-13, 10:49:17
What are you doing in a youth hostel, old man? ;D ;)

Actually I'v encountered quite a lot of people my age and older in so-called youth hostels. Guess that's why they call'm simply "hostels" nowadays.

I'd say: Wet  >:(

Hey, and you even have internet connection there! So you don't have to search for a library, or paying bills. :D

Guess they have'm in all hotels and hostels nowadays.

... or paying bills. :D

Don't remind me of the f*in bills, Paxi  >:( ;D

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Good Morning!  And for a change, I was tired enough that I went to sleep at what passes for a normal hour, so it actually IS morning here.

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2009-06-13, 10:49:17

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-06-15, 10:20:46
I'd say: Wet  >:(

I have to agree with Paco here.  Some nice memories there...  Also, being aquatic, I like rain.   ;)
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

maddox

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2009-06-15, 19:41:12
Hello.

How are you?

Who? Me?

I'm fine! ;D

Good morning/afternoon/evening everybody/one! ;)

maddox

PH

I wanted to say good morning, but it's no morning, so I won't.

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-06-16, 13:07:14
I wanted to say good morning, but it's no morning, so I won't.

It's not even morning here, and I'm not so sure about good either.  However, in the spirit in which this category is meant, I hope none of you step in whatever portion of today is not good.

PH

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-06-16, 18:18:37
I hope none of you step in whatever portion of today is not good.

Ahhhh how progressive! 8)

Oh, and a good evening! :)
(Or whatever part of the day/night it is in Manatee's hut)

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-06-16, 19:24:54
(Or whatever part of the day/night it is in Manatee's hut)

It's more of a cluttered underwater cave, really.  And good morning.  My body seems to be awake, although my brain hasn't admitted it yet.

PH

maddox

PH

Last night I closed the room, and now I officially open the room again.
Good morning!
Have a nice day!

-Paco

maddox

Good afternoon, 'all.

Teunis

Good morning folks, enjoy your new day  *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)