News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Is Arena dead?

Started by cabo, Mon, 2008-12-29, 22:33:48

Previous topic - Next topic

cabo

Yeah, serious question but have to be asked! Nothing is happening in this forum, the only new forum posts is what excellent members and IMHO impressing "hardcore forum-members" are listening to. So what is happening to Arena? Is the band dead?

Clive is the only person from Arena in this forum and the last time logged in was : 2008-10-21. Over two months ago!!!!

I check this forum everyday to see what my favourite band is doing, but the only news is what other bands forum-members are listening to. (yeah i'm cutting corners)

So if the band is on leave... then say so!

So if the band is finished... then say so!

So if there are any Arena plans for the future... then say so!

This is really frustrating... whats the point with a fan forum if there isn't any band input?

And please excuse my english...

:(

Nicky007

Quote from: cabo on Mon, 2008-12-29, 22:33:48
Nothing is happening in this forum ...

Hey, Cabo, you don't seem to have much sense of timing. Right now there's actually a lot of interesting stuff going on in the Room.

Had you said this a few days ago, I would have agreed a bit.

And please excuse my English ...

That's ok. I can understand you, and that's what's important. This is an international forum after all  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

The band is dealive!

Clive is very busy with a lot of things:
- Caamora
- Shadowland
- Pendragon

John Mitchell too:
- It Bites
- Frost*

And Mick Pointer:
- Script Tour

Dunno what the others are up to.

Clive said he was busy writing Arena-stuff again, so don't worry! ;)

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-12-29, 22:47:02
The band is dealive!

Clive is very busy with a lot of things:
- Caamora
- Shadowland
- Pendragon

John Mitchell too:
- It Bites
- Frost*

And Mick Pointer:
- Script Tour

Dunno what the others are up to.

Clive said he was busy writing Arena-stuff again, so don't worry! ;)

-Paco

I just wanted to click on 'post' with a similar reply but Paco beat me to the punch.

No worries, Cabo.
I don't believe Arena is dead. It's just on hold for the time being.
I do agree that it can be a bit frustrating but there are so many other things they are doing right now individually so that would keep us busy until Arena will step into the eh...Arena again.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2008-12-29, 22:51:58
I just wanted to click on 'post' with a similar reply but Paco beat me to the punch.

I'm sorry Maddox! :(
If I had known, I should let you have that honour. ;D

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2008-12-29, 22:51:58
I do agree that it can be a bit frustrating but there are so many other things they are doing right now individually so that would keep us busy until Arena will step into the eh...Arena again.  ;)

:D :D :D

Indeed! And there are a lot of other bands putting out excellent stuff at the moment!
And of course you are more than welcome to post some more about what you are listening to. ;) And perhaps you can participate in other topics as well while you're at it. A forum is more than just a place to check for news. ;) :)

-Paco

cabo

as i mentioned i visit this forum daily and i know everything about all the other projects...

all these projects i can read about on other forums..

But i love arena and would appreciate some info about what the future brings for this band.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: cabo on Mon, 2008-12-29, 23:00:02
...would appreciate some info about what the future brings for this band.

I agree with you there! It would at least make the waiting for a new album a lot more comforting.

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

johninblack

To quote John Mitchell's MySpace page.

Quote from: John Mitchell's Blurbs
About me:
I'm a right moody f**ker who plays guitar/bass/sings in to following bands:- A Arena (whenever we can be ars*d)

Which I guess means not as often as WE would like. At the end of the day it's their band so it's entirely up to them if they pursue Arena or any of the other projects.

Clive

OK... let me explain....

After working hard with Arena for about ten years, both Mick and I felt it was time to take a break. We both had things we wanted to do, and while it was easier for other band members to go off and play with other projects, we were kind of 'strapped to the mast'. So, after 'Pepper's Ghost', it was time to put things on ice for a while.

Naturally, when breaks like this happen, everyone fills the gaps with other things, so it becomes harder to gather everyone together again. However, we are all now ready to move forward with Arena.

So:
Has Arena split up? No, not at all!
Are there plans for Arena to do anything new? Yes
When will there be a new album? That is impossible to answer right now. It depends on how fast we write the album.

Mick and I had a short meeting before he went off on tour with the 'Script', and we agreed that we would meet again (after the Shadowland tour and some Caamora dates..;), and start writing this elusive seventh album!
We do have a few bits of material already, and I have a concept and a title, so things have already started. It's just a matter of regaining the time we need.

I can tell you that the next album will be pretty dark (no surprises there!), and deals with some awkward themes.
You want something exclusive?...ok..... The next Arena album will be called....

The Tinder Box

I hope that answers a few questions

Clive

Nicky007

Great news, Clive  8)

We wish you guys all the best  :)

Drop a note once in a while  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

mdread666

Hi Clive,

Good to finally get some Arena news and to know that the beast is still alive !

Hopefully with the 4 year hiatus you and Mick will be in a suitably creative frame of mind when you finally get together to do some writing.

'The Tinder Box'....ohh, you tease !! - You know that the more info you give out the more we want - a vicious circle........... there you go, there's a track title for starters !!
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

PH

Hi Clive!

That answers some questions indeed!
Fantastic news!

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2009-01-19, 17:46:12
We do have a few bits of material already, and I have a concept and a title, so things have already started.
That's really exciting! ;D

It's just a matter of regaining the time we need.
Especially JM seems very busy...

I can tell you that the next album will be pretty dark (no surprises there!), and deals with some awkward themes.

The Tinder Box
That's excellent! ;D
This is the info that a lot of people were waiting for!
I wonder what awkward themes will be dealt with!

And I hope to meet you at a Shadowland gig soon! ;)

-Paco

cabo

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy  good news!

Thanx Clive!

The Butterfly Man

Finally! Great news Clive! I'm excited! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Draco chimera

Wow ! Great news indeed ! Thanks Clive ! Good luck for this next album *horns*
Let your conscience decide !

maddox

Thanks for the Update, Clive.  :)

Muchly appreciated.
Great to hear that everything's okay in the Arena-camp.  *horns*

The Tinder Box...

I like the sound of that.
Needles to say that i'm looking forward to this.  8)

Teunis

That makes my day, thanks Clive! Good luck, first with the Shadowland tour, and then with the new album  *horns*. Great!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2009-01-19, 20:25:44
Needles to say that i'm looking forward to this.  8)

And what about the pins? Do they say something too?

maddox

Nicky007

Needless to say that it needs needles (or noodles) to get Mad to say that he's looking forward to it  ::)

There aint much Amaseffer in Arena  :P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-01-19, 21:31:00

There aint much Amaseffer in Arena  :P

Nicky.

Only when you count to TEN.  :P

Steve Jones

Truckin' femendous new! *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2009-01-19, 21:49:12
Only when you count to TEN.  :P

Is it the space before or after that makes it ten, Mad ?  ;D

But seriously, that's what has puzzled me all along: That to my mind, if you take Ten today with The Twilight Chronicles, and you take the heavier songs of Arena, that's as close as you get to Arena with any other group; so why is there not more interest in Ten here in the Room ? That really beats me  ::) ::) ::)

That just proves, Tom, that I'm not psychic, cause a psychic would'v figured it out. I'l probably go to my grave with this mystery  ???

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

mdread666

We do have a few bits of material already, and I have a concept and a title, so things have already started. It's just a matter of regaining the time we need.

The Tinder Box

Clive

Clive, is 'The Tinder Box' going to be in any way based on the fairytale of the same title by Hans Christian Andersen ?

From Wikipedia................

"The Tinder Box" (Danish: Fyrtøiet) is a fairy tale by Danish poet and author Hans Christian Andersen about a soldier who acquires a magic tinder box capable of summoning three dogs to do his bidding. When the soldier uses the tinder box to bring a sleeping princess to his chamber, he is arrested, but escapes execution through the intervention of the three dogs. Andersen's tale has its source in folk material, and, for some, his retelling may reflect his desire for social revenge after suffering various humiliations in his youth. "The Tinder Box" was published in 1835, and twice again during Andersen's lifetime. The tale has been adapted to various media including ballet and animated film.
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

Clive

No... this is not based on the fairy tale in any way....

Clive