News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Participation in polls

Started by Deenfan, Tue, 2008-07-29, 12:01:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you gonna vote in this poll?!

Yes
5 (62.5%)
Maybe
3 (37.5%)
No
5 (62.5%)
I want cheese
4 (50%)
We're all out
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Deenfan

I woke up this morning, and I just knew I had to know...

Teunis

I voted for 'no', it's a stupid poll  ;D ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2008-07-29, 12:01:53

... what's known.

So it's the silly season. We finished the album, there are no other new interesting albums right now, we've done enough w*ing, so this is what comes out'o'it  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2008-07-29, 12:01:53

Every band does a blues number in their set, it's tradition or an old charter or something.  I see you've written the first line of yours.  ;)

Years of conditioning mean I vote either 'Dark Side of the Moon', 'Nursery Cryme' or 'Jimi Hendrix' in music polls.  I'm confused because I can't find any of these.  :o
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Deenfan

Superb stuff, guys!

Keep 'em coming. I have a feeling this might be the intellectual highland of 2008. Probably only in retrospect anno 3008, but let's do our best! ;D

Appelmoes??

I'll have to think this over... It looks like a really important thing, so I can't decide just now...

But, you're used to that, aren't you Deenie? ;) :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Yes, maybe I want cheese.  :P
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

PH

I definately want cheese, so I just HAD to vote 'yes'.
And 'I want cheese' of course.
Cuz I do!

-Paco

Nicky007

I difünytlö don't want cheese, so I vote 'no'.

But dåfÿn¨jïtlëë welcome back, Paxi !

What'v u been up to lätlÿ ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-08-16, 17:26:20
I difünytlö don't want cheese, so I vote 'no'.

But dåfÿn¨jïtlëë welcome back, Paxi !

What'v u been up to lätlÿ ?

Nicky.

Vacation, mate.
I can recommend it.

-Paco

Nicky007

;D Gotit Paxi !

So what was the prog content of your vacation ?

No real vacation for me this summer, as I just started in ISS Facility Services, trimmin lawns and bushes (the big ones, if that helps)  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-08-17, 11:21:54;D Gotit Paxi !

So what was the prog content of your vacation ?
Well, nothing really progressive about my vacation: Gerolstein, Germany, for the eleventh time or something... But it's always very relaxing.
And of course I took a lot of music with me (on my MPIO MP3 player, as well as the physical disc for car playing ;D).
My dad really enjoys IQ now and then, so when I popped The Seventh House in the car player he didn't tell me to shut (it) off/up. He did even whistle along.
Same goes for the Ray Wilson cds, of which we both have fond memories.
I also got him (and the rest in the car) to listen to the second disc of Neal Morse's Testimony. When the tracks In The Middle and The Storm came in, even my little brother (11) asked if we could play those songs again.
Roine Stolt's Wall Street Voodoo did very well too. But Liquid Tension Experiment didn't stay long in the player. ("Please, not this kind of music!" (Dad), "Turn it off!" (little brother) and "Do they call this music?" (Mum)).
Threshold (Subsurface) was not very popular either. At first they didn't complain very much (just the occasional sighs and "Do we have to listen to this?") but then we got lost in a big city (hopelessly searching for a parking spot) and there was a lot of frustration and then my dad said "Get that noise out!". So the rest of the day I didn't even think about playing another disc in the car again.
Even Edenbridge got a spin! And the family didn't complain (only with the second song, which is possibly the heaviest, so I skipped it (to my regret)).
On the way home from Germany to The Netherlands I played Porcupine Tree's In Absentia. My dad can appreciate it very much. Except for (of course) Wedding Nails (which I love, but I can imagine).

Ah well... the life of a young progger in a non-prog family car. :D

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-08-17, 11:21:54No real vacation for me this summer, as I just started in ISS Facility Services, trimmin lawns and bushes (the big ones, if that helps)  ;D
We can tell by the way you walk.
Hum-di-dum-di-dum.

-Paco

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2008-08-17, 15:22:54
We can tell by the way you walk.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Mowing-blade sharp wit!  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

At least I walk the talk  8)

Does that bring me closer to voting in this poll ?  "Maybe"  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2008-08-17, 15:22:54
Ah well... the life of a young progger in a non-prog family car. :D

Nice, Paxi  :)

You should actually consider yourself lucky. My Mum can't handle anything heavier than Simon & Garfunkel, and my Dad lives on Long Island, and I don't think he cares much about music.

Ms 007 some years ago listened a lot to groups like Paradise Lost, Yes, and Iron Maiden. Nowadays she listens less to music, and when, it's mostly stuff like Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Rammstein, and Marillion.

My brother (now in Paris) was at the cutting edge some 40 years ago (in Cop), but now he listens to easy stuff like Mark Knopfler. My sister (L.I.) listens to random r'n'b, mainly in the car. I got three more half-siblings; none of'm are into prog.

I have three semi-close friends who like stuff like DT - and that's it with regard to friends, so I'm very much alone with my preferred music. However, since music means so much to me, I'm meeting and talking with a lot of people on the Internet, in CD-stores, and at concerts. Oh, and btw, there's also a crazy forum called The Shattered Room ...... but that's a loooooong story  ;D

Nicky. 
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-08-17, 20:14:01
Oh, and btw, there's also a crazy forum called The Shattered Room ...... but that's a loooooong story  ;D

Nicvky. 

Please, do tell!  :P
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.