News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Mick's Script!

Started by creme anglais, Mon, 2007-12-17, 12:10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

creme anglais

To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Script for a Jester's Tear Mick Pointer and friends will be touring in April 2008 throughout Europe playing this remarkable album in it's entirity plus some extra special numbers from the early days................(*cough* Grendel *cough* ? ? ?   :P )

The line up will be Mick Pointer (ex-Marillion and Arena), Nick Barrett (Pendragon), Mike Varty(Credo), Ian Salmon (Arena) and introducing after an exhausting world wide search Brian Cummins in the shoes of the big man. Brian is an incredible addition to the line up, with an amazing voice and stage presence!
(you can catch him being Peter Gabriel on his website here http://www.carpetcrawlers.com/index.htm )

So if you are lucky enough to be too young to have caught this amazing live show the first time round, or you are hungry for the nostalgia and heady days of the early 80's then this show is unmissable!

A full run down of dates will be announced soon although Boerderij Zoetermeer, Holland is now confirmed for 17th April 2008.

PH

Kewl...

Notes in agenda.

-Paco

Appelmoes??

Why always Zoetermeer :'( There are other places in the Netherlands where they can play :(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: creme anglais on Mon, 2007-12-17, 12:10:55
To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Script for a Jester's Tear Mick Pointer and friends will be touring in April 2008 throughout Europe playing this remarkable album in it's entirity plus some extra special numbers from the early days................(*cough* Grendel *cough* ? ? ?   :P )

Great, great *handclaps* can't wait :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2007-12-17, 23:42:57
Why always Zoetermeer :'( There are other places in the Netherlands where they can play :(

Because Zoetermeer has "De Boerderij". And somehow they are very open to Prog acts. I bet they are relatively cheap too.

-Paco

JJ II

Come on! Let's focus on the REAL news: Mick will be back to play Script. YEAH ROCK!  *horns*

And what a line-up. Looking forward to this a lot!

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2007-12-17, 23:42:57

Ph has a point here, although there are others who are heavy/prog minded too. 013 for instance in Tilburg, which really isn't an option for you. But you're right: A little bit to the centre of the Netherlands would be better.

But...

It's great news!  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

creme anglais

There will be a full tour of dates, I only gave you the Boerderij gig as it's the only firm fixed date so far, there will be more to come so there will be other venues to chose!

wagner

Hi all!

http://www.wiventertainment.de/       

is the place to find all the infos that you need for Script of a Jester's Tour. There is more dates also it will tell you where to buy the tickets...and here some more dates... will have more soon!

17/04/08       NED       Zoetermeer       De Boerderij       

21/04/08       GER       Aschaffenburg         Colos-Saal       
22/04/08       GER       Stuttgart         LKA Longhorn       
23/04/08       SUI       Pratteln           Z 7       
24/04/08       BEL       Verviers           Spirit of 66       
25/04/08       GER       Bochum                 Zeche    

;D    *horns*
Wagner   
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

GERWING

Hello,

Appelmoes, I totally agree with you, they could also go to Rijssen Lucky & Co. Where Marillion a few weeks ago did a gig.
But If you need a place for a ride to Zoetermeer? let me know, I believe you are also from the "east side" of Holland Twente???

Gerwin

JJ II

So here I am once more....

and who's there tomorrow too ?? Looking forward to see you all in Zoetermeer!

creme anglais

well I was at Riff's last night and if you are going to one of the other shows you are definitely in for a TREAT!!!!  It was fabulous!  If you are sitting on the fence as to whether or not to go, well I thoroughly recommend that you jump in with BOTH feet, it really was a great night. I've just been reading comments from those who were there last night on the Fish yahoo group and the MOLF and despite the moaning minnies those folk who actually saw the show are all raiving about it!!!!

Well done Mick and the boys, you all deserve a very big hug and a cheer, superb! 

C-A xxx

HelenDo

I completely agree Creme Anglais - it was a fab night. Anyone unsure about this show, then just get yourself along, you won't regret it  ;)

Helen xxx

PH

Any pictures from Mick in action?

Good to hear that both of you enjoyed yourselves!

-Paco

JJ II

It was truely awesome! The band were very tight and obviously enjoyed playing these classics. Nick said he was quite nervous playing someone elses material, but he really enjoyed it, I'd say. Ian was clapping and cheering, Mike was doing some incredible leads and Mick was visible overseeing it all with a big smile that said: 'this is my heritage'. He's right to be proud. About 400 people had a great night singing and clapping along. Many of them sang along every single syllable.

Brian was a revelation. Fish's early range with a lot of squeek-ism (I know that's not a word) in his vocals, demand a lot of his chords, but I'd Biran did better than the tall man himself nowadays. He's definately close. But what suprised me the most, is how close he is performance wise: he is Fish. Not just the Jester's pyjama's, and the make-up but in many gestures, the way he holds the mike, moves on stage and the scottish accent. Brian's not just a great singer, but he is a great impersonator. He struggled a bit with Margaret, but the rest of the set, I thought sound and vision were as close as one can get to the original.

Personal highlights: Chelsea Monday and Forgotten Sons. [great solos by Nick!]

JJ II

Here's a couple of pictures for those who couldn't be there,.... or for those who are still in doubt whether to go or not....

creme anglais

Brilliant!!!! Can you send me a copy of the last one JJ? I'll send it to Brian's Face book! I know he'll love it!

Nice to see they havn't lost the mask yet!

I've just been talking to Charlie O'Mara who nipped over for the Zoetermeer gig last night, and is still buzzing with it!  Glad it all went well, hope they had a good night tonight!

creme anglais

I know that now they are 4 gigs into the tour hundreds of people have had a truly fabulous time seing this show....
There are some great reviews out there, I wanted to post this for you all......

This picture was kindly sent to me by Nick Askew, he has dozens of pics, plus a great review on his site http://www.askew.nl/

(Thanks Nick!)

R x

Cagemember 321

I´ve seen the show in Cologne.
And from the first note played, it was a very emotional evening with brillant music, perfect musicans and a singer, very close to fish.
Also the scottish accent was nearly fish.
It was beautiful, to hear the music I love LIVE!
The songs are so powerful, that the blew me away.

After the gig, I´ve had the chance to talk to Mick.
And he said, that maybe there is a chance to see more Script gigs in the future, if reactions are positive and enough people come to the concerts!!!
So tell it to your friends and campaign for the Script Concerts. It´s brilliant!!!

One thing that made me contemplative: Brians voice was already at this fourth night at some passages very hoarse.

Please excuse the errors in my post - I use english diction not very often.

Peter

Hi all,

been to the Lorsch show last Sunday night and it was absolutely brilliant. The guys were in a good mood and so was the crowd, everybody was enjoying the evening.

I got a round of autographs on my poster after the show, a few firendly chats witht the band, and: a drum pad signed by Mick  8)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

wagner

wow! another tour for script... 2009 Scrit tour will be  returning  to Europe... www.wiventertainment.de

*horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns*
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

maddox

Quote from: WIV Entertainment23/01/09       NED       Zoetermeer       De Boerderij
24/01/09       NED       Uden       De Pul

YAY!  8)

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Fury

Oohh that's fabulous news! I am so going to be there!
I loved the show at Zoetermeer. The sound was great,
the performance was great and the songs were, of course,
great :-)
Special mention to the very Fish-like movements and mimic
Brian Cummins displayed! I was absolutely amazed!

Maybe 2 shows in Holland would even be better? Or am I acting
like a spoilt little brat now? ;-)
Why do you laugh at my hopeless appeal for your mercy?