News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Favourite ARENA album

Started by Moonloop, Tue, 2005-02-15, 14:06:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Think the title is self explanatory !!

Songs From The Lions Cage
1 (1.6%)
Pride
4 (6.5%)
The Visitor
17 (27.4%)
Immortal
8 (12.9%)
Contagion
32 (51.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Moonloop

Someone asked this in another thread so I thought I'd set up a poll - besides, I've never done one of these before and wanted to see how it worked  ::)

Only 5 options and so left off the new album as people are still getting used to it (or haven't bought it yet  :o )

Cheers..!!
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Moonloop

Blimey...that actually worked, I'm impressed with myself. Need a coffee now.... ;)

Appelmoes??

I'll just make a list.

1 - Contagion (+C'ous & C'ium)
2 - Pepper's Ghost
3 - Songs from the Lion Cage
4 - The Visitor
5 - Immortal?
6 - The Cry
7 - Pride
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Good poll, come on people! Vote!

Constable Hogweed

1 The Visitor
2 Peppers Ghost
3 Songs from the lions cage
4 Immortal?
5 Contagion
6 Pride

Mark Jan

We still got this topic, but it's good to see the results in a poll. So, a good poll in my view!  ;) I voted for The Visitor!

But they are all very close.  Ok, let't try to make a list.

1 The Visitor
2 Pride
3 Songs from the lions cage
4 Contagion
5 Immortal?

But the distance between The Visitor and Immortal? is very small. Oh, I barely dare to say it in this forum, but I STILL haven't Pepper's Ghost  :-X :( The problem is the money at this moment. But I promise, I'll have my copy before spring!

Moonloop

Quote from: Mark Jan on Wed, 2005-02-16, 13:12:08
Oh, I barely dare to say it in this forum, but I STILL haven't Pepper's Ghost  :-X :( The problem is the money at this moment. But I promise, I'll have my copy before spring!

Sorry to hear your cashflow has dried up  :( , bear in mind though that the first pressing of "Pepper's Ghost" is the limited edition digibook - don't want to miss out on that, do you  :o

CygnusX1

Chose 'Immortal?' from that list, but I really think Pepper's Ghost may well be their best yet.  ATM I'd rank the albums...

1. Pepper's Ghost
2. Immortal?
3. Contagion
4. The Visitor
5. Songs..
6. Pride

Mark Jan

Really! Do you know how long this limited edition will be available, or how many copies were pressed? I certainly don't wanna miss that edition! I'll check ik out by myself and will buy it soon! Thanks for your warning Moonloop!  :)

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-02-16, 13:52:46
Sorry to hear your cashflow has dried up  :( , bear in mind though that the first pressing of "Pepper's Ghost" is the limited edition digibook - don't want to miss out on that, do you  :o

Moonloop

I'm sorry Mark, I don't know numbers. There's certainly no problem getting it at the moment (you'd probably be hard pressed to find a jewel case one actually..!!) but it is certainly only a limited edition in that format (maybe similar numbers to the Contaigon digipack). There's no extra music mind  ;) but it's a really good quality package.

Enjoy when you get it  ;D

Mark Jan

Nevermind, I'll order my copy one of these days. At the Verglasstore the special edition is still available, I saw this afternoon. I always like special packages with extra features, like extra information and photos. I heard on a Dutch forum that it contains a cartoon about the characters on the front cover. That's a nice feature I think because it can make it easier to understand the album, because the album itself tells the story behind those characters.

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-02-16, 16:05:53
I'm sorry Mark, I don't know numbers. There's certainly no problem getting it at the moment (you'd probably be hard pressed to find a jewel case one actually..!!) but it is certainly only a limited edition in that format (maybe similar numbers to the Contaigon digipack). There's no extra music mind  ;) but it's a really good quality package.

Enjoy when you get it  ;D

Peter

I'd like to remind everybody to vote in here, if not already done so.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Voyager

1. The Visitor.
      2. Immortal?
      3. Songs From The Lion's Cage.
      4. The Cry.
      5. Pride.
      6. Welcome To The Stage.
      7-8. EPs Contagious/Contagium.
       9. Breakfast In Biaritz.
      10. Contagion.
Although, I didn't listen to Pepper's Ghost-cd(in a whole) yet. :'(

Moonloop

Contagion leading with 42%. Hmm....my least favourite Arena album  ::)

Come on - 138 members & only 21 votes  >:(

Peter

Quote from: Moonloop on Tue, 2005-03-15, 12:57:54

Yes, people, come on! ;)

I find it interesting that Immortal got so little votes until now. It's also a veeery good album, regularly spinning on my side...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Deenfan

I must be the luckiest Arena fan alive. This is my favourite list:

1.Pepper's ghost
2.Contagion
3.Immortal
4.The visitor
5.Pride
6.Songs from the lion's cage

See a pattern? ;D

Only Pepper's are not safe on the first place. I need to have had it for a year or so to know. But it looks great!

Teunis

1. Contagion (took a few spins, but now it's my favourite)
2. The Visitor
3. Pepper's Ghost
4. Immortal?
5. The Cry

These are the only albums I have. Next one to buy: Songs from the Lions cage, followed by Pride.
I want to buy the studio albums first, the live albums will follow later.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2005-03-15, 14:18:27
Quote from: Moonloop on Tue, 2005-03-15, 12:57:54

Yes, people, come on! ;)

I find it interesting that Immortal got so little votes until now. It's also a veeery good album, regularly spinning on my side...

Ok, ok,...
Favorite would probably be 'Contagion', because it is by far the best package with 'ous & 'um altogether. 8)  It is possible that the Contagion saga form my all time favorite package, but this does change alot depending on what is released and what I am listening to...  Immortal is an excellent album though, but 'Pepper's Ghost' is the new one, and so, because I really love this one, it gets played a whole lot more! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Herben

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2005-02-15, 16:49:26
I'll just make a list.

1 - Contagion (+C'ous & C'ium)
2 - Pepper's Ghost
3 - Songs from the Lion Cage
4 - The Visitor
5 - Immortal?
6 - The Cry
7 - Pride

Pride should be much higher!!!
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

marcello

its so difficult to actually decide whic album would be my favourite. Im Listening to "the Visitor" at the moment, but the other week, i was listning to "Immortal?" and i was convinced that was my favourite. Wow, there all good!
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

maddox

The best must be The Visitor. Read a review on DPRP, and it struck at me deeply. Simply the best. Contagion is a good follow-up, though.

Bye Bye.

MAD.   8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

oddball

The best are the live ones. Definitely!
There's really nothing to achieve

manenzza

Seeing Pride at the bottom of some of your lists, just makes med sad.. I sould say studio album in the subject, cause my favourite Arena album is actually Welcome  to the stage. In my opinion the best live album ever made.
"We pay for life with death, everything in between should be free" -Bill Hicks

PH

Pepper's Ghost and The Cry aren't on the list.

Anyway, this is my list:

1. Contagion (Contagious, Contagium)
2. The Visitor
3. Immortal
4. Pepper's Ghost
5. The Cry
6. Songs From The Lion's Cage
7. Pride

I can identify myself with Contagion. I feel like Noah Kemp in this brave new decayed world.
The Visitor is a close second.
I've not got the time to listen to Pride yet.
But from what I've heard, I like all the others better. ;D

Ian Lay

Always a very difficult choice this considering that Arena haven't really done a bad album.  But based on how much I play them:

1.  Contagion (plus EPs)
= The Visitor
3. Pepper's Ghost
4. Song's From the Lion's Cage
5. Immortal?
6. Pride
= The Cry

For me the concept albums work best as albums and this is an album poll.  However, the other albums probably have better outstanding individual tracks.

Even though Pride and The Cry come bottom of my list, they are still great albums.

Cheers,

Ian
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it takes you for a ride, but gets you nowhere.