News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

A New Mad!

Started by maddox, Sun, 2007-10-14, 01:03:26

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

(expected) Release date: January 13th 2008!

Album Cover:

*horns*  *horns*  *horns*  *horns*  *horns*

I'm happy!  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

erik

We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Nicky007

And Good Luck with the pregnancy and childbirth!

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

Whoohoo! Congrats! (Here too ;))
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Congrats mate!! Heres to a smooth, easy pregnancy and birth.

Nicky007

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2007-10-14, 09:57:28
Heres to a smooth, easy pregnancy and birth.

What? I haven't tasted it yet.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Thanks guys. That means a lot to me!  :)

You rock too.  *horns*  :D

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Three months of waiting and you'll have less time to listen to your favourite music  ;). But it'll be worth it, to have children is great. Although I have to say, sometimes not  ;D. Anyway, congratulations  *horns* 8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Thanks again, guys.  :) *horns*

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2007-10-14, 15:25:09
Three months of waiting and you'll have less time to listen to your favourite music  ;). But it'll be worth it, to have children is great. Although I have to say, sometimes not  ;D.

I have that already i'm afraid.  :-\
My daughter is three and a half now and when i play 'my' music she keeps asking for a 'liedje'. Obviously that kind of music has got nothing to do with prog.  :'(  ;D

That last part made me laugh, Teunis.  :D

I agree.  :-\ ;)

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-10-14, 16:17:09
My daughter is three and a half now and when i play 'my' music she keeps asking for a 'liedje'. Obviously that kind of music has got nothing to do with prog.  :'(  ;D
;D Fortunately I have already been through the 'K3' period with my daughter. My kids are 16 (daughter) and 13 (son) . Now I have to face other music like Tiësto and jumpstyle  :-\. I'm trying to get them into prog, sometimes my son is singing along so there's still hope  ;).

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2007-10-14, 16:38:00
Now I have to face other music like Tiësto and jumpstyle  :-\.

Mind if i say that i prefer K3?  ;D

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-10-14, 16:40:42
Mind if i say that i prefer K3?  ;D
If you mean their looks I agree, not the music  ::) ;D

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2007-10-14, 18:36:35
If you mean their looks I agree, not the music  ::) ;D

Well actually after hearing K3 for about ten months now and seeing a dozen DVD's i must confess there is rhythm in their music. It's quite entertaining.  :)

Or it could be the fact that i heard it too many times now and am quite a bit brainwashed.  :P

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sun, 2007-10-14, 18:46:44
Neither :-\

Neither? Not even the looks?  :o

Okay i confess that Karin looks good but not super but the other two...

Well, just an opinion.  ;)

PH

I'd rather listen to the K3 instrumental progressive metal band.

And congratulations, I hope everything works out good!

-Paco

bluepony

Scary... is this a new virus? :o There are such a lot of pregnant women recently...

Anyhow - congratulations, Maddox!

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2007-10-15, 17:40:08
Scary... is this a new virus?

Hopefully not. Two is a decent number.  ;D

Thanks PH and Bluey.  *horns*

Appelmoes??

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-10-14, 20:29:34
Neither? Not even the looks?  :o

Okay i confess that Karin looks good but not super but the other two...

Well, just an opinion.  ;)
I just think the're scary  :-\ The way they act, sing, talk... Act... :o

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2007-10-15, 20:57:23
I just think the're scary  :-\ The way they act, sing, talk... Act... :o

Funny i like the way Belgians are talking. So delicate and distinguished. The way they act, well i can imagine that but they are still an act meant for the youngsters so...

And agree, singing isn't exactly the right word.  :D

Nicky007

Now, if you guys think that you're making any sense ..........

Is this some sort of marshjive?  ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2007-10-15, 21:02:57
Funny i like the way Belgians are talking. So delicate and distinguished. The way they act, well i can imagine that but they are still an act meant for the youngsters so...

And agree, singing isn't exactly the right word.  :D
I like the accent (drools) but I don't like the way they talk as in "the words they use".

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

It's been a while since i reported any news about 'our' pregnancy so brace yourself.
I've copied two posts i've made from the Ayreon forum.

The past weeks have been kind of hard for us. This explains why:

Quote from: maddoxThanks for asking guys.  ;)

Well thing is, i decided that i only wanted to report some news when it would be positive since i feel that somehow, and mind you that is not a complaint at all, bad news travel easy on the board.
I just want to hear or bring good news once in a while or happy stuff.

So that's the reason why it has been quiet in this topic.

:-\

It has been hard for my wife. And it actually still is. The pain around her pelvis is bearable which is good but her sugar is still high even though she uses insulin now. She started off with a low dose but now she has to have four units with every shot. And still it stays a bit high. I'm sure that without the insulin it would be even higher so it does work but obviously not as it suppose to.
The internist is reluctant to higher the dose for now so we have to stick with that.
That is also the reason why it will most likely be a planned delivery.
Tomorrow we have an appointment with the Gynaecologist so we hear more then. We might even set a date then, which obviously i'm not going to mention here.  ;D

On top of that...she has troubles sleeping. :(
Last night was a good night, she did sleep for almost 5 to 6 hours and this may surprise some of you, but that's actually a good night sleep since the past few weeks the average was about two and a half hours of sleep.
Which basically means that her mood changes from time to time. Not bad, bearable and understanding but i'm sometimes really happy that i can go to work. Sounds silly, doesn't it?
And it doesn't help that i'm laying next to her either. Embarassed (yes i snore  ;))

And...

Yep there's an 'and'...

She has bronchitis too since passed Tuesday, so she has to take some anti biotics too.  :(

So it's safe to say that the last few weeks have been rather challenging to say the least.

Good news is (finally  ;D) that we get lots of help from my parents in-law and an aunt of my wife. They've been and are still great.  :)

Hope this answers most of your questions.

maddox

Maybe it's easier to quote the second post in a new post so...

Here it is.

Quote from: maddox on the Ayreon forumAs from today, my wife has been admitted at the hospital.  :'( :'( :'(
Basically because of two things.

No 1: After some tests they found protein in her urine and her blood pressure was high. Those two combined is a serious risk of pregnancy poisoning. Dutchies :zwangerschaps vergiftiging. (still don't know if i translate it properly, so if not i could use some help with it)

And no. 2: Because of the diabetes we already knew it was going to be a big boy or girl. The baby can't deal with it or don't need the extra sugar in the blood so it transforms the sugar to fat and too much of fat is not good, so it grows bigger than the average.
That's why the doctors want to monitor almost every day how big the baby is and how much he/she grows.
Because of the fact that when pregnancy sugar is diagnosed most new born childs has problems with their lungs they don't want to speculate about a date of delivery.
I say this because it will be a planned delivery and it won't be the second week of January. That we already know.

We didn't really expected this to happen any more and when my wife called me up at work i was not pleasantly surprised. In fact i was shocked. We didn't planned this and actually didn't gave it much thought any more.
The gynaecologist already said to us today that it would be a planned delivery and we accepted that but she never said any thing about admitting so you can imagine our surprise.

Ms. Mad had to be there at seven o'clock in the evening so before that we had a lot to arrange.
Again, we had the help of an aunt who babysitter my daughter so i could bring my my wife to the hospital and my mother in-law promised us she would do also next week ( really guys, they're lovely  *horns* ) and i made some arrangements at work because i wasn't allowed to take a short holiday or be free next Monday.  >:( >:(

Don't get me wrong, it's not the end of the world and it is the best thing for my wife and that she is in good hands but...

...  :'(

*sighs

Ohhh, man.. so much words and i'm a bit loss for words right now.

So weird.

:'(

So there you go. Two rather important updates. Unfortunately not very pleasant ones. I wish it was different but it isn't.

So is all of this really bad?

A week has passed since the previous post and so she is lying in the hospital for a week now. We've had our up and downs. My daughter has been tossed between several 'babysitters' like my parents in-law and an aunt of my wife. Like i already said, they've been great!  *horns*
All of this affects my daughter as well since she has to miss her mother and have no steady bases for over a week now.
It's clear that my wife will have to remain in the hospital this Christmas unless the little mad is born before that.
We don't count on it though. Although there's definitely something working the chances are slim that it will be born within a week or so.
So that's why the planned delivery. As you already read, because of the sugar the little one will be rather big so the longer we wait the harder it will be to have a 'natural' delivery.

My wife is positive though. We have our fair share of laughs when i visit her and she shines when she can see our daughter.  :)

So...the pased weeks in a nutshell.

Questions?

Ask!  ;)

Thanks for your time.  :D