News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Experiment - The English Language.

Started by johninblack, Tue, 2007-08-21, 13:10:59

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Interesting this. I saw this on MySpace and was able to read it almost as if it had all been done properly. The text explains itself so i'll not go into that here, what I wondered was this - I could 'read' this easily but then English is my first language. For those of you whom English is NOT your first language I want to know, does the theory stated within the text still hold true.....

QuoteCdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt
!

Your thoughts on this will be interesting.

If any of you can't work this out PM me and i'll tell you what it actually says. Although It's so obvious to me that I can't imagine that happening, but then that very point is what makes this so interesting!

bluepony

Hi John,

I know this text both in English and German (my native language) and can read both without any problems.
(Not sure though whether this is amazing or scary...  ;) )

The Butterfly Man

Hi John, I can read the text perfectly, without any problems!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Appelmoes??

The trick is to start and end the words with the right letters, the order of the letters in the middle doesn't matter. I know it in dutch. so I could read it pretty easy.
(And in all the years I've been on international fora, english has become my second language...)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

So their theory is correct, so long as the word starts and finishes with the right letters it don't matter about the order of other letters just so long as they are all there. I found it interesting that if I look closely, and read slowly it is much, much harder than trying to read it quickly, anyone else find that?

bellanova

bluepony

Yes - I guess if you read slower the brain has more time to notice that the letters aren't in the right order... something like that.

PH

No problems here.
Yeah, it's azmiang.

maddox

Read it clear. It indeed is amazing.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

I know people who spell like that on a regular basis! :o